Do You Get Offended?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do Words Offend You?
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Matt 13:57
57 So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house."
Matt 11:6
6 "And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me."
Matt 24:8-13
8 "All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
10 "And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
1 Tim 4:1-2
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
Col 2:8
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
2 Tim 4:2-4
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
Mark 7:7
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
Rom 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)
xxx A born again Christian cannot be offended. To be offended one has to have an unclean spirit in them. All emotions are unclean spirits. If you get offended it is because an unclean spirit in you doesnt want you to hear the truth. So he jumps up with a strong feeling and then lies to you. The truth will always arouse unclean spirits. We are suppose to resist the devil and he will have to leave us. He doesnt the first time you resist him, but he does get weaker every time you resist him. Until he has to leave.

James 3:1-2

1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
(KJV)

Matt 11:6
6 "And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me."
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-26
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
(NKJ)

If you get offended, you have an unclean spirit in you. The only way to get rid of an unclean spirit is to resist him. Don't give into him.

James 3:2
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
(KJV)

Matt 26:31
31 Then Jesus said to them, "All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: 'I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'
(NKJ)

Matt 26:33-35
33 Peter answered and said to Him, "Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble."
34 Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times."
35 Peter said to Him, "Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!" And so said all the disciples.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 11:20-31
20 For you put up with it if one brings you into bondage, if one devours you, if one takes from you, if one exalts himself, if one strikes you on the face.
21 To our shame, I say that we were too weak for that! But in whatever anyone is bold-- I speak foolishly-- I am bold also.
22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.
23 Are they ministers of Christ?-- I speak as a fool-- I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often.
24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one.
25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness--
28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?
30 If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity.
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
(NKJ)

Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.

It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

Words are not and should not be an offense to you or me or anyone. Hearing words is different than writing or typing words. Your words is simply different than scripture or the words of scripture. I try not to be easily offended. Or, I try to not be easily offended. That people can be hurt or injured by words is understood. What a person says may be different than their use of words.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.

It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

Words are not and should not be an offense to you or me or anyone. Hearing words is different than writing or typing words. Your words is simply different than scripture or the words of scripture. I try not to be easily offended. Or, I try to not be easily offended. That people can be hurt or injured by words is understood. What a person says may be different than their use of words.

I said
lol Your multiple thread rants are proof you get offended. But that is only because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Your devil is driving you in revenge posting.

55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Your multiple thread rants are proof you get offended. But that is only because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Your devil is driving you in revenge posting.

55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.

What revenge? Do you understand what you are saying?
I do not know what multiple thread rants are.
I do know that I was responding or replying to your posts or threads and you said you are going on vacation, again I guess. That is okay.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What revenge? Do you understand what you are saying?
I do not know what multiple thread rants are.
I do know that I was responding or replying to your posts or threads and you said you are going on vacation, again I guess. That is okay.

I said
lol Multiple thread rants is what your doing right now. Throwing out some ridiculous logic that ony you believe.

Your not coherent

co·her·ent

/ˌkōˈhirənt/

adjective

(of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent:

"they failed to develop a coherent economic strategy"
synonyms:
logical, reasoned, reasonable, rational, sound, ... more
antonyms:
muddled

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Multiple thread rants is what your doing right now. Throwing out some ridiculous logic that ony you believe.

Your not coherent

co·her·ent

/ˌkōˈhirənt/

adjective

(of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent:

"they failed to develop a coherent economic strategy"
synonyms:
logical, reasoned, reasonable, rational, sound, ... more
antonyms:
muddled

interesting
I don't know what multiple thread rants are and I don't rant
Saying so uses the word but without doing so would you understand what I am responding to without you being or becoming in control of me?