The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

The Called are also the elect vessels of mercy, which are not only from among jews but also from among gentiles. We see this in Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Amen ! Therefore, being that God's Vessels of Mercy consist not only of Jews but also of Gentiles, together they make up one specific People called the Children of Israel; the Israel of God which was promised Salvation, the Called according to God's Purpose Rom. 8:28-30.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Together [Jews and Gentiles] they are the Chosen Sons of God, a Spiritual Nation that was predestinated to be conformed to the Image of Christ: One Head and One Body in Christ, His Church.

beloved57

The Called according to His Purpose !2

This calling is a Salvation call Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

The greek word for purpose is prothesis and means:

a setting forth, the show-bread; predetermination, purpose

Now Gods Purpose is grounded in His own predetermination, and that makes it sure, for Gods word says of His purpose Isa 14:24,27

The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand

For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

Isa 46:11

Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Inclusive in this call according to Gods purpose are fore-ordination, calling, justification and glorification, they're one inseparable unit. In other words the called here will be saved spiritually, justified and glorified, Gods purpose will do it!

Nanja

The Called according to His Purpose !2

This calling is a Salvation call Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

The greek word for purpose is prothesis and means:

a setting forth, the show-bread; predetermination, purpose

Now Gods Purpose is grounded in His own predetermination, and that makes it sure, for Gods word says of His purpose Isa 14:24,27

The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand

For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

Isa 46:11

Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Inclusive in this call according to Gods purpose are fore-ordination, calling, justification and glorification, they're one inseparable unit. In other words the called here will be saved spiritually, justified and glorified, Gods purpose will do it!

Amen Brother, perfectly stated !

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The Called !

All are called.

THE LIFE OF MAN - TO KNOW AND LOVE GOD

1 God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

2 So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."

beloved57

All are called.

THE LIFE OF MAN - TO KNOW AND LOVE GOD

1 God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

2 So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."
Did you want to discuss my post points?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Anyone who preaches to not obey God to get saved and to stay saved is going against God.

Even the Catholics that say to obey and then they do things that God says not to do.

beloved57

Anyone who preaches to not obey God to get saved and to stay saved is going against God.

Even the Catholics that say to obey and then they do things that God says not to do.
Rabbit trail. Do you want to discuss post points?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

This is the called, the chosen, those whom God saves:

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

God's Truth

Jesus says to believe and that no one is your Lord unless you obey that person:

Matthew 7:22-23

They might have cast out demons in Jesus' name and prophesied---but Jesus doesn't tell everyone to do that to be saved. Jesus tells us to REPENT OF OUR SINS to be saved. Jesus told those people that they still sinned so he never knew them.

Jesus knows those who repent of their sins. Those are the people who get saved and are loved by God.

beloved57

Jesus says to believe and that no one is your Lord unless you obey that person:

Matthew 7:22-23

They might have cast out demons in Jesus' name and prophesied---but Jesus doesn't tell everyone to do that to be saved. Jesus tells us to REPENT OF OUR SINS to be saved. Jesus told those people that they still sinned so he never knew them.

Jesus knows those who repent of their sins. Those are the people who get saved and are loved by God.

Rabbit trail I'm not interested, you have came on this thread and bullied it into a rabbit trail !

beloved57

A Holy or sanctifying call to the elect !

There's a Holy call in time to them saved by the purpose of God, and given grace in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This calling is Holy and its effectual unto them being sanctified by the Spirit of God 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word holy in 2 Tim 1:9 is the word hagios:

[40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different(distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.

Now the word sanctification in 2 Thess 2:13 is also derived from hagios as it describes the setting apart unto Faith work of the Spirit. The objects are the special beloved of the Lord 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Spirit works as to set apart our hearts, minds wills and affections to embrace the truth of the Gospel of our Salvation. So its a Holy calling for a Holy set apart people unto the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.