Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He is uninformed. We have never been told to not debate online. It is his own opinion. Years ago we were instructed to stay away from the Internet because it was dangerous. Now JWs have a Website of our own! We also conduct Bible studies by email. Now what would be wrong with instant messaging? It's just email that is faster. And these religious forums? Not much different than emailing or instant messaging. Things have changed a great deal. Thankfully not many of us go into these forums, because not everybody is suitably experienced. It's tricky sometimes when an ex-JW comes into the forums and begins putting down the WTS and the Governing Body, and I can spot them easily. Others might not be able to and could become somewhat frustrated, not knowing all of our history, etc., like someone like me who is familiar with all of our history and all the reasons why we have done the things we have done.

In that case, why not venture over into your own 'neck of the woods' where you'll find others who are like-minded? Believe me, you'll not find any 'converts' here on TOL.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I was about eight or nine-years old, I wasn't a Christian, my family didn't go to church except once on Christmas and once on Easter, I knew NOTHING about God, yet, when some friends wanted me to go with them and steal candy from a store, I knew it was wrong somehow and refused to participate. As a child I had a very strong conscience. My Mom would tell me to sit in a certain chair while she went to the store and when she got back I was sitting in that exact chair in total obedience. (My Sister was a different story.) Another time when I was eight or nine my Mom took us kids to a Department store and I opened a Halloween costume box and accidently broke the string on the mask, so I went to my Mom, asked her for a nickel and went and placed that nickel in the costume box, in order to make amends for the damage I had caused.

I wasn't a Christian then, I didn't know who the Holy Spirit was nor did I really have a concept of God. All I had was a conscience to know the difference between right and wrong. Like you say, Tam, one doesn't need to be a Christian in order to make good choices in life, be obedient, be kind, be lawful, recognize consequences, etc. Like you said, an Atheist can do good things, provide good works/deeds, help the poor, respect their Parents, obey the laws of the land, not steal, lie, cheat, etc. The problem is, being a good person will not help you inherit eternal life, receive forgiveness of sins, or become a member of the Body of Christ.

There's a lot of really good people out there that aren't saved and will not spend eternity in Heaven, but, will end up in the Lake of Fire and eternal damnation. Being a good person doesn't cut it with God. The Bible says in Isaiah 64:6; "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

God sees the righteousness of human beings as 'filthy rags.' So, if one should find themselves standing before Almighty God at the judgement for the unbelievers, they can rest assured, that God will NOT be impressed with their 'righteousness, good works/deeds.' In fact, the Bible says in Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." So, we already KNOW what God thinks about, good works/deeds/righteousness. He thinks they're like 'filthy rags.' How far will the unbelievers get with their 'righteousness' before a totally righteous and perfect God, who MUST punish sin of any kind?

The Bible says in James 2:10; "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

According to that verse of Scripture, if someone/anyone would be able to obey the ENTIRE law, yet, they disobeyed even ONE of the laws, they would be GUILTY of disobeying EVERY law. If a person believes they're capable of being 'good enough' to enter into the presence of God, they'd be mistaken, because, in order to spend eternity in Heaven with God, you'd have to have NEVER sinned throughout your ENTIRE life. Basically, you'd have to be the Lord Jesus Christ. He was 100% sinless throughout His entire life, He's the ONLY one that ever accomplished that. So, if someone thinks they can 'earn their way to Heaven' through 100% obedience to the law, they'll have an extremely rude awakening. Actually, you have to be equivalent to Christ in order to be in the presents of God for eternity.

That's why, when we hear the Gospel and place ALL of our faith in Christ as our Lord and Savior, we actually become a 'Child of God' who, in the eyes of God is sinless. We are sinless, because, Christ took our place and paid the price for all of our combined sins; past, present and future. Therefore, God can look on us and ONLY see His Son. (God the Son) If not for Christ's death and resurrection, the human race would ALL stand before a righteous God and be condemned to the 'Lake of Fire' for eternity. God doesn't take sin lightly, it cost Him the blood of Jesus, His Son. (God the Son) And, He was willing to pay that price, out of His love for us.
:thumb:

KingdomRose

They cannot be anything more or less than; unbelievers. Why you may ask? Because, the believers throughout the history of man will not be judged by their works, but, according to their faith. It's always been about faith right from the beginning.

That is YOUR OPINION, not what the Bible teaches.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that in order to fully understand what God intends us to know; relating to the Bible, the Holy Spirit's help is needed. And, obviously, you being a member of a known cult do not have that advantage.

KingdomRose

No. We don't. No Trinitarian believes that Jesus is the Father.

Yes. Every Trinitarian believes Jesus is Jehovah.

Jehovah is the name of the Triune God. The name applies coequally to each of the Persons of the Trinity.

I just did.

The Father, who is God the Father, sent Jesus, who is God the Son, and was anointed by the Holy Spirit, who is God the Holy Ghost.

Yes, we do.

No, it doesn't. It means they are the same BEING, not the same Person.

BEING is not the same as PERSON.

You, KR, are one PERSON and one BEING.

God is three PERSONS and one BEING.

Why can't you get that through your thick skull?

No one is reneging on anything. You're just presenting straw men arguments.

You are so screwed up it's pathetic. Sorry, but I had to say that. Sherman will probably come down on me for this. Anyone who really pays attention to what you are saying---that Jesus is Jehovah but they are not the same Person and they each are their own Person, and yet the Father, Jehovah, and the Son are the same Person---they can see that you don't know what you are saying. And you've got people here who agree with whatever you say. If you said that Jesus wore purple underwear they'd give you a "thanks." The blind leading the blind.

I don't normally call you any kind of name, even though you and the others regularly call me unkind things. I have always tried to reason with you all. It's sad that you can't understand my points.

There's no difference in a BEING and a PERSON. They mean the same thing in discussions about conscious individuals.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is uninformed. We have never been told to not debate online.
I don't know how old you are, but there have been several that have told me that they are not allowed to come to my church, not allowed to read literature I give them, and not allowed to study on the internet with non-JWs.
Couldn't do any of those without express permission from the governing body.

I'm sorry, but it's not looking like you know the history as well as you think.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are so screwed up it's pathetic. Sorry, but I had to say that. Sherman will probably come down on me for this. Anyone who really pays attention to what you are saying---that Jesus is Jehovah but they are not the same Person and they each are their own Person, and yet the Father, Jehovah, and the Son are the same Person---they can see that you don't know what you are saying. And you've got people here who agree with whatever you say. If you said that Jesus wore purple underwear they'd give you a "thanks." The blind leading the blind.

I don't normally call you any kind of name, even though you and the others regularly call me unkind things. I have always tried to reason with you all. It's sad that you can't understand my points.

There's no difference in a BEING and a PERSON. They mean the same thing in discussions about conscious individuals.

It appears you're getting frustrated? Why is that?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't know how old you are, but there have been several that have told me that they are not allowed to come to my church, not allowed to read literature I give them, and not allowed to study on the internet with non-JWs.
Couldn't do any of those without express permission from the governing body.

I'm sorry, but it's not looking like you know the history as well as you think.

I find this person to be pretentious, arrogant, unwilling to fully answer any questions, and, for some reason accuses posters of saying or believing things they don't actually own.