User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 279

Thread: The Called !

  1. #256
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,012
    Thanks
    1,950
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 2,436 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    God reveals the truth of his unlimited atonement to the elect only. The non-elect limit the atonement like Calvin and make it a possibility like Arminius.
    God reveals His Truth to those who believe and obey Him.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  2. #257
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    The Called according to His Purpose !

    Rom 8:28

    28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

    Now who are the called according to His purpose ? I believe they're the ones Paul writes of in 2 Tim 1:9

    9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

    Its them who grace had been given to in Christ Jesus before the world began. I believe its also them called according to Gods purpose of election Rom 9:11

    11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  3. #258
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanks
    1,171
    Thanked 591 Times in 567 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    28475
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The Called according to His Purpose !

    Rom 8:28

    28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

    Now who are the called according to His purpose ? I believe they're the ones Paul writes of in 2 Tim 1:9

    9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

    Its them who grace had been given to in Christ Jesus before the world began. I believe its also them called according to Gods purpose of election Rom 9:11

    11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

    Amen. And obviously, it was not His Will for all mankind without exception to be
    recipients of this Call according to His Purpose Rom. 8:28, such as these Rev. 21:8.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  4. #259
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Amen. And obviously, it was not His Will for all mankind without exception to be
    recipients of this Call according to His Purpose Rom. 8:28, such as these Rev. 21:8.
    Amen Sister !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (June 1st, 2018)

  6. #260
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    The Called are also the elect vessels of mercy, which are not only from among jews but also from among gentiles. We see this in Rom 9:23-24

    23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

    24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
    Last edited by beloved57; June 2nd, 2018 at 04:03 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  7. #261
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanks
    1,171
    Thanked 591 Times in 567 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    28475
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The Called are also the elect vessels of mercy, which are not only from among jews but also from among gentiles. We see this in Rom 9:23-24

    23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

    24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

    Amen ! Therefore, being that God's Vessels of Mercy consist not only of Jews but also of Gentiles, together they make up one specific People called the Children of Israel; the Israel of God which was promised Salvation, the Called according to God's Purpose Rom. 8:28-30.

    Is. 45:17
    But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

    Together [Jews and Gentiles] they are the Chosen Sons of God, a Spiritual Nation that was predestinated to be conformed to the Image of Christ: One Head and One Body in Christ, His Church.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (June 2nd, 2018)

  9. #262
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    The Called according to His Purpose !2

    This calling is a Salvation call Rom 8:28-30

    28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


    29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.


    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

    The greek word for purpose is prothesis and means:

    a setting forth, the show-bread; predetermination, purpose

    Now Gods Purpose is grounded in His own predetermination, and that makes it sure, for Gods word says of His purpose Isa 14:24,27

    The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand

    For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

    Isa 46:11

    Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

    Inclusive in this call according to Gods purpose are fore-ordination, calling, justification and glorification, they're one inseparable unit. In other words the called here will be saved spiritually, justified and glorified, Gods purpose will do it!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  10. #263
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanks
    1,171
    Thanked 591 Times in 567 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    28475
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The Called according to His Purpose !2

    This calling is a Salvation call Rom 8:28-30

    28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


    29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.


    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

    The greek word for purpose is prothesis and means:

    a setting forth, the show-bread; predetermination, purpose

    Now Gods Purpose is grounded in His own predetermination, and that makes it sure, for Gods word says of His purpose Isa 14:24,27

    The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand

    For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

    Isa 46:11

    Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

    Inclusive in this call according to Gods purpose are fore-ordination, calling, justification and glorification, they're one inseparable unit. In other words the called here will be saved spiritually, justified and glorified, Gods purpose will do it!

    Amen Brother, perfectly stated !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (July 13th, 2018)

  12. #264
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,989
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 653 Times in 547 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The Called !
    All are called.


    THE LIFE OF MAN - TO KNOW AND LOVE GOD

    1 God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

    2 So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."

  13. #265
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    All are called.


    THE LIFE OF MAN - TO KNOW AND LOVE GOD

    1 God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

    2 So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."
    Did you want to discuss my post points?

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  14. #266
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,012
    Thanks
    1,950
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 2,436 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    All are called.


    THE LIFE OF MAN - TO KNOW AND LOVE GOD
    We only know God by OBEYING God.

    We know God by obeying His commands.

    We love God by obeying His commands.

    God loves those who love Him by obeying Him.

    God knows those who obey Him.

    That is scripture.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. #267
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,012
    Thanks
    1,950
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 2,436 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Anyone who preaches to not obey God to get saved and to stay saved is going against God.

    Even the Catholics that say to obey and then they do things that God says not to do.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  16. #268
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Anyone who preaches to not obey God to get saved and to stay saved is going against God.

    Even the Catholics that say to obey and then they do things that God says not to do.
    Rabbit trail. Do you want to discuss post points?

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  17. #269
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,012
    Thanks
    1,950
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 2,436 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Rabbit trail. Do you want to discuss post points?

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    That is what I am doing. How is your eyesight and your hearing?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  18. #270
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,001
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,313 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52155
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    That is what I am doing. How is your eyesight and your hearing?
    More evasion and comments that have nothing to do worh points in post.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us