ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

Jerry Shugart

Up next, it's the smash Two News for Youse Jews Blues, right after this exciting album offer from K-Tel! Don't touch that dial!

And after that we will see both john w and musterion just ignore what James said about the imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus. That will be quite a show with both of them standing in the spotlight saying nothing!

DAN P

No, you didn't explain at length.

According to your ideas John was telling the believers that they will not even know whether or not they will be sinless when they put on a body like that of the Lord Jesus until they see Him to see if He remains sinless.

And of course you run and hide from the fact that John speaks of being made like Him as a "hope" and Paul also calls it the blessed hope.

And you run and hide from Paul's words where he said that all who call on the name of the Lord in ever place are baptized into the Body of Christ but you say that only some of the Jewish believers were baptizede into the Body.

And you still have not even addressed the fact that those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus and only the members of the Body were waiting for that appearance. James wrote the following:

"You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near" (James 5:8).​

The Greek word translated "is near" at James 5:8 is eggizo and in this verse that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).

In an article found on the "Pre-Trib Research Center" web site Dr. Renald E. Showers writes:

"In light of James' statements C. Leslie Mitton wrote, 'James clearly believed, as others of his time did, that the coming of Christ was imminent.' On the basis of James' statements we can conclude that Christ's coming was imminent in New Testament times and continues to be so today, and that this fact should make a difference in the way Christians live" [emphasis added] (Showers, The Imminent Coming of Christ).​

When Paul Sadler was the President of the Berean Bible Society he wrote the following:

"The 'secret' resurrection that will take place at the Rapture should never be confused with the 'first' resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ. Those who rightly divide the Word of truth now see that only the members of the Body of Christ will be raised at the Rapture" [emphasis mine] (Sadler, Exploring the Unsearchable Riches of Christ [Stephens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1993], 167).​

When are you ever going to address these facts?

You don't even try to dance around them because you just ignore them in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer to what James says about the imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus.

Hi Jerry and this is why you may be right , ARE YOU ?

The Greek word DRAWETH NIGH / EGGIZO and say it means IMMINENT , because that Greek word is in the PREFECT TENSE , so what does that mean ??

James 5:8 , when written lets all Jews know that the Second Coming is coming !!

Jerry , that verse was written almost 2000 years AGO , so Jerry , how IMMINENT is that . since the Present tense means CONTINJUOUS ACTION and 2000 years and counting !!

But then another 7 years added after the DEPARTURE OF THE B O C !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
No, you didn't explain at length.

Yes, I did, kid, but due to 1 Corinthians 3:2 KJV, Hebrews 5:12 KJV, the meat is too much for you, as you are unable to bear it. Kid-stay with the milk, as you choke on meat.

Here you go....sip slowly...

Aqua_Sippy_Cup-X3_grande.jpg

According to your ideas....
Another one of his humanism cliches....

Jer...You know you get cranky, when you are away from your Acts 2 playmates, at...

sa1334.jpg

....and get hurt, when you play with us bigger, older, higher grade students, in our arena.

Stay in your own play zone, kid.

No charge, on that advice.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

The Greek word DRAWETH NIGH / EGGIZO and say it means IMMINENT , because that Greek word is in the PREFECT TENSE , so what does that mean ??

Please tell me what it means and what point you are trying to make.

Are you saying that the Greek experts are wrong and it really doesn't mean imminent?

Jerry Shugart

James 5:8 , when written lets all Jews know that the Second Coming is coming !!

No, the second coming of the Lord Jesus cannot be described as being "imminent" because if something is imminent it can happen at any time. But the second coming cannot happen at any time because before it can happen certain things must precede it, such as the setting up of the abomination of desolation in the holy place (Mt.24:15).

Jerry Shugart

Jer...You know you get cranky, when you are away from your Acts 2 playmates, at...

No, my beliefs about the Hebrew epistles are the same as the giants of Mid-Acts dispensationalists, Sir Robert Anderson and J.C. O'Hair.

Your beliefs about the Hebrew epistles match those of the Acts 28 crowd. You are nothing but a Bullingerite posing as MAD.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, my beliefs about the Hebrew epistles are the same as the giants of Mid-Acts dispensationalists, Sir Robert Anderson and J.C. O'Hair.

Your beliefs about the Hebrew epistles match those of the Acts 28 crowd. You are nothing but a Bullingerite posing as MAD.

No, kid, you get cranky when you are away from your Acts 2 kindergarten playmates, and your stomach gets upset, when we higher grade mature members of the boc feed you a little meat, but you cannot bear it, and you choke, spit it up, on your bunny shirt. Stay in your Acts 2 zone, kid, as you are not in our league.

You are nothing but a Bullingerite posing as MAD.

Ding, ding, ding!!!!! The kid just broke his own record, as he just spammed that word-for-word debate ender, kid stuff tantrum, for the 100th time in a 4 month period!!!!!!

Good job, kid!

john w

Hall of Fame

Oh, yes...part of his "Trifecta"-"We see that Sir Robert Anderson, J.C. O'Hair.............................................................."

Give us another, "It is clear/evident....Absurd!!!.....Laughgable!!!Why should I believe you, instead of Paul, Sir Robert Anderson, A Greek lexicon?....................."?

Please?

Jerry Shugart

Oh, yes...part of his "Trifecta"-"We see that Sir Robert Anderson, J.C. O'Hair.............................................................."

Also Cornelius Stam. Anderson, O'Hair and Cornelius Stam all believed that the Twelve are in the Body of Christ.

But you with your itching ears run off after Bullinger of Acts 28 fame. It won't be long until you will be full-fledged Acts 28 because you are half way there now.

Now I will ask you to address the following about what James wrote here:

"You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near" (James 5:8).​

The Greek word translated "is near" at James 5:8 is eggizo and in this verse that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).

In an article found on the "Pre-Trib Research Center" web site Dr. Renald E. Showers writes:

"In light of James' statements C. Leslie Mitton wrote, 'James clearly believed, as others of his time did, that the coming of Christ was imminent.' On the basis of James' statements we can conclude that Christ's coming was imminent in New Testament times and continues to be so today, and that this fact should make a difference in the way Christians live" [emphasis added] (Showers, The Imminent Coming of Christ).​

When Paul Sadler was the President of the Berean Bible Society he wrote the following:

"The 'secret' resurrection that will take place at the Rapture should never be confused with the 'first' resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ. Those who rightly divide the Word of truth now see that only the members of the Body of Christ will be raised at the Rapture" [emphasis mine] (Sadler, Exploring the Unsearchable Riches of Christ [Stephens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1993], 167).​

Those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for the imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ so they were members of the Body of Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
Also Cornelius Stam. Anderson, O'Hair and Cornelius Stam all believed that the Twelve are in the Body of Christ.

But you with your itching ears run off after Bullinger of Acts 28 fame. It won't be long until you will be full-fledged Acts 28 because you are half way there now.

Now I will ask you to address the following about what James wrote here:

Those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for the imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ so they were members of the Body of Christ.

We see, we read, that Jerry is getting cranky.....Why are you trying to eat meat? You actually are saying that you can eat meat? That is laughable. Absurd! It is evident that Sir Dr. Bombay disagrees with you. Why should we believe you, instead of God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, Peter, Paul, or "Peter, Paul, and Mary?"? Why are you attacking the messenger, assassinating me? You are such a melt, Jer! "The Modern English"/Slang, for "idiot."

How did I do, kid?

Last edited:

DAN P

Are you saying that the Greek experts are wrong and it really doesn't mean imminent?

Hi Jerry , if you believe it is IMMINENT , why 2000 year wait , PLUS another 7 years after the B O C is taken away !!

Explain IMMINENT ??

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame

Why should we believe you, and these Geek/Greek experts, rather than the LORD God?Absurd!

I just out Jerried you. Fun!

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry , if you believe it is IMMINENT , why 2000 year wait , PLUS another 7 years after the B O C is taken away !!

Explain IMMINENT ??

"The Biblical term 'at hand' or 'near' is never a positive affirmation that the person or thing said to be at hand will immediately appear, but only that that person or thing has the quality of imminency." (The Scofield Study Bible; King James Version [New York: Oxford University Press, 2003], 1240).​

The word "imminent" means "ready to take place." When the Lord Jesus announced that the earthly kingdom was at hand it was ready to take place and all that was needed was for the nation of Israel to accept the Lord Jesus as their promised Messiah and the kingdom would have been ushered in.

When the nation did not believe that kingdom was postponed and the kingdom will not be at hand again until the Lord Jesus returns to the earth (Lk.21:27-31).

However, the imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus has not been postponed and it can still happen at any moment.

That imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus cannot be referring to the Lord Jesus' return to the earth as described in the 24th chapter of Matthew because before the Lord Jesus can return then certain things must take place first, such as the setting up of the abomination of desolation in the holy place (Mt.24:15). In other words, the return of the Lord Jesus to the earth cannot be described as being imminent because it cannot happen at any moment. It will not be in place to be ushered in until certain things happen first.

Jerry Shugart

I just out Jerried you. Fun!

Do you have any comments concerning the fact that those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus?

Show me that you can actually out Jerry me and tell us why we should believe that that those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for the Lord's appearance when He returns to the earth and not at the rapture.

Fun and more fun!