ECT What is the "Spiritual House" at 1 Peter 2:5-6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

The following words of Peter were written at a time when the nation of Israel was temporarily set aside so I just cannot believe that the "spiritual house" in the following verse is speaking about the nation of Israel:

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded" (1 Pet.2:5-6).​

The spiritually enlightened recognize the truth that the "spiritual house" is the Body of Christ of which the Lord Jesus is the chief corner stone:

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone" (Eph.2:16-20).​

I wonder if anyone will actually say that the "spiritual house" spoken of by Peter is the nation of Israel despite the fact that when he wrote those words the nation of Israel remained in unbelief?

DAN P

The following words of Peter were written at a time when the nation of Israel was temporarily set aside so I just cannot believe that the "spiritual house" in the following verse is speaking about the nation of Israel:

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded" (1 Pet.2:5-6).​

The spiritually enlightened recognize the truth that the "spiritual house" is the Body of Christ of which the Lord Jesus is the chief corner stone:

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone" (Eph.2:16-20).​

I wonder if anyone will actually say that the "spiritual house" spoken of by Peter is the nation of Israel despite the fact that when he wrote those words the nation of Israel remained in unbelief?

Hi Jerry and who is that Spiritual house , and will you then become a Priest of Israel and how will that happen , like written in Rev 1:6 and also in Ex 19:6 ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and who is that Spiritual house , and will you then become a Priest of Israel and how will that happen , like written in Rev 1:6 and also in Ex 19:6 ??

So you really think that the "spiritual house" is Israel despite the fact that at the time Peter wrote this epistle the nation of Israel was temporarily cast aside because of unbelief?

DAN P

So you really think that the "spiritual house" is Israel despite the fact that at the time Peter wrote this epistle the nation of Israel was temporarily cast aside because of unbelief?

Hi Jerry and today ALL are sinners , both Jews and Gentiles and need to be saved by Rom 10:9 , with out exception !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and today ALL are sinners , both Jews and Gentiles and need to be saved by Rom 10:9 , with out exception !!

Dan, I never said otherwise. But would you please identify the "spiritual house" spoken of in the following passage:

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded"
(1 Pet.2:5-6).​

Remember, at the time when Peter wrote those words the nation of Israel had already been temporarily set aside because of unbelief. So what is Peter referring to when he speaks of the "spiritual house"?

DAN P

Dan, I never said otherwise. But would you please identify the "spiritual house" spoken of in the following passage:

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded"
(1 Pet.2:5-6).​

Remember, at the time when Peter wrote those words the nation of Israel had already been temporarily set aside because of unbelief. So what is Peter referring to when he speaks of the "spiritual house"?

Hi Jerry and this spiritual House has a Priesthood to offer , SPIRITUAL SACRIFICES and with out a DOUBT this will happen during the Millennium as all Israel will be Kings and Priests in that Kingdom , Rev 1:6 and in Ex 19:6 !!

dan p

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another superfluous thread on the same topic. Please see this thread on this topic here

Please move to over to that thread to discuss this topic--and please be civil while you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.