The Christian's Involvement In Governement

dcon

BANNED
Banned
Neither does it mean that we aren't. What's your point? Do you believe that Christians should be doormats? We should set the standard for the world to follow. We don't want war, don't seek war; but when a war is necessary, we win. It isn't God's Nature to take sides, but He does see to it that the desires of evil men are thwarted.
It's obvious that God doesn't approve of lethal weapons. However, people are allowed to defend themselves.
Isiah 2:4
He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
Mic. 4:3
He will render judgment among many peoples And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's obvious that God doesn't approve of lethal weapons. However, people are allowed to defend themselves.
Isiah 2:4
He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
Mic. 4:3
He will render judgment among many peoples And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

What allows me to defend myself?

Aimiel

It isn't His Nature to take sides. If it were, He'd have made Israel the ruling power on earth by siding with the Israelites and taking over the Roman Empire and then the rest of the world. He doesn't come to take sides but to win hearts. It is the salvation of human souls that He is after. He is into redeeming men from sin and not being a talisman or team mascot.

Aimiel

I don't want to be seen as a push over. I just don't think my "rights" matter as much as obedience to God.
Were that true, you wouldn't own a computer, because you'd have sold it to give to the poor. Yes, your rights matter; they matter to God, too. He wants you to prosper and be in health just as much as your soul prospers from you being saved.
God values me even if others don't.
Amen.
So what do we do when others are bullies or evil or something?
Personally, turn the other cheek. God's got your back. If you say you aren't a pushover, then you'll stand up for yourself and defend your life and your family's life; if you're charitable, you'll even do so for your neighbors or your nation.
How do we engage the enemy when we are supposed to love them?
We don't seek out ways to destroy, but rather do good to those who are our enemies. Giving them over to the authorities for incarceration (or execution, as required) isn't hate. God said that police and soldiers are His Ministers acting on our behalf.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Having enemies is one thing. Being a good neighbor to all people is another. So maybe if we love everyone no one will be an enemy.
Why didn't Winston Churchill or President Roosevelt think of that?!? Wow, you've really got something there.
When it is personal is different than when there is evil that it is all it can be called. Still, what then? What if all people just wait until war is necessary and then win? That would create wars.
Yes, I agree: evil people create wars. They will continue to do so until Jesus takes over this world. Until then: we will have to make this world as safe as we can by confronting evil in it's every form.

Aimiel

If that were true, He never would have said: "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
If that were true, He never would have said: "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Consider the context and the time period.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Were that true, you wouldn't own a computer, because you'd have sold it to give to the poor.
Not necessarily. A person who uses a computer for ministry either owns it or doesn't own it. You could use a computer that you do not own, like I am doing right now.
Yes, your rights matter; they matter to God, too.
Rights may be what you are allowed when you may potentially be punished, or what you have by virtue of being alive.
He wants you to prosper and be in health just as much as your soul prospers from you being saved.
Amen.

Personally, turn the other cheek.
That is always a good idea, as Jesus instructed.
God's got your back.
Good.
If you say you aren't a pushover, then you'll stand up for yourself and defend your life and your family's life; if you're charitable, you'll even do so for your neighbors or your nation.
Okay. I may (someday) do something even if it seems there is nothing to do.
We don't seek out ways to destroy, but rather do good to those who are our enemies.
Good.
Giving them over to the authorities for incarceration (or execution, as required) isn't hate.
Interesting. I would say that is questionable.
God said that police and soldiers are His Ministers acting on our behalf.
Okay to that.
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Okay.
Why didn't Winston Churchill or President Roosevelt think of that?!?
I don't know. Maybe they did.
Wow, you've really got something there.
Hmm.
Yes, I agree: evil people create wars.
That is true. Hopefully not true.
They will continue to do so until Jesus takes over this world.
Interesting enough to approve of.
Until then: we will have to make this world as safe as we can by confronting evil in it's every form.
Interesting. I don't know what to do about your saying that, or what to do in general. How do you confront evil? In peace? Maybe so.

Aimiel

Rights may be what you are allowed when you may potentially be punished, or what you have by virtue of being alive.
Rights are given to humans for having a heartbeat. God ordained them, we just believe that defending them and making them available to everyone wherever possible is a good thing. Those who don't believe that don't deserve any rights.
I don't know what to do about your saying that, or what to do in general.
Generally: watch. We're told to watch and be on guard. Jesus said that He would be coming back in 'such an hour as you think not'.
How do you confront evil? In peace? Maybe so.
I confront evil in whatever form I find it in such manner as it's presented. I don't back down from evil-doers. Neither do I seek confrontation but always look for a peaceable solution. I also seek to bless those who curse me, but I won't stand by and allow evil when it's in my hand to put a stop to it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rights are given to humans for having a heartbeat. God ordained them, we just believe that defending them and making them available to everyone wherever possible is a good thing. Those who don't believe that don't deserve any rights.Generally: watch. We're told to watch and be on guard. Jesus said that He would be coming back in 'such an hour as you think not'.I confront evil in whatever form I find it in such manner as it's presented. I don't back down from evil-doers. Neither do I seek confrontation but always look for a peaceable solution. I also seek to bless those who curse me, but I won't stand by and allow evil when it's in my hand to put a stop to it.

Thank you for your post. I am glad that I have a heart beat. There should be rights even for humans who do not have a heart beat. Such as the unborn or someone who is experiencing some kind of distress.

It does make sense to confront evil if it is for us to confront.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When would it NOT be for us to confront?
To confront or be confrontational, maybe it is something we are called to as men or not. But if it doesn't pertain to you and you don't know what it pertains to there may be nothing that you can do. One might avoid or sidestep, perhaps deciding not to meet aggression with the same.

Aimiel

To confront or be confrontational, maybe it is something we are called to as men or not. But if it doesn't pertain to you and you don't know what it pertains to there may be nothing that you can do. One might avoid or sidestep, perhaps deciding not to meet aggression with the same.
Yeah: NO!!! I would confront evil whenever and wherever possible. I'd take a bullet to prevent a woman I don't even know from being raped. I'd stop a robbery risking my very life for a complete stranger, without even debating it in my mind. It isn't for us to step aside and let evil triumph; it's our job, nay: our duty, as Christians to step in and be the one who takes evil down from it's exalted place of false authority in this earth and put it under our feet, where it belongs.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yeah: NO!!! I would confront evil whenever and wherever possible. I'd take a bullet to prevent a woman I don't even know from being raped. I'd stop a robbery risking my very life for a complete stranger, without even debating it in my mind. It isn't for us to step aside and let evil triumph; it's our job, nay: our duty, as Christians to step in and be the one who takes evil down from it's exalted place of false authority in this earth and put it under our feet, where it belongs.

I do not think that you should step aside. But I do not know how to do the things that you are talking about doing.

Aimiel

I do not think that you should step aside. But I do not know how to do the things that you are talking about doing.
Then, should you continue in this darkened state: you're doomed to be ruled by an evil dictator and will be unable to do anything about it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then, should you continue in this darkened state: you're doomed to be ruled by an evil dictator and will be unable to do anything about it.
Should I ask you to teach me how to confront evil?

Should we do what people want?

May I one day be a ruler?