Reputation power factors being reduced

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Rep power is about who you are related to, and how popular you are. If the top ten or so posters like you, or know you, they can rep you exponetially compared to the rest of us power dwarfs. Mrs. deardelmar passed me by like I was standing still. She passed me in her first month, in her first 100 posts. So length of time and number of posts were very negligible factors, compared to deardelmars own popularity and power.
So much for kidding around, now let me get serious, I know I have never mentioned this before but I am Knight's best freind, Poly's brother, SOTK's pastor, Turbo's father, and Billy Bob's bartender. And if it will help me, I am also the real Mrs, deardelmar. That other name is an imposter. Don't let that beautiful avatar, with its becoming modesty, beguile you! If you really liked everything she posted, those rep points belongs to me.
I am going on a four day camping trip with my {other} sons. I am in vacation mode. When I return I expect to see the approprite changes to my rep status. Let the repping begin in earnest, or should I say honest! :wave:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Well, that didn't work! I expected to catapault to 1000 rep points while I was on vacation. I only got four responses, and two people who can't take a joke, negged me. My rep actually went down eight points. OK, let me try the direct approach. How did Mrs deardelmar pass by so many people in 100 posts compared to thousands by others. How did she pass by 100's who have been here for years, in one month.
Neither length of time, number of posts, or "familiarity" with the top ten, does; whatever it is that she has done. Please what is her secret? How did she beat the system?

:D

erinmarie

jeremiah said:
Well, that didn't work! I expected to catapault to 1000 rep points while I was on vacation. I only got four responses, and two people who can't take a joke, negged me. My rep actually went down eight points. OK, let me try the direct approach. How did Mrs deardelmar pass by so many people in 100 posts compared to thousands by others. How did she pass by 100's who have been here for years, in one month.
Neither length of time, number of posts, or "familiarity" with the top ten, does; whatever it is that she has done. Please what is her secret? How did she beat the system?

:D

I'm trying to figure out how to answer your questions....But I just don't understand what you want to know. There are a lot of people on this site, why would you single out Mrs. to "pick" on? I'm sure there's lots of other people with a similiar number of rep points.

Maybe she just says something pleasant in every post that makes someone want to give her positive reps? Is that what you want to know? I positive repped her once after a conversation about my pregnancy... But I've never read any post of yours that I thought was particularly rep worthy.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Because she's very, very nice. And because DearDelmar's bigger than I am, and I don't want him to beat me up. :eek:

Oh Ok, I am very nice too! and I am 6'2 and 210 lbs. Am I bigger than you as well? If so............

Justin (Wiccan)

jeremiah said:
Oh Ok, I am very nice too! and I am 6'2 and 210 lbs. Am I bigger than you as well? If so............

But MrsDearDelmar's female, and I always respect the ladies.

And I'm 6'5 and 205, so I don't actually know if DD's bigger than I am. But he's got that Superman icon, and I'm fresh out of kryptonite....

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
erinmarie said:
I'm trying to figure out how to answer your questions....But I just don't understand what you want to know. There are a lot of people on this site, why would you single out Mrs. to "pick" on? I'm sure there's lots of other people with a similiar number of rep points.

Maybe she just says something pleasant in every post that makes someone want to give her positive reps? Is that what you want to know? I positive repped her once after a conversation about my pregnancy... But I've never read any post of yours that I thought was particularly rep worthy.

Ouch! I have not read anything by her that is nothing but nice and pleasent either, I am not picking on her, I am simply trying to figure out how she does it. I am actually complementing her. In fewer posts and less time she has passed many. Per post, and shortness of time, she is the top rep- getter, according to my observations. Yet I have never read anything by her that I found rep worthy. I even pos-repped Granite once, and he, and I, do not really see eye to eye.
I thought I knew the answer, but those four days of being Knight's best friend and Poly's brother, etc. proved me wrong. Perhaps you are right she is simply nice and I need to be much nicer!

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Justin (Wiccan) said:
But MrsDearDelmar's female, and I always respect the ladies.

And I'm 6'5 and 205, so I don't actually know if DD's bigger than I am. But he's got that Superman icon, and I'm fresh out of kryptonite....

For being 6' 5" and in better shape than me I will now rep you, instead.

P.S. But apparently, it won't let me do that now, until I spread around some more rep, hmm, maybe that's how she gets it?

erinmarie

jeremiah said:
Ouch! I have not read anything by her that is nothing but nice and pleasent either, I am not picking on her, I am simply trying to figure out how she does it. I am actually complementing her. In fewer posts and less time she has passed many. Per post, and shortness of time, she is the top rep- getter, according to my observations. Yet I have never read anything by her that I found rep worthy. I even pos-repped Granite once, and he, and I, do not really see eye to eye.
I thought I knew the answer, but those four days of being Knight's best friend and Poly's brother, etc. proved me wrong. Perhaps you are right she is simply nice and I need to be much nicer!

:thumb: Okay. And just to make sure I wasn't being too rough on you, I'll go back and read some of your posts, just to verify that you are unrep worthy! ;)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
Rep power is about who you are related to, and how popular you are. If the top ten or so posters like you, or know you, they can rep you exponetially compared to the rest of us power dwarfs. Mrs. deardelmar passed me by like I was standing still. She passed me in her first month, in her first 100 posts. So length of time and number of posts were very negligible factors, compared to deardelmars own popularity and power.
So much for kidding around, now let me get serious, I know I have never mentioned this before but I am Knight's best freind, Poly's brother, SOTK's pastor, Turbo's father, and Billy Bob's bartender. And if it will help me, I am also the real Mrs, deardelmar. That other name is an imposter. Don't let that beautiful avatar, with its becoming modesty, beguile you! If you really liked everything she posted, those rep points belongs to me.
I am going on a four day camping trip with my {other} sons. I am in vacation mode. When I return I expect to see the approprite changes to my rep status. Let the repping begin in earnest, or should I say honest! :wave:

Okay, I believe most of that, but if you were BillyBob's bartender, you'd be in the top 5! So, you might be lying. Oh wait there's the whole Mrs. DD part too.

MrsDearDelmar

[ (Jeremiah) And if it will help me, I am also the real Mrs, deardelmar. That other name is an imposter. Don't let that beautiful avatar, with its becoming modesty, beguile you! If you really liked everything she posted, those rep points belongs to me.
I am going on a four day camping trip with my {other} sons. I am in vacation mode. When I return I expect to see the approprite changes to my rep status. Let the repping begin in earnest, or should I say honest! :wave:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know I had a split personality??? :) (Hey mom did you forget to tell me something?)

MrsDearDelmar

jeremiah said:
For being 6' 5" and in better shape than me I will now rep you, instead.

P.S. But apparently, it won't let me do that now, until I spread around some more rep, hmm, maybe that's how she gets it?

I have no clue??

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
deardelmar said:
Okay, I believe most of that, but if you were BillyBob's bartender, you'd be in the top 5! So, you might be lying. Oh wait there's the whole Mrs. DD part too.

No, I really am Billy Bob's bartender, it's just that people tend to look down upon pastors who "moonlight" in bars. ;) So let's just keep it between freinds!

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
gulp! I just repped Mrs Deardelmar. She must truly be beguiling, and as people have often said of me, I must truly be my own worst enemy! :hammer:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
erinmarie said:
:thumb: Okay. And just to make sure I wasn't being too rough on you, I'll go back and read some of your posts, just to verify that you are unrep worthy! ;)

There, that makes me feel much better! Double Ouch!!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
Possible reasons for MrsDelmar's positive rep

1. She started posting right after the rep system began.
2. She doesn't butt heads with those in authority. (sorry Edge)
3. She's a sweety and people like her.
4. The whole behind every good man there's a great Woman thing!
5. George wouldn't like it if you bad rep her!
6. People may have spoken to RiotGurl and know how scary Delmar is when he's angry!