Are You Legally Saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I cannot give you more than one those reps. sorry.

I can give you thanks many but not pos reps.

I know you like pos reps better than thanks rep.

peace:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't know how those neg reppers can give so many neg reps continuously one after another.

I have to give to someone else before giving to you again.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
GT,

You will know what I am talking about if you give someone pos reps and thank your rep to the same person.

You can give thanks as many as you like to same person, but it does not work that way with pos reps.

john w

Hall of Fame
He is not here now. He is in heaven at the right hand of God mediating his righteousness and his atonement for our sins, Hebrews 7:25.

Wow, Pate. We did not know that. Nice change the subject. You argued:
The reason that Jesus is not present on this earth is because of sin. He is here only in the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Slower:The Lord Jesus Christ did live on earth, in the midst of sin/sinners, did He not? Rhetorical q.

Sit, Pate. You are dangerous, and hurt the cause of Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nailed to the cross was the charge sheet of the one crucified. E.g. "King of the Jews". But in Christ's case, nailed to His cross were "All the sins of the world". Remember how the Jews argued with Pilot over what should be placed on the sign on Christ's cross. THAT is what Col 2:14 means by "handwriting of ordinances"...
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

"Handwriting of ordinances" has nothing to do with the 10C or OT law which Paul speaks about, in Rom 7:12 as
"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good".

Why would God do away with something which is "holy, just and good?"
Again, the law is lousy at saving, but excellent at telling us why we need saving.
Folks mistake it being useless at saving as being just plain useless.

Ephesians 2:15 refers to the same charge sheet nailed to the cross.

Rom 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Suppose a cop pulls you over for speeding, and you WERE doing 35mph over the limit.
But the cop is in a good mood and lets you off with a warning (you are under grace now).
But you Robert Pate take off, wheels smoking, and flaunt that grace, leaving the cop in your rubber smoke as you go back to 35 over the speed limit.
So he takes off after you and now gives you two tickets. This analogy is no different to what Romans is saying.

Being under grace means Christ paid for your sins. But this does not give you leave to DELIBERATELY go and sin because you have a "get out of jail" card (that's a Monopoly analogy).

That is what I/others, have been showing him, in countless threads, on the same subject, for the last 2 months-the devil has ahold of him.

iouae

That is what I/others, have been showing him, in countless threads, on the same subject, for the last 2 months-the devil has ahold of him.

Thanks a lot for telling me, that this has been explained before so I know it's a lost cause.

Zeke

[genuineoriginal;5199346]You are taking a part of a sentence out of context in order to support an idea that Paul would never agree with.

Here is the context:

Ephesians 2:11-18
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:​

Acts 17:27-28, Romans 3:29,​

Robert Pate

Banned
Nailed to the cross was the charge sheet of the one crucified. E.g. "King of the Jews". But in Christ's case, nailed to His cross were "All the sins of the world". Remember how the Jews argued with Pilot over what should be placed on the sign on Christ's cross. THAT is what Col 2:14 means by "handwriting of ordinances"...
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

"Handwriting of ordinances" has nothing to do with the 10C or OT law which Paul speaks about, in Rom 7:12 as
"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good".

Why would God do away with something which is "holy, just and good?"
Again, the law is lousy at saving, but excellent at telling us why we need saving.
Folks mistake it being useless at saving as being just plain useless.

Ephesians 2:15 refers to the same charge sheet nailed to the cross.

Rom 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Suppose a cop pulls you over for speeding, and you WERE doing 35mph over the limit.
But the cop is in a good mood and lets you off with a warning (you are under grace now).
But you Robert Pate take off, wheels smoking, and flaunt that grace, leaving the cop in your rubber smoke as you go back to 35 over the speed limit.
So he takes off after you and now gives you two tickets. This analogy is no different to what Romans is saying.

Being under grace means Christ paid for your sins. But this does not give you leave to DELIBERATELY go and sin because you have a "get out of jail" card (that's a Monopoly analogy).

You and John W will never convince me of anything without scripture.

You have no scripture that says Christians are still under the law and subject to it. The law has either been abolished or you are under it. To be under it is to be under condemnation.

What the scripture does say is that if you are under it you are under a curse, Galatians 3:10. So answer this are you under the law? There is only two places you can be, under it or free from it. If you are free from it, It is because it has been abolished as shown in Colossians 2:14.

Robert Pate

Banned
Wow, Pate. We did not know that. Nice change the subject. You argued:

Slower:The Lord Jesus Christ did live on earth, in the midst of sin/sinners, did He not? Rhetorical q.

Sit, Pate. You are dangerous, and hurt the cause of Christ.

You are confusing the work of the trinity.

In the New Testament the Father remains in heaven.

The Son Comes into the world to atone for the sins of the world.

The Holy Spirit (not the Son) glorifies the work of Christ and works in the life of the believer.

They are all present in each other, but their works are different.

Robert Pate

Banned
Believers have been delivered from the condemnation of the Law.

Unbelievers are still under the condemnation of the Law.

The Bible plainly teaches that the law was abolished for Christians, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

iouae

There is only two places you can be, under it or free from it. If you are free from it, It is because it has been abolished as shown in Colossians 2:14.

You miss the third alternative. We are under the law. The law condemns us because God gave it the power to do so. But the cross and the blood of Jesus has taken our guilt and declared us "not guilty, you are free to go".

Your option is this "Not guilty, you are free to go and sin some more, since there is no more law".

glorydaz

The Bible plainly teaches that the law was abolished for Christians, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14.

What is abolished for believers in those verses is the condemnation....the enmity that the law brought.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

That we are delivered from the law is speaking of it's righteous requirements We are no longer under the law for righteousness. Rom. 10:4

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.​

glorydaz

Your option is this "Not guilty, you are free to go and sin some more, since there is no more law".

That's no choice.

There is NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. Rom. 8:1

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. Rom. 10:4

iouae

That's no choice.

There is NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. Rom. 8:1

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. Rom. 10:4

If there is no more law, then lying is not a sin, neither is murder. So if there is no law, why can I not do anything now without condemnation?

God's Truth

There is a law for you. No spiritual man would ever suggest such a thing.

You say it all the time.

You just said there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. You say that as if you can do anything and won't be condemned for it.

The scripture doesn't mean you can do anything and won't be condemned.

We are in Jesus and he in us by our obeying.

glorydaz

You say it all the time.

You just said there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. You say that as if you can do anything and won't be condemned for it.

The scripture doesn't mean you can do anything and won't be condemned.

We are in Jesus and he in us by our obeying.

You don't understand spiritual things either.....as you just proved once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.