The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

God's Truth

I don't think we are completely in His rest yet, but part of being "in His rest" right now is that we follow Christ, just as Paul did.

Our deeds don't save us--only Christ's death can do that--but they do save us in that they are the restful path, and they keep us from doing ourselves further harm. Sin is harmful, and Jesus doesn't want us to harm ourselves through sin.

Obeying Jesus' words are full of Spirit and life; it is how Jesus lives through us; and, it is how we live through Jesus.

God's Truth

That's a nice thought that you can follow Jesus.

If you are striving to be like Jesus there is a good chance that you trying to be good enough to be saved, which means that your not.

"For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Christians do good works because they want to, not because they have to.

You really should read more scriptures before that one.

It is about the Jews resting from the works that Moses and Joshua had the people do to clean themselves, just to be able to worship God. It is about having to get circumcised, and sacrifice animals, etc. Nowhere anywhere are we told we rest from obeying.

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

God's Truth

You wont enter into His rest until you endure to the end. Your life in this world is not over, yet, friend.

you need to get rid of your false sense of security.

It is true we have to endure to the end, but if anyone has the Holy Spirit, then they have the assure of salvation. One can know they are saved now, and they can endure to be saved in the end.

God's Truth

While you are striving to be like Jesus. I have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

I am resting in the fact that I am complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Entering His Rest means Jesus cleaned you after you repented.

You then live your life pleasing him.

God's Truth

You will never be like Jesus because you were born after Adam, Romans 5:12.

You need to accept your sinner hood. Paul did, Romans 7:13-25.

We are called to trust in his work and not our own. Have you entered into HIS rest? Hebrews 4:10

Ephesians 4:23to be renewed in the spirit of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are members of one another.

Romans 7:6 But now, having died to what bound us, we have been released from the Law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Romans 13:14 Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Robert Pate

Banned
Neither one of you understands the Gospel.

Because of your lack of understanding the Gospel you think that it is all about you.

It is not about you, it is about Jesus Christ. Jesus in your name and on your behalf has ALREADY reconciled you to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You are trying to do in your flesh what God has already done in Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

I keep my position.

good day.

I understand.

There are many here who say they are saved and they might not be.

So how does one really know...

Well we know by His words.

We have to believe His words.

His words say to obey; but, His words also say that there are people saved now and in the end.

The faith only people don't show that they are saved because they say only believe; but you say you believe and obey, but you don't believe the scriptures that say we are saved now. We have to believe and trust every word of God.

Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

God's Truth

Because of your lack of understanding the Gospel you think that it is all about you.

It is not about you, it is about Jesus Christ. Jesus in your name and on your behalf has ALREADY reconciled you to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

It is not all about you?

What a lack of a defense if I ever heard one.

God's Truth

No one is reconciled until someone personally comes to God through Jesus and asks for forgiveness.

Robert Pate

Banned
I understand.

There are many here who say they are saved and they might not be.

So how does one really know...

Well we know by His words.

We have to believe His words.

His words say to obey; but, His words also say that there are people saved now and in the end.

The faith only people don't show that they are saved because they say only believe; but you say you believe and obey, but you don't believe the scriptures that say we are saved now. We have to believe and trust every word of God.

Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

You are famous for adding to the Gospel.

You just cannot believe that you are ALREADY reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You have to add something to the Gospel like your obedience.

God's Truth

Everyone believes they are in Christ and know His words.

That's why Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Our fruit or conduct won't lie.

Right, but you don't act like you know his words the times he tells us how to be saved now.

You leave the 'now' part out because the people here who claim they are saved and are not.

You also have issue with Paul because of the people here because of the terrible people here.

Don't base your beliefs on just trying to be opposite of those who are lost and don't know it.

God's Truth

We must believe AND obey Jesus. Jesus tells us how to be saved now and later.

Jesus also says not to be a hypocrite.

We have to believe and obey Jesus and not be a hypocrite.

Meshak is a hypocrite.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are the false judge not me.

another judgement.

You are in trouble with Jesus with your kind of arrogant behavior.

You bicker with everyone who dont agree with you.

Now you are starting up with me because I dont accept or agree with your claim.

I am done with you participating bickering and name calling.

good day.

God's Truth

You are famous for adding to the Gospel.
I have added nothing but explanation to the gospel.

You just cannot believe that you are ALREADY reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
I am reconciled to God and Jesus. I am reconciled because I believed and obeyed.

You have to add something to the Gospel like your obedience.

We have access/reconciliation to God by faith that is alive not dead.