Time Of The End

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The temple has been defiled for more than 2000 years.
So what?

The end times were happening 2000 years ago. In fact, Israel was fully one year in to the Great Tribulation around 30 A.D. Peter even quotes Joel, affirming the end was near in Acts 2.

Then Israel (as a whole) rejected God, and so God cut them off and grafted in the body of Christ, putting Israel's tribulation on hold.

I don't see anywhere where 2300 days could mean 2300 years.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]This study is done from the N.I.V Exhaustive Concordance.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

The two words of this study are, (PRINCE-S) and LEAD-ER-S-ING).

The Hebrew word (NASIY). Ref # 5954 is used 39 times for the word (PRINCE-S).
And the Hebrew word (SAR). Ref # 8569 is used 51 times for the word (PRINCE-S).

As you can see NASIY and SAR are very different words.

[FONT=&quot]The word SAR[/FONT] is used a total of 421 times; 78 times as officials, 110 times as commander-s and 32 times as officer-s. And 40 times as Lead-er-s-ing.

The correct translation for Daniel 12:1 is “minister.” And the correct translation for Isaiah 9:6 is "ministering."

The other alternate Hebrew words for PRINCE are these.
5592. NAGIYD (PRINCE) 3 times. / 5618. NADIYB (PRINCE-S) 6 times. / 5687. NAZIYR (PRINCE-S) 3 times. / 5817. NASIYK (PRINCE-S). 3 times.

You should take notice that they all began with the letters " N A ".

In Daniel 11:22 the word PRINCE is #5592 NAGIYD.

In our different bible, interpretations are often given in place of translations.
It's something to think about.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Prince Minister Leader Sar[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brown-Driver-Briggs makes a very good argument for the word "sar" meaning royalty, in Assyrian. (King) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, using another language to translate a word can be both helpful, and misleading. What they did not take into consideration is the fact that royalty also acted as ministers. (As in, ministering in peace.) Or (Minister of the faith.) The Hebrew word "Sar" is best translated as "Minister." The Hebrew word "Sar" should never be given a translation as having to do with royalty.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brown-Driver-Briggs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]שַׂר[/FONT][FONT=&quot]420[/FONT][FONT=&quot] noun masculine chieftain, chief, ruler, official, captain, prince (Late Hebrew especially of angels; Assyrian šarru, king)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

So what?

The end times were happening 2000 years ago. In fact, Israel was fully one year in to the Great Tribulation around 30 A.D. Peter even quotes Joel, affirming the end was near in Acts 2.

Then Israel (as a whole) rejected God, and so God cut them off and grafted in the body of Christ, putting Israel's tribulation on hold.

I don't see anywhere where 2300 days could mean 2300 years.

Correction: Christians are a Grafted Branch into Israel.

CherubRam

Ok, AND?

Is it possible that such is referring to a period of time that is 2300 (or whatever the number is) 24-hour days FOLLOWING a long period of time?

I have checked before and I checked again, and there is no literal application for the 2300 time frame.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have checked before and I checked again, and there is no literal application for the 2300 time frame.

Either you're really indoctrinated against scripture meaning anything other than what you have been taught, or you're just being stupid.

Cherub: How long was there silence for in heaven in Revelation 8:1?

CherubRam

Either you're really indoctrinated against scripture meaning anything other than what you have been taught, or you're just being stupid.

Prophecy is not your cup of tea JR.

[FONT=&quot]Dreams Parables Proverbs Riddles Sayings Visions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The bible often is written in a parable without giving any indication that it is parabolic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Numbers 12:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 49:4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 1:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel 5:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 20:49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I said, “Sovereign LORD, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hosea 12:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:34[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 78[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Similitude Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Similarity and resemblance; also known as synonyms and likeness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Closely resembling another; a counterpart.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A perceptible likeness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Archaic. A simile, allegory, or parable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][Middle English, from Old French, from Latin similitūdō, from similis, like. See similar.][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The quality or state of being alike: affinity, alikeness, analogy, comparison, correspondence, likeness, parallelism, resemblance, similarity, uniformity, uniformness. See: same / different / compare.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parable Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A parable is purposely intended to convey a hidden and secret meaning other than that contained in the words themselves, and which may or may not bear a special reference to the hearer or reader."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A parable, though their significance is not always explicitly stated, though parables are not necessarily hidden or secret, and at times straightforward and obvious. It is the allegory that typically features hidden meanings. The object of a parable is to enlighten the hearer or reader to a case in which the person has no direct concern, and upon which therefore an investigative judgment may be elicited to discover the meaning.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverb Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A short well-known saying that expresses an obvious truth and often offers advice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synonyms: maxim, axiom, adage, saying, aphorism, saw, truism, epigram[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Riddle Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A riddle is a statement or question having a double or veiled meaning, put forth as a puzzle to be solved. Riddles are of two types: enigmas, which are problems generally expressed in metaphorical or allegorical language that require ingenuity and careful thinking for their solution, and conundrums, which are questions relying for their effects on punning in either the question or the answer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vision Definition[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In spirituality including religion, visions comprise inspirational renderings, generally of a future state and / or of a mythical being, and are believed (by followers of certain religions) to come from a deity, sometimes directly or indirectly via prophets, and serve to inspire or prod believers as part of a revelation or an epiphany. Some take the word vision to be synonymous with apparition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For religious visions in a literary form, see apocalyptic literature.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Religious visions are generally categorized as miracles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to the religious visions mentioned, the term vision (theoria) can refer to the experience of God, as the result of common sense.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In spirituality including religion, visions comprise inspirational renderings, generally of a future state and/or of a mythical being, and are believed (by followers of certain religions) to come from a deity, sometimes directly or indirectly via prophets, and serve to inspire believers as part of a revelation or an epiphany.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A dream is an experience during the night while sleeping.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dream and similar may also refer to:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daydream, a day vision or kind of fantasy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dreams are sequence images, sounds and feelings experienced while sleeping.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Word Association[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Word Association is a common exchange of words that are associated together. A logical connection.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synonyms Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synonyms are words with the same or similar meanings. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous, and the state of being a synonym is called synonymy. The word comes from Ancient Greek syn (σύν) ("with") and onoma (ὄνομα) ("name"). An example of synonyms: If talking about a long time or an extended time, long and extended become synonyms. In the figurative sense, two words are often said to be synonymous if they have the same connotation.[/FONT]

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Prophecy is not your cup of tea JR.

Well, it certainly isn't yours...

[FONT=&quot]Dreams Parables Proverbs Riddles Sayings Visions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The bible often is written in a parable without giving any indication that it is parabolic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Numbers 12:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 49:4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 1:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel 5:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 20:49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I said, “Sovereign LORD, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hosea 12:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:34[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 78[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Similitude Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Similarity and resemblance; also known as synonyms and likeness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Closely resembling another; a counterpart.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A perceptible likeness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Archaic. A simile, allegory, or parable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][Middle English, from Old French, from Latin similitūdō, from similis, like. See similar.][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The quality or state of being alike: affinity, alikeness, analogy, comparison, correspondence, likeness, parallelism, resemblance, similarity, uniformity, uniformness. See: same / different / compare.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parable Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A parable is purposely intended to convey a hidden and secret meaning other than that contained in the words themselves, and which may or may not bear a special reference to the hearer or reader."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A parable, though their significance is not always explicitly stated, though parables are not necessarily hidden or secret, and at times straightforward and obvious. It is the allegory that typically features hidden meanings. The object of a parable is to enlighten the hearer or reader to a case in which the person has no direct concern, and upon which therefore an investigative judgment may be elicited to discover the meaning.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverb Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A short well-known saying that expresses an obvious truth and often offers advice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synonyms: maxim, axiom, adage, saying, aphorism, saw, truism, epigram[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Riddle Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A riddle is a statement or question having a double or veiled meaning, put forth as a puzzle to be solved. Riddles are of two types: enigmas, which are problems generally expressed in metaphorical or allegorical language that require ingenuity and careful thinking for their solution, and conundrums, which are questions relying for their effects on punning in either the question or the answer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vision Definition[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In spirituality including religion, visions comprise inspirational renderings, generally of a future state and / or of a mythical being, and are believed (by followers of certain religions) to come from a deity, sometimes directly or indirectly via prophets, and serve to inspire or prod believers as part of a revelation or an epiphany. Some take the word vision to be synonymous with apparition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For religious visions in a literary form, see apocalyptic literature.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Religious visions are generally categorized as miracles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to the religious visions mentioned, the term vision (theoria) can refer to the experience of God, as the result of common sense.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In spirituality including religion, visions comprise inspirational renderings, generally of a future state and/or of a mythical being, and are believed (by followers of certain religions) to come from a deity, sometimes directly or indirectly via prophets, and serve to inspire believers as part of a revelation or an epiphany.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A dream is an experience during the night while sleeping.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dream and similar may also refer to:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daydream, a day vision or kind of fantasy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dreams are sequence images, sounds and feelings experienced while sleeping.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Word Association[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Word Association is a common exchange of words that are associated together. A logical connection.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synonyms Definition[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synonyms are words with the same or similar meanings. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous, and the state of being a synonym is called synonymy. The word comes from Ancient Greek syn (σύν) ("with") and onoma (ὄνομα) ("name"). An example of synonyms: If talking about a long time or an extended time, long and extended become synonyms. In the figurative sense, two words are often said to be synonymous if they have the same connotation.[/FONT]

None of that answers my question, which was directed at you, not your commentaries:

I'll even provide you with the verse, to make it easier:

When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. - Revelation 8:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation8:1&version=NKJV

genuineoriginal

Wake up!
Daniel 8:26 “The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.”
Your mistake is assuming that the time of the evenings and mornings are stretched out into many centuries to create a distant future instead of rightly understanding that the evenings and mornings being a short time period (counted in days) that will happen in Daniel' distant future.

CherubRam

Your mistake is assuming that the time of the evenings and mornings are stretched out into many centuries to create a distant future instead of rightly understanding that the evenings and mornings being a short time period (counted in days) that will happen in Daniel' distant future.

Yep, that is the only logical way to interpret the passage.

I hope you guys are joking and not serious.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I hope you guys are joking and not serious.
Why would we be joking?

There is no logical way to get that the period of 2300 days is meant to be 2300 years (or whatever you think it is) from whatever point in history you're using.

It's just not written in a way that could mean anything other that a period of 2300 (literal, 24-hour) days AFTER another unspecified length of time.

Which utterly destroys your worldview... Ergo you vehemently reject that fact because it contradicts everything you've been taught or have taught yourself.

There's a reason I asked my question about the verse in Revelation.

Let me move one step forward in my line of thinking with that verse:

Revelation 8:1 says there was silence in heaven for the space of about half an hour.

Cherub: is there anything in that verse that says or indicates that "half an hour" means anything other than an actual 30-minute period?

CherubRam

Why would we be joking?

There is no logical way to get that the period of 2300 days is meant to be 2300 years (or whatever you think it is) from whatever point in history you're using.

It's just not written in a way that could mean anything other that a period of 2300 (literal, 24-hour) days AFTER another unspecified length of time.

Which utterly destroys your worldview... Ergo you vehemently reject that fact because it contradicts everything you've been taught or have taught yourself.

There's a reason I asked my question about the verse in Revelation.

Let me move one step forward in my line of thinking with that verse:

Revelation 8:1 says there was silence in heaven for the space of about half an hour.

Cherub: is there anything in that verse that says or indicates that "half an hour" means anything other than an actual 30-minute period?
If it is not logical then maybe it is a parable.

Between the seventh seal and the seventh trumpet there will be silence in heaven for 21 years (half an hour) Rev 8:1 and Rev 17:12.

Rev 8:1. When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

Revelation 17:12
“The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If it is not logical then maybe it is a parable.

If what isn't logical?

If something isn't logical, why would it be in the Bible.

And ALL parables are logical.

Between the seventh seal and the seventh trumpet there will be silence in heaven for 21 years (half an hour) Rev 8:1 and Rev 17:12.

You failed to answer my question.

Let's try again:

I need a "yes, ____ in that verse indicates it does not mean 30 literal minutes," or "no, there is nothing in that verse that indicates anything other than 30 literal minutes.

Rev 8:1. When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

Revelation 17:12
“The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.

We'll get to that verse next, but for now let's focus on 8:1.

CherubRam

If what isn't logical?

If something isn't logical, why would it be in the Bible.

And ALL parables are logical.

You failed to answer my question.

Let's try again:

I need a "yes, ____ in that verse indicates it does not mean 30 literal minutes," or "no, there is nothing in that verse that indicates anything other than 30 literal minutes.

We'll get to that verse next, but for now let's focus on 8:1.

The opening of the seventh seal is the blowing of the seven trumpets.