What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
So? They reject that He is God become flesh, that he died for our sins (they teach that Jesus wasn't even crucifed, that Judas Iscariot was crucified in his place), and naturally they reject his resurrection.They may try, but that won't save them. They are still sinners who need the Savior. The ones that reject Christ are.

[jesus]He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.[/jesus] John 3:18​

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 1 Corinthians 15:56

but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone [Christ]. Romans 9:31-32​

To reject Christ is to reject God.
[jesus]Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. [/jesus]John 5:45-46​

You said you've read the Bible? This is pretty basic stuff.

So, according to you, every Jew who believes in God, follows the Ten Commandments and lives a rightious life is going to hell. That is what your saying right?

So, for thousands of years, they had it right, they were Gods chosen people, they were in for life, and now, because christians say that the messiah has come and gone, and they didnt buy it for very plausible reasons, they are now going to hell. That is what your saying right?

Have you ever asked a Jew why they dont believe Jesus was the son of god? You'll get a very interesting response.

Then again, I wouldnt expect you to do that.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This goes out to all the Christians posting in this post...Do any of you actually think that this thread, that talking about what thing you hate most about someone is Christlike?

Balder asked basically the same question but I haven't seen anyone address it.

Is it wrong to rebuke someone in sin? No.
Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is misquoting the bible? No
Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is using scripture to justify sinful behavior? No.

What I think IS wrong is the way in which it is being done in this thread and many others on this forum. Like I said before, I think it is disgusting that Christians have this thread, and seem to justify it. I have heard Christians say that people get offended too easily, that may be true and I agree with that for the most part, but what is going here is indefensible. I will not and can not say that you don't truly care about beanieboy's (and others like him on this forum) salvation and whether or not he is going to hell because I have no idea what is in your heart, but I will say this: Your actions say you don't. Do you realize that you are giving NOTHING for the unsaved to look at you and want to be like you. I understand that as Christians we are not to look for man's approval, but God's, but I ask you this: Do you think God looks at this thread and others like it with approval? Do you think He is glad that you are rebuking a sinner? or do you think he is sad that the "Christians" on this site aren't showing his love and that people are using certain events in his life (calling the pharisees vipers, calling the phoneocian woman a dog) to justify their outright hatred?

Some of you may argue that Beanieboy has consistently not repented of his sin and consistently misused the bible, therefore it's justified to rebuke him so strongly, but I say it's still not. In fact, I say that what you say to beanieboy is beyond rebuke and is straightout degradation. What did Jesus tell the apostles to do if they weren't welcomed or if people didn't repent at a city or house? They were supposed to leave and shake the dust of their sandals as they left. For those who believe that threads like this are justified because you think beanieboy has not repented, I would ask you to think about this. Did Jesus tell the disciples to talk about how much they hate the people? No. They are to move on and go to the next town.

If you ignore this post I will ask one thing, Can anyone who calls themself a Christian justify this thread? I think not.

Beanieboy has confronted people about not seeing fruit of the spirit in you because of what you say to him, you generally just avoid the question by moving towards the fact that he is a homosexual and therefore is in sin and isn't a Christian and can't use scripture or try to confront you about something. Well I am a Christian and I am asking you the same thing....Do you think the fruit of the spirit are evidenced in you and your actions and your words?

and one last thing, for anyone who thinks that I approve of his homosexuality and seek to justify it I am in no way doing that. I believe homosexuality is a sin just like you all.

Kevin

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
This goes out to all the Christians posting in this post...Do any of you actually think that this thread, that talking about what thing you hate most about someone is Christlike?

Balder asked basically the same question but I haven't seen anyone address it.

Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is using scripture to justify sinful behavior? No.

What I think IS wrong is the way in which it is being done in this thread and many others on this forum. Like I said before, I think it is disgusting that Christians have this thread, and seem to justify it. I have heard Christians say that people get offended too easily, that may be true and I agree with that for the most part, but what is going here is indefensible. I will not and can not say that you don't truly care about beanieboy's (and others like him on this forum) salvation and whether or not he is going to hell because I have no idea what is in your heart, but I will say this: Your actions say you don't. Do you realize that you are giving NOTHING for the unsaved to look at you and want to be like you. I understand that as Christians we are not to look for man's approval, but God's, but I ask you this: Do you think God looks at this thread and others like it with approval? Do you think He is glad that you are rebuking a sinner? or do you think he is sad that the "Christians" on this site aren't showing his love and that people are using certain events in his life (calling the pharisees vipers, calling the phoneocian woman a dog) to justify their outright hatred?

Some of you may argue that Beanieboy has consistently not repented of his sin and consistently misused the bible, therefore it's justified to rebuke him so strongly, but I say it's still not. In fact, I say that what you say to beanieboy is beyond rebuke and is straightout degradation. What did Jesus tell the apostles to do if they weren't welcomed or if people didn't repent at a city or house? They were supposed to leave and shake the dust of their sandals as they left. For those who believe that threads like this are justified because you think beanieboy has not repented, I would ask you to think about this. Did Jesus tell the disciples to talk about how much they hate the people? No. They are to move on and go to the next town.

If you ignore this post I will ask one thing, Can anyone who calls themself a Christian justify this thread? I think not.

Beanieboy has confronted people about not seeing fruit of the spirit in you because of what you say to him, you generally just avoid the question by moving towards the fact that he is a homosexual and therefore is in sin and isn't a Christian and can't use scripture or try to confront you about something. Well I am a Christian and I am asking you the same thing....Do you think the fruit of the spirit are evidenced in you and your actions and your words?

and one last thing, for anyone who thinks that I approve of his homosexuality and seek to justify it I am in no way doing that. I believe homosexuality is a sin just like you all.

Kevin

Wow, I didnt think it possible, but, hey, that was very well writen and I would like to thank you.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:

What I think IS wrong is the way in which it is being done in this thread and many others on this forum.

Ok, I look forward to seeing how you are called to witness to beanieboy :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Ok, I look forward to seeing how you are called to witness to beanieboy :)

Nineveh,

I didn't say that I was called to specifically witness to beanieboy. Also, personally I don't think of online forums as a very conducive way to minister to someone, but I'm sure it's possible.

and was your post intended to be sarcastic? Because that's what I assumed.

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Nineveh,

I didn't say that I was called to specifically witness to beanieboy. Also, personally I don't think of online forums as a very conducive way to minister to someone, but I'm sure it's possible.

and was your post intended to be sarcastic? Because that's what I assumed.

You know what "as$-u-me" means right? :)

No, I am serious. While you seem to have judged and found fault with every person on this thread (at TOL?) who has tried to witness to beanieboy, perhaps you would edify us all as to the "proper" way. Especially on these points:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
You know what "as$-u-me" means right? :)

No, I am serious. While you seem to have judged and found fault with every person on this thread (at TOL?) who has tried to witness to beanieboy, perhaps you would edify us all as to the "proper" way. Especially on these points:

Nineveh,

I have no doubt that people did try to witness to beanieboy in ways other than what I am "finding fault" in. I apologize for not recognizing that more. Though, I feel I did address it at least a little when I said that some people may feel that threads like this are justifiable because he has continually not repented. I acknowledge that probably many people in this forum, including some that I have "judged" in this thread, have tried to witness to beanieboy in a loving and patient way and that is great(no sarcasm), BUT I take nothing back from what I said concerning this thread and other posts similar to it.

You tell me to "edify" you all by showing you the proper way to witness to beanieboy. I did not mean to come off as arrogant and like I know the perfect and Godly way to witness to people, in general and in those points. There is no singular "proper" way to witness to someone, but it shouldn't take too much to realize that threads like this are completely wrong and are not productive at all.

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
I have no doubt that people did try to witness to beanieboy in ways other than what I am "finding fault" in. I apologize for not recognizing that more. Though, I feel I did address it at least a little when I said that some people may feel that threads like this are justifiable because he has continually not repented. I acknowledge that probably many people in this forum, including some that I have "judged" in this thread, have tried to witness to beanieboy in a loving and patient way and that is great(no sarcasm), BUT I take nothing back from what I said concerning this thread and other posts similar to it.

Ok, so edify those people then.

You tell me to "edify" you all by showing you the proper way to witness to beanieboy. I did not mean to come off as arrogant and like I know the perfect and Godly way to witness to people, in general and in those points. There is no singular "proper" way to witness to someone, but it shouldn't take too much to realize that threads like this are completely wrong and are not productive at all.

I didn't think you were being arrogant, it's just that I have heard this before. If there is fault to be found and pointed out, then surely there is a better way to be shared. I appreciate you realize there is more than one way to witness :) However, no one who has made such claims has been willing to edify by showing a better way, I was hoping you were different in that regard. Usually it simply ends in judging ( with a wide brush ) Christians who are at least attempting to witness to the lost while leaving those in danger of hell unwarned.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:

I didn't think you were being arrogant, it's just that I have heard this before. If there is fault to be found and pointed out, then surely there is a better way to be shared. I appreciate you realize there is more than one way to witness :) However, no one who has made such claims has been willing to edify by showing a better way, I was hoping you were different in that regard. Usually it simply ends in judging ( with a wide brush ) Christians who are at least attempting to witness to the lost while leaving those in danger of hell unwarned.

Nineveh,

It seems like you are thinking too hard. There is no exact formula to it. Simply leave out all arrogance and self-righteousness. Give proper respect to opinions that deviate from yours. That doesn't mean to compromise your beliefs, simply do not refute the other person and their idea by throwing out insults. Don't speak in anger. It's not just with christians against non-christians, I see arrogance and a condescending attitude between christians also. Be humble enough to admit when someone has a valid point, even if it comes from someone who isn't a christian. It seems like the majority of the christians discredit everything he says, at least anything he says referring to the bible, just because he isn't a christian. I believe it is possible for a non-christian to point out something he sees in a christian that isn't christlike. People may quote the verse about removing the speck from your own eye before you try and remove specks from other people and I agree with that, but if no one confronted people about things unless they had no specks in their own eyes than nothing would get done.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you expect me to do, do you want me write a post that shows how to properly witness to beanieboy? All I can do is try to respond to his posts more often than I do now.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:

Also, maybe you shouldn't be looking to me, or anyone on this forum, to see how to witness. Look at Jesus.

Chileice

Nineveh said:
I wonder if I should quote Romans 1 yet once again to find out if you are right about beanie, Chileice. Well, perhaps this one part of the quote anyway...

"they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them"

Beanie knows that I don't approve of his behaviour. But at least he admits his behaviour... even if he doesn't see it as sin. I don't approve of the benhaviour of people who belittle and curse others. I don't think Christ does either. We all have unacceptable behaviour in our life. But why try to DEFINE yourself based on one negative behaviour that is NOT in your life. I started a thread ages ago called "So much more than "not a homo"". And what I don't understand is why you don't spend your time doing positive things in the name of Christ instead of just negatively touting the fact that you are not a homo. I agree with Romans 1 but I also agreew ith Colossians 3, Ephesians 4 & 5, Galatians 5 and a lot of other places that point out all kinds of sins to which I am subject to temptatation. As a concientious disciple of Jesus, I need to be more concerned about MY behaviour than I do about Beanie's.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
It seems like you are thinking too hard. There is no exact formula to it. Simply leave out all arrogance and self-righteousness.

Could you please point out a Christian's witness that you believe is "arrogant and self righteous"? And please provide an example of how you might address the same reply.

Give proper respect to opinions that deviate from yours.

To what level of blasphemy should I respect?

That doesn't mean to compromise your beliefs, simply do not refute the other person and their idea by throwing out insults.

Please point out something you feel is merely a "thrown out insult". And please provide an example of how you would have adressed the same reply.

Don't speak in anger.

Please point out something you feel is "angry". And again, please share with me how you would have addressed the same reply.

It's not just with christians against non-christians, I see arrogance and a condescending attitude between christians also. Be humble enough to admit when someone has a valid point, even if it comes from someone who isn't a christian.

I will again ask you to provide an example and share with me how you would address it.

It seems like the majority of the christians discredit everything he says, at least anything he says referring to the bible, just because he isn't a christian.

Like I have tried to explain before, bean isn't as new here as some apparently feel he is. There are some who have "shaken the dust off", so to speak. About the only thing they reply to him about lately is his misuse of Scriptures.

I believe it is possible for a non-christian to point out something he sees in a christian that isn't christlike.

Sure, Justin the wiccan can point things out too, and so could satan, but that doesn't make their judgement or use of God's Word automatically correct. If someone doesn't know Christ, how do they know what is Christlike?

People may quote the verse about removing the speck from your own eye before you try and remove specks from other people and I agree with that, but if no one confronted people about things unless they had no specks in their own eyes than nothing would get done.

Let's look at that verse:

Hypocrite! First take the log out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

I wonder why so many feel it is imposible to do as Christ instructs, don't be a hypocrite.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you expect me to do, do you want me write a post that shows how to properly witness to beanieboy? All I can do is try to respond to his posts more often than I do now.

You gave a list of 3:

That gives a good place to start :)

Some background, and if I should mess any of this up, I am sure to be corrected :)

bean is an unrepentant buddhist homosexual in his mid-late 40s. He believes homosexuality is not a sin and his good works will be enough to earn favor in the afterlife.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Also, maybe you shouldn't be looking to me, or anyone on this forum, to see how to witness. Look at Jesus.

Well, when I have relied on God's word when witnessing, it seems you have found fault. I would greatly appriciate some edification on the matter.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Chileice said:
Beanie knows that I don't approve of his behaviour. But at least he admits his behaviour... even if he doesn't see it as sin. I don't approve of the benhaviour of people who belittle and curse others. I don't think Christ does either. We all have unacceptable behaviour in our life. But why try to DEFINE yourself based on one negative behaviour that is NOT in your life. I started a thread ages ago called "So much more than "not a homo"". And what I don't understand is why you don't spend your time doing positive things in the name of Christ instead of just negatively touting the fact that you are not a homo. I agree with Romans 1 but I also agreew ith Colossians 3, Ephesians 4 & 5, Galatians 5 and a lot of other places that point out all kinds of sins to which I am subject to temptatation. As a concientious disciple of Jesus, I need to be more concerned about MY behaviour than I do about Beanie's.

Um, chille, you said "Maybe Beanie is closer to the kingdom than many give him credit for. Only the Spirit knows for sure."

What "spirit" keeps a man in homosexuality? The Holy Spirit of the God who abhores homosexuality? You are offering this unrepentant person false hope. As long as he remains in his rebellion, what will his inheritance be?

C

cattyfan

Nineveh said:
Um, chille, you said "Maybe Beanie is closer to the kingdom than many give him credit for. Only the Spirit knows for sure."

What "spirit" keeps a man in homosexuality? The Holy Spirit of the God who abhores homosexuality? You are offering this unrepentant person false hope. As long as he remains in his rebellion, what will his inheritance be?

additionally, he rejects God as the One True Lord. The Holy Spirit isn't likely to give that the 'ole stamp of approval, either.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
cattyfan said:
additionally, he rejects God as the One True Lord. The Holy Spirit isn't likely to give that the 'ole stamp of approval, either.

Yeah... and then there is that rejecting part....

Status
Not open for further replies.