Thread: The Called !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Holy, Effectual Call of God of God's Grace !

2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

And Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

When elect sinners are called by Grace, or with a Holy calling there is in them a new nature with spiritual powers or abilities to hear, see, and understand spiritual things, of which the mere natural man cannot..

1 Cor 2:14

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned..

Remember, the only fruitful hearer in the parable was the one who understood the word..because it was cast upon good ground Matt 13:23

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

In the effectual call they receive the spirit of adoption whereby the cry Abba Father, they are now capable of receiving spiritual instruction..however no spiritual instruction i.e believe or repent can be complied to without first having a new spiritual existence or being..and that is what the effectual call provides for the elect of God..
    Last edited by beloved57; April 30th, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    2 tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

And gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

When elect sinners are called by Grace, or with a Holy calling there is in them a new nature with spiritual powers or abilities to hear, see, and understand spiritual things, of which the mere natural man cannot..

1 cor 2:

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned..

Remember, the only fruitful hearer in the parable was the one who understood the word..because it was cast upon good ground Matt 13:

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

In the effectual call they receive the spirit of adoption whereby the cry Abba Father, they are now capable of receiving spiritual instruction..however no spiritual instruction i.e believe or repent can be complied to without first having a new spiritual existence or being..and that is what the effectual call provides for the elect of God..
    I said
    Its not automatic. One has to grow in the Spirit. Some will be disqualified, some will fall short, some will fall from grace. One must grow, and go through the milk understanding, and then the meat understanding. And then come to the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of.
    GROW IN THE SPIRIT KNOWLEDGE

Heb 2:1
    1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
    Mark 4:24-25
    24 Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
    25 "For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."
    Eph 3:16
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
    1 Tim 4:15
    15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
    Gal 2:14
    14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?
    Gal 2:13
    13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
    Rom 1:18
    18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
    Rev 3:15-16
    15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
    16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
    2 Tim 1:7
    7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
    John 17:17-18
    17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
    18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
    1 Cor 2:4-8
    4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
    5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
    6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    Rom 6:19
    19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
    Matt 4:4
    4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
    Matt 16:5-11
    5 Now when His disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
    6 Then Jesus said to them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees."
    7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because we have taken no bread."
    8 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, "O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?
    9 "Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up?
    10 "Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up?
    11 "How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?-- but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
    Matt 16:12
    12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
    1 Cor 1:20-21
    20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
    I Jn 1:10
    10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
    I Jn 2:4
    4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    John 7:18
    18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
    John 3:34
    34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
    John 3:31
    31 "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
    John 14:26
    26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
    2 Cor 5:5
    5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
    John 12:48
    48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
    Luke 10:16
    16 "He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me."
    Matt 24:11-13
    11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
    12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
    13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
    2 Tim 3:13-17
    13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
    14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
    17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    John 15:1-10
    1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
    2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
    3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
    4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
    5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
    6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
    7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
    8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
    9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
    10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
    (NKJ)
    xxx To grow in the Spirit(verses) is to have more verses written in your conscience(book of beliefs). This is why it says to study to show thyself approved. When you put verses in your book of beliefs, you will be tested on them verses. If you pass the test the verses will stay, if you fail the test satan will be allowed to take them verses out of your book of beliefs. This is why we need to hunger and thirst after righteousness. And read daily.

Matt 13:19
    19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
    (NKJ)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The calling

Gal 1:15

This calling is also the same as drawing..i.e where we read Jn 6:44

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The word for draw here is helkō:

metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

And Jesus uses it metaphorically to describe what the effectual call of God does and accomplishes within the Chosen..
    Last edited by beloved57; June 10th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gal 1:15

This calling is also the same as drawing..i.e where we read jn 6:

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The word for draw here is helkō:

metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

And Jesus uses it metaphorically to describe what the effectual call of God does and accomplishes within the chosen..
    I said
    i noticed you mix some words together in your replies which leaves people a bit confuses. Do you know the difference between called and chosen????

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

called = Drawed

So it is quite appropiate to say that, no man can come to Jesus christ unless inwardly called.. Its an inward hearing of the voice of God or voice of Jesus christ..

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it is quite appropiate to say that, no man can come to Jesus christ unless inwardly called.. Its an inward hearing of the voice of God or voice of Jesus christ..

I said
    You will never hear Gods voice or Jesus' voice to be called or chosen.
    You will hear from your guardian angel carnal thoughts. Mostly it will be fear.

John 6:44
    44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    (NKJ)

Luke 1:50
    50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
    (NKJ)

Matt 10:28
    28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
    (NKJ)

Luke 12:5
    5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
    (NKJ)

Now if God didnt call someone they will have other reasons for getting into scripture.

Matt 15:13-14
    13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
    14 "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
    (NKJ)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Holy Calling !

2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

He hath called us [ the elect] with a Holy calling, for why is it called a Holy Calling ? Because it comes from the Holy , Sovereign God Himself to a Holy set apart Gospel ready people ! It is Holy because it is efficient to secure the accomplishment of the purpose and grace of God Rom 8:29-30

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

A ineffectual call which fails to secure Gospel obedience to the Faith [Rom 16:26& Rom 15:18] must be defective and not Holy, nor perfect. God's Holy call exhibits His power, for He merely speaks the word and it stands fast, for He commands and it is done, He says, 'Let there be light, and there is Light.

2 Cor 4:6

6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by beloved57; April 29th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God calls only a remnant !

That God calls only a remnant is intimated in Joel 2:32

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

cp Acts 2:38-39

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

These scriptures indicate that God does not call all to obtain eternal salvation, but only His elect, the spiritual seed of Abraham, out of both Jew and Gentile Rom 9:23-24

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
    Last edited by beloved57; December 9th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the NT references belong to the elect, and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel..

And you reject the Truth..

Beloved,

your despised compromiser would like for you to know that the whole of this thread from the topic you posted to the proofs that you painfully studied out is sufficient and faithful to the Lords DOCTRINE, so no worries...

HOWEVER, you still draw an assumption that EZEKIEL 36 pertains to NATIONAL ISRAEL, and somehow can be dismissed as irrelevant as a testimony and witness.

You are way off, and EZEKIEL 36 gives us a PERFECT EXAMPLE or ILLUSTRATION of the workings of SALVATION in an elect individuals life.

Till you further study it out and till you harmonize it completely with the entire Bible, reserve your wisdom and present GOD'S as you faithfully do most times.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That God calls only a remnant is intimated in Joel 2:

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

cp acts 2:

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

These scriptures indicate that God does not call all to obtain eternal salvation, but only His elect, the spiritual seed of Abraham, out of both Jew and Gentile rom 9:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

This proves perfectly;

MATTHEW 7:13-14

13.) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14.) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

We see God telling us that MANY go to DESTRUCTION in verse 13.

In VERSE 14 we see FEW are led unto LIFE.

The FEW represent a REMNANT.

HARMONY.

peace

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14400:

HOWEVER, you still draw an assumption that EZEKIEL 36 pertains to NATIONAL ISRAEL
    Where did I say that ? Please show me the post ?

Charles Spurgeon !

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the NT references belong to the elect, and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel..

And you reject the Truth..

When you said;

""""and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel.."""

Ezekiel 36 as well as for all other scripture within the entire Bible remains relevant, and is NOT intended for a NATION nor TOWARDS any NATION.

The ENTIRE BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD, FROM HIS VERY MOUTH, and each word is intended for the elect unto edification and increased knowledge...TIME AND JUDGMENT.

The SPIRIT OF PROPHECY is every WORD in the entire BIBLE.

That was the point I was making.

peace

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 14400 View Post
    When you said;

""""and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel.."""

Ezekiel 36 as well as for all other scripture within the entire Bible remains relevant, and is NOT intended for a NATION nor TOWARDS any NATION.

The ENTIRE BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD, FROM HIS VERY MOUTH, and each word is intended for the elect unto edification and increased knowledge...TIME AND JUDGMENT.

The SPIRIT OF PROPHECY is every WORD in the entire BIBLE.

That was the point I was making.

peace
    If I said that, it was in the context of when in ezk we read things like this ezk 18:31

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

ezk 33:11

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Those words are directed towards Israel Nationally under National Covenant, and death was National Covenant death, of which they eventually did suffer, but, God was not ready at that time for that National Covenant to expire, because her purpose, of being was not fully fulfilled until the Messiah was born.

That is why God said, I have no desire for the death of the wicked, meaning, He desired not the death of that nation at so early of a date, The Messiah must be born under that National Covenant under the Law.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gal 1:15

Gal 1:

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

An aspect of salvation by grace is to be called by Grace, and as Paul here, all the election of grace [ though by nature children of wrath as others] have been separated from their mother's womb, and as Paul, eventually called by His Grace, His here would probably be the Lord Jesus Christ.

The conversion experience of Paul on the damascus road was recored for us [ the elect] as an example or pattern on how we are converted to Christ, called by His grace to believe on Jesus Christ.

1 Tim 1:

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Each and every elect vessel of mercy [ROM 9:23] has their Damascus road conversion call from Jesus Christ, though it may not be exactly as Paul's, it will be as effective.

The call of God in this respect actually converts the elect, causing the one called to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as He is set forth in the gospel Gal 1:

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

This call to the elect, the call of grace actually reveals in them, the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a call sovereignly credited to the Spirit of God jn 16:

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

He shall make known Christ to all those He calls by His Grace.

2 thess 2:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice, that this call is to the obtaining [possession] of the Glory of of our Lord Jesus Christ. Its a summons resulting in our obtaining experimentally of the Glory of our Lord. This initially of course produces conversion, which is to the praise of His glory [ eph 1:12]

One of the converting effects of this call to Glory is Trusting in Christ.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beloved57 said,

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

There is a dispensational difference here, for under the Old Covenant Israel as a nation was called, and this is in reference to the nation as the context will tell, just read the passage leading up to that verse and that will be seen..

But in the NT post cross, the called are those that are the called of Jesus christ, like saul who became paul was called in acts 9..

So when writing His epistles and addressing them as the called, He has his personal experience to verify the calling he has in mind..

The called of Jesus christ is not for all men, but for those men and women whom Jesus christ was made sin for, and those whom His righteousness has been reckoned unto their account..

It is a distinct group of people, seperated from all other peoples in the world..

It is a call that though it is to a distinct people, its inclusive of both jew and gentile per rom 9:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You are talking about me again aren't you ?

THAT'S ME THAT'S ME.
    ======================
    GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

Thread Information