BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE

chair

As it is written,
“BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE,
AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED
[put to shame] .” - Romans 9:33 [Isaiah 28:16]

"in him" appears in Romans, but not in Isaiah.

beameup

"in him" appears in Romans, but not in Isaiah.
Anyone who believes will not be disappointed.
Those who don't will be offended and stumble over the rock.
PS: Was their a "rock" associated with the Exodus and Mt. Sinai?
I suppose a descendent of Levi would know of such things.

The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This is the YHWHs doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.

Psalm 118:22-23

Last edited:

beameup

and the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
“Take the rod; and you and your brother Aaron assemble the congregation and speak to the rock before their eyes, that it may yield its water. You shall thus bring forth water for them out of the rock and let the congregation and their beasts drink.”- Numbers 20:7-8

Then Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came forth abundantly, and the congregation and their beasts drank. But YHWH said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you have not believed Me, to treat Me as HOLY in the sight of the sons of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.”- Numbers 20:11-12

Moses disobeyed YHWH by striking the ROCK twice and YHWH refers to the ROCK as HIMSELF

beameup

Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He. - Deuteronomy 32:3-4

beameup

Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a people [Gentiles] bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this STONE [speaking of Himself] shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. - Matthew 21:43-44

beameup

And Jesus beheld them [chief priests & scribes] , and said, What is this then that is written,
The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him
- Luke 20:17-19a

beameup

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and did all eat the same spiritual food; and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. - 1 Corinthians 10:1-4

beameup

The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock;
And exalted be the God of my salvation
- Psalm 18:46

The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock;
And exalted be God, the rock of my salvation
- 2 Samuel 22:47

beameup

Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. - Matthew 7:24-25

beameup

Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.

Matthew 7:26-27

Zeke

Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a people [Gentiles] bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this STONE [speaking of Himself] shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. - Matthew 21:43-44

Matt 13:34, not literal nor is it referring to an historic nation because its was also in the same parabolic drama, Psalms 78:2, the rest of that Psalm explains what the parable, dark sayings is referring to which is why Paul states what he does in Gal 4:24 that applies to 1Cor 10:1-4 same symbology concerning the spiritual truth they contain about the body of Christ which is corporal 1Cor 3:16 (no you don't) and matches the Spirit comes "in all flesh" John 1:9 not one man who was a similitude/pattern since the foundation of the world in all cultures that one can find the same Jesus story you have been deceived into thinking just manifested at the beginning of last age with Rome's help selling the west a human sacrifice when the Father judges no man John 5:22 nor does he require a sacrifice for sin Psalms 40:6.
The kingdom has always been accessible Matt 23:13 in man Acts 17:24 Luke 17:20-21, your under the spell of tradition keeping you mentally locked to the elementary principles of the teachings for children Hebrews 6:1-5, 2Cor 5:16.

daqq

Moses disobeyed YHWH by striking the ROCK twice and YHWH refers to the ROCK as HIMSELF

That is not what the scripture teaches.

Psalm 106:32-33 KJV
32 They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:
33 Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

How did Moses speak unadvisedly with his lips in the Numbers 20 passage? Moreover there are two Rocks, the Tzur and the Cela: and the shemen-oil-of-olive comes forth from the Tzur-Rock, but the honey comes forth from the Cela-Rock, (Dt 32:13). The Father is the Tzur-Foundation-Bedrock-Rock and the Son is the Cela-Rolling-Rock of the well that was shaped like a beehive, (an above-ground cistern), which followed them in the wilderness. The Cela-Rock gives forth water and honey: it is therefore the well or cistern-waterjar that was shaped like a beehive.

Spring up, O well! (Numbers 21:17).

Eretz----water-jar-bigger.jpg

http://dqhall.com/israelphotosII/stonejar.htm

beameup

Peter speaking to Israel:
“He [Jesus] is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE.
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
- Acts 4:11-12

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
That is not what the scripture teaches.
:dizzy: - :confused: - :kookoo: - :hammer:
It appears that you have stumbled over the ROCK and have fallen into the PIT. :burnlib:

Duly noted: Psalm 106:32-33, which I quoted, is "the PIT" according to you.

Have a nice thread.

:loser:

beameup

Duly noted: Psalm 106:32-33, which I quoted, is "the PIT" according to you.

The rich man also died and was buried, and in HELL, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’ :burnlib:
Luke 16:22b-24
Yet thou shalt be brought down to HELL, to the sides of the PIT. - Isaiah 14:15 KJV (speaking of Lucifer/Satan).