Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have compassion for people who have been deceived, misled, lied to, brainwashed, coerced, controlled, it's abuse in so many different ways. Most JWs would vehemently deny any sort of abuse. They will defend the very ones who have done that to them. But there are many JWs who have come to realize the truth about that organization and have left it.

It doesn't seemingly start that way. It begins with love bombing techniques. And people are told by JWs that they have such wonderful good news for them about a paradise earth. That message has been used on so many people to draw them in. Then they try to get a person to agree to a home bible study. Then they try to get the person to come to the Kingdom Hall where on the first visit the love bombing is really on a high level. So the person feels like they really care about them.

But later on things change. That love bombing slows down until it turns into something else as the person has more and more pressure put on them. Things they're told that they have to do if they want to please Jehovah and survive Armageddon. And I mean a lot of pressure.

They have to complete a home bible study using several books. Then if the person is reluctant to be baptized, they will be pressured about that. But some people have also been told, well I don't think you're ready to be baptized. So even that is controlled. Eventually before baptism, they have to answer at least 100 questions and if they don't answer them the way they are expected to then the baptism is delayed and they have to try to answer the questions again. I was told that when someone gets baptized, it is in the name of the Father, the Son, and the spirit filled organization which represents the Watchtower Society especially the Governing Body.

The Governing Body also called the faithful and discreet slave are a small group of men who dictate rules, regulations and doctrines of the organization. JWs are taught to revere these men as being specially anointed and not to be doubted or questioned. That is really repeatedly told to JWs that they must trust those men unquestioningly and believe that they receive their direction directly from God. So to question those men is to question God. That is what JWs are taught. So eventually JWs equate these men as the only true channel that God is using and therefore JWs believe that organization is the only true religion. Eventually in a JW mind the Governing Body=God. JWs will deny that but it's true. But what is so disturbing is that these men place themselves up so high.

If a JW decides they want to leave that organization, they are told that they are leaving Jehovah or God but what those men are really saying is that the person is leaving them, the Governing Body. And that is just not allowed. JWs cannot leave that organization without repercussions and it's all about control right up to the very end. Those men will make it as difficult as possible for a person to leave at least by choice. But they will disfellowship a person. A person can disassociate themselves or fade away but all that is really viewed as bad as being disfellowshipped. Then they make a public announcement to the congregation to publicly shame the person.

One way they use is that if a person has a family member or members who are JWs then if they leave, their family will not be allowed to associate with them. Their family has to shun them. That is like holding family members hostage. It destroys families. And those families will choose the Governing Body over their family member who is leaving in most cases.

Anyway I think I've already commented about this in some detail. But I do have compassion for JWs. I don't like seeing an organization or small group of men have that much power over a person and their life even to the point that they can turn your family completely against you making sure you suffer the consequences for leaving their organization as if they think they own you for life. I don't like that.

The JWs seem to share some same similarities with the Catholic church and Scientology. That's interesting.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul is a minister of the gospel Jesus preached.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Look at that, the same Covenant.

Well, if you don't SEE a difference between what Paul was saying/preaching regarding the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' and what Christ was preaching to the House of Israel, you lack true discernment and understanding. No other conclusion can be drawn.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not of these works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Not 'not of these works':

Believe and obey Jesus. Humble yourself. Fear God. Repent of your sins. Forgive others their sins.

You just don't get it and perhaps, you NEVER will? I hope I'm wrong.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The great zeal that Paul was speaking of is that they wanted to keep cleaning themselves by doing various external washings and sacrifices animals, etc; they did not believe that Jesus' blood cleans them. That is the righteousness that is not of work---Paul was not promoting a righteousness acquired by not obeying Jesus!

You seem to have your own way of looking at things and refuse to learn, because of your stubbornness and unbelief.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus isn't limited to only a few people.

He told the Samaritan woman to ask him for living water, and he taught faith and told the Jews that no greater faith than the Gentile man.

Christ told His Disciples NOT to go to the gentiles, why do you think He told them that? Matthew 10:5 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Those like you....with great zeal but ignorant of the righteousness of God?

Romans 10:2-3 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

Excellent observation, Glorydaz

God's Truth

Well, if you don't SEE a difference between what Paul was saying/preaching regarding the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' and what Christ was preaching to the House of Israel, you lack true discernment and understanding. No other conclusion can be drawn.

There is only one God, one book, one people, one gospel, and one way.

You make a chopped up mess that is not from God.

God's Truth

Christ told His Disciples NOT to go to the gentiles, why do you think He told them that? Matthew 10:5 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:"

Jesus said that because he came first for those who were already saved and belonged to God who was making a new covenant that was based on faith. Some of the Jews already had faith before Jesus came, and the ones who did not were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear Jesus and not at that time be saved, because Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus said that because he came first for those who were already saved and belonged to God who was making a new covenant that was based on faith. Some of the Jews already had faith before Jesus came, and the ones who did not were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear Jesus and not at that time be saved, because Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith.

This is YOUR personal theorie/interpretation. You ought to inform posters about that. You've got things mixed up and you're extremely lacking in the discernment and knowledge department.

God's Truth

This is YOUR personal theorie/interpretation. You ought to inform posters about that. You've got things mixed up and you're extremely lacking in the discernment and knowledge department.

It is not my own it is God's.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

musterion

Pro trinity graphics? Really? No thanks. This is not a JW website.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As you wish but the thing is, on this thread she will ignore it and let the question get buried among a bunch of different posts. That's what she wants to happen. If she starts a new thread she has to deal with it. That was my thinking but you're the boss.