The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Not sure how many fallacy rules you broke with that argument but I know it is more than one. :chuckle:

12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Stuu

We can see ships in the distance. The Nikon P900 is 83x--magnification. And we are seeing ships, landscapes, and cityscapes at distances that we are not supposed to see if the earth were a globe.

I honestly never realized that the curvature of the earth, if it's a globe, is 8 inch per mile squared. At three miles that's a 6 foot drop. I grew up in Wisconsin, next to Lake Superior, and Minnesota, land of lakes and rivers. I know rivers that flow out of lakes and those lakes are level, not curved. There are rivers that flow into Lake Superior and rivers that flow out of Lake Superior. That, and a few other reasons, is why I decided to both investigate and have a debate on flat earth.

The air as it meets the water will create atmospheric conditions that become a barrier we cannot see past at great distances, even with a telescope. A telescope will also not be able to see beyond the horizon line at some point in the distance.

Some have argued that we should always be able to see the sun, moon, and land across the ocean if the earth were flat. But that would not be the correct model of flat earth. But if you think otherwise make your case.

--Dave
I think otherwise. In my city we are visited by cruise ships, and when they travel out into the open ocean they disappear from view, even through a telescope. The last part of the ship you see is the bridge right at the top. If you observe in the same way from the top of the hill, you see the same thing, although the ship is a bit further away from you before it disappears. Now I think about it, it is resonably consistent with your fact of a six foot drop every 3 miles, or 2 metres every 5 kilometres, as we say in the former British Empire.

Stuart

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I think otherwise. In my city we are visited by cruise ships, and when they travel out into the open ocean they disappear from view, even through a telescope. The last part of the ship you see is the bridge right at the top. If you observe in the same way from the top of the hill, you see the same thing, although the ship is a bit further away from you before it disappears. Now I think about it, it is resonably consistent with your fact of a six foot drop every 3 miles, or 2 metres every 5 kilometres, as we say in the former British Empire.

Stuart

Reckon you forgot the fact that the closer to the waters surface the faster it is obscured.

Originally Posted by DFT_Dave
The air as it meets the water will create atmospheric conditions that become a barrier we cannot see past at great distances, even with a telescope. A telescope will also not be able to see beyond the horizon line at some point in the distance.

Stuu

3. The horizon line always appears straight/flat and is never curved. The horizon always rises up to our eye level regardless of how high we go. The higher we go the further into the distance we see the land and water/oceans rise up before us as a flat plane would do, we never see the earth drop away from us as we would if the earth were a globe.
So then, airline routes. Is it part of the conspiracy that airlines fly 'over the top', well inside the Arctic Circle on routes between Europe and the US?

With the price of aviation fuel as it is, you will find that commercial air routes will be a good indication of the global shape of the earth.

Stuart

daqq

Tissshhh.

Love the sound of darts being quenched.:D

Post an image file of your preferred version of the flat earth map and I will try to explain why what I have said is true about it being a stretched out 2D map of a globe as viewed from above the north pole, (which is why Australia looks so out of proportion). You can even post an image with the United Nations world map also, if you like, since you and yours say that the UN is supposedly hiding "the truth" in plain sight with that map, (lol). And if not then, better yet, we do not even need to see any of that to know what it is because the latitude lines do not close up at the outer edges but instead continue to spread out to the edge of the map.

Stuu

Reckon you forgot the fact that the closer to the waters surface the faster it is obscured.
Er, wasn't that what I was saying?

Originally Posted by DFT_Dave:

'Atmospheric conditions' that form a barrier, eh?

And what is a 'horizon line'?

Are we talking at cross purposes here? Are you saying that flat earth conspiracy theory is laughable, and I am right about my observation?

Stuart

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So then, airline routes. Is it part of the conspiracy that airlines fly 'over the top', well inside the Arctic Circle on routes between Europe and the US?

With the price of aviation fuel as it is, you will find that commercial air routes will be a good indication of the global shape of the earth.

Stuart

Well, wadda ya know.

We may have a new comer not privy to all the relevant posts on the subject.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The sun, moon, stars and everything in the firmament move, but not the earth. There are documented reports of multiple ships seeing and encountering a place up there where there are 4 rivers ant the waters behaves as if it is being pumped in and then pumped back out. I'll look for the transcripts as they reported whirlpools and other dangerous elements in and around this area. This might explain verse 7 below. I have also show in other threads how the earth could be a circle SQUARED, explaining the Four Corners of the earth. I believe God tells us clearly how the earth and cosmos operate in an enclosed flat earth and cosmos.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-11 KJV -
The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Post an image file of your preferred version of the flat earth map and I will try to explain why what I have said is true about it being a stretched out 2D map of a globe as viewed from above the north pole, (which is why Australia looks so out of proportion). You can even post an image with the United Nations world map also, if you like, since you and yours say that the UN is supposedly hiding "the truth" in plain sight with that map, (lol). And if not then, better yet, we do not even need to see any of that to know what it is because the latitude lines do not close up at the outer edges but instead continue to spread out to the edge of the map.

Why post an image?

All I gotta do is walk out my front door.

Stuu

Well, wadda ya know.

We may have a new comer not privy to all the relevant posts on the subject.
Hmm, well perhaps I should give up. It's not a very interesting conspiracy theory, and it's so obviously wrong that there is no challenge in it.

What was the single most impressive argument in the past thread, if I may ask your opinion and your indulgence?

Stuart

daqq

Why post an image?

All I gotta do is walk out my front door.

You've already disallowed the physical observations of everyone else in the world by way of your own arguments against them. Only your observations are valid? Lol, of course, to you.

Stuu

This is a nice photograph, don't you think?

earthheader.jpg

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.