Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it, Hebrews 11:6.

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, that leads to life and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The wide gate and the broad way is the way of religion,"It is the way that seems right unto a man, but leads to death" Proverbs 14:12.

The strait and narrow way that leads to life is Jesus Christ and his Gospel, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

The Calvinist thinks that the way is through Calvinism and predestination. The Catholic thinks that the way is through Catholicism and the Catholic church. Organized religion thinks that the way is through religion and obedience to the law.

They are all going through the wide gate and the broad way that leads to destruction. The way is broad because there are many going that way. The Bible teaches that only a remnant are going to be saved, Romans 9:27. Few there be that find the narrow strait gate that leads to life. Why is that so? Few there be that find it because few there be that seek it.

We are called to seek Christ and his Gospel, Philippians 2:21. Do you know and understand how you are saved? Very few do. Many start out to seek the Lord, but what they found was religion. Religion is very interesting because religion is about you. The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ and how he has reconciled us and a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Religion is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel and will lead you into yourself who is a sinner. It is the broad way that leads to death.

THE STRAIT AND NARROW GATE THAT LEADS TO LIFE, WHICH IS JESUS CHRIST AND HIS GOSPEL.

All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. Jesus was not only God with us, Jesus was also God for us. This is not about religion. This is about Jesus Christ and what he did to save us. By the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus fulfilled God's Holy Law, Matthew 5:18 and then for our sake he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. It was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has entered into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God as our intercessor and mediator, Romans 8:34.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus, we can now stand before God's Holy Court as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

salvation in Jesus Christ is a free gift from God. It cannot be earned, deserved or imposed. It can only be received by faith, "But as many as received him (and his Gospel) to them gave he the power to become the children of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

glorydaz

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, that leads to life and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The strait and narrow way that leads to life is Jesus Christ and his Gospel, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

They are all going through the wide gate and the broad way that leads to destruction. The way is broad because there are many going that way. The Bible teaches that only a remnant are going to be saved, Romans 9:27. Few there be that find the narrow strait gate that leads to life. Why is that so? Few there be that find it because few there be that seek it.

I think that's talking about Israel with these verses. At least that verse in Romans 9 is talking about them.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:​

Grace, on the other hand is the "big tent", which any can access through faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think that's talking about Israel with these verses. At least that verse in Romans 9 is talking about them.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:​

Grace, on the other hand is the "big tent", which any can access through faith.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, but not everyone wants it. Instead they want to earn it by their good works or they want to be predestinated. Which means "Few there be that find it".

glorydaz

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, but not everyone wants it. Instead they want to earn it by their good works or they want to be predestinated. Which means "Few there be that find it".

Yeah, I was just pointing out your use of that verse in Romans 9. It didn't really fit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION],

Your "faith only" or "grace only" faith is the majority, so you are one of the large crowd. You are not in the narrow gate.

Jesus' way is the narrow gate. Jesus is the way, you know?

You guys are spreading false salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Robert,

Have you joined any church?

Have you seen any church that reject "grace only" or "faith alone" faith?

I have not seen any church reject those kind of faith, not even one.

I have joined many kinds of denomination.

marhig

So what about these verses then?

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 5:32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

The few there be that find it, are those ready to lay down their lives and live by the will of God and bare witness to the truth, and truly follow Jesus.

fishrovmen

How is this thread different from the one you started last June with the exact same name? They both look almost identical in content with your usual rants against "religion", "Calvinists" and "Catholics".
Haven't you learned anything about duplicated threads?

Robert Pate

Banned
[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION],

Your "faith only" or "grace only" faith is the majority, so you are one of the large crowd. You are not in the narrow gate.

Jesus' way is the narrow gate. Jesus is the way, you know?

You guys are spreading false salvation.

Jesus didn't come into the world to show us the way. He came into the world to be the way.

Robert Pate

Banned
How is this thread different from the one you started last June with the exact same name? They both look almost identical in content with your usual rants against "religion", "Calvinists" and "Catholics".

All of my threads are Gospel centered. The Gospel does not change.

Robert Pate

Banned
So what about these verses then?

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

The few there be that find it, are those ready to lay down their lives and live by the will of God and bare witness to the truth, and truly follow Jesus.

The will of the father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

We obey by believing the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit is the one that produces the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

marhig

The will of the father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

We obey by believing the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit is the one that produces the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.
But if we truly believe then we will live by the word of God, by God's will.

I can say I believe what the tutor says, but I won't pass the test until I do the work and then take the exam myself. Those who belong to Christ walk the walk and don't just talk the talk. They are doers of the word, not just hearers only, and they obey God.

We don't receive the Holy Spirit until we start to obey the living God through Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame

Correct. He keeps spamming the same subject...

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus fulfilled God's Holy Law, Matthew 5:18 and then for our sake he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. It was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14.

....on every thread.

Robert Pate

Banned
But if we truly believe then we will live by the word of God, by God's will.

I can say I believe what the tutor says, but I won't pass the test until I do the work and then take the exam myself. Those who belong to Christ walk the walk and don't just talk the talk. They are doers of the word, not just hearers only, and they obey God.

We don't receive the Holy Spirit until we start to obey the living God through Christ.

Not correct.

We receive the Holy Spirit when we first believe, Galatians 3:2.

marhig

Not correct.

We receive the Holy Spirit when we first believe, Galatians 3:2.
If we have true faith then we will live by the will of God

And right at the beginning of Galatians 3, it says o foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that you should not obey the truth

Once we know the truth, we are to obey the living God.

Status
Not open for further replies.