Gold level Subscriber Bob Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Display.exe: Posted to document the date of my invention

Hello TheologyOnline.com!

I don't know if anyone else has ever invented this, so this post may help to answer that question. Over time I'll edit this post to describe more features of Display.exe, my software invention.

POSTED December 3, 2009 (publicly disclosed on television June 2, 1998 and before).

Software Feature #1: I've written a software program that displays the code of OTHER software programs. You don't have to have the other program available, neither the source (obviously), nor even the executable code. You just run Display and it will show the source code of any other program.

Software Feature #2: 12-6-09 My program also displays the pages of published books. Every book. And you don't have to have any such book available. The program itself displays the pages of any book.

Software Feature #3: 12-7-09 My program also displays published texts, translated into other languages.

Software Feature #4: 12-8-09 Display.exe presents a universal mathematical proof demonstrating that human creativity is not infinite but finite.

Software Feature #5: 12-11-09 Display.exe will display the text on scrolls.

Software Feature #6: 12-15-09 Yes, Display.exe will display sheet music. (A TOL'er called the radio studio, and I agreed to answer this here. I apologize that we've been too busy to keep up with this thread. On Jan. 1, 2010, we'll post to TOL either a typical output page from Display, or the program's own source code, depending upon interest.)

Software Feature #7: 1-3-10 Photos & Captions: In response to Stripe who wrote, "looks like it'll produce just about anything you want it to... in text only form... " Thanks Stripe for weighing in on this. It will display not only the text of books, but also their photos (with captions), graphs, and charts.

The startling implications of Display.exe are far beyond anything the Supreme Court may rule in their current intellectual property case.

-Bob Enyart
    KGOV.com
    Battle Royale VII: Does God Exist? combatant

Display.exe Source Code

Public Class Form1
    ....Dim n As Integer
    ....Dim HistoryWritten As Boolean
    ....Dim upperbound As Integer = 10000001
    ....' Set binary array to needed length + 1
    ....Dim MBit(upperbound) As Boolean

....Sub ZeroOutArray()
    ........For n = 0 To upperbound - 1
    ............MBit(n) = 0
    ........Next
    ....End Sub

....Sub Count()
    ........n = 0
    ........Do
    ............If MBit(0) = False Then
    ................MBit(0) = True
    ................For n = 0 To 100000
    ................Next
    ................DisplayArray()
    ............Else : HistoryWritten = True
    ................For n = 0 To upperbound - 1
    ....................If MBit(n) = False Then
    ........................HistoryWritten = False
    ....................End If
    ................Next
    ................If HistoryWritten = False Then
    ....................n = 0
    ....................MBit(n) = False
    ....................Label1.Visible = False
    ....................Do While MBit(n + 1) = True
    ........................n = n + 1
    ........................MBit(n) = False
    ....................Loop
    ....................MBit(n + 1) = True
    ....................n = n + 1
    ....................DisplayArray()
    ................End If
    ............End If
    ........Loop Until n = upperbound
    ....End Sub
    ....' History dump... world, that is.
    End Class

To see this program run, go to kgov.com/Display.exe and click on Auto. Also, just click to download a Windows-executable version of Display.exe. In this "lite" version "upperbound" is reduced from its value of 10000001 down to only 101 and the size of the pixels is exaggerated. Display lite helps the user understand the method that the full program uses to demonstrate universally that human creativity is not infinite but finite.

Here's a sample output page from Display.exe. By the way, the program doesn't have to start from the beginning, but it could start from any point, for example, the user could begin with this image and have the program run forward to the see the next images. Or, it could run backward. Either way.

Updates, from posts below, to:
    Granite: If I am not being honest, I will quit my daily radio show of 18 years running (now 24) on the most powerful U.S. Christian station.
    csuguy: The source code is displayed in the program's native code, whether Lucid, C++, BASIC, Turbo Pascal, Java, PHP, Assembly, etc.
    AMR: Over the years we've used Patton Boggs (Clinton's lawyers) for patent work. Your cost estimates of course are for after the USPTO reject your original application.
    noguru: my software displays the source code for ANY program, written in any language, whether no longer available, proprietary, etc. I doubt there's another such program.
    fool: fool, where could TOLers look to authenticate your challenge?
    AMR: There's no cat in 'the bag' AMR, but Display can show you the cat in the hat
    kmoney: "I don't think it's possible. This is some joke..." No joke. I've written the program, and yes, it makes a point.
    MR & aa: To assuranceagent (see also entire post)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Enyart View Post
    Regarding MR's comment about Display.exe being perhaps a metaphor for open theism, the program is not a metaphor but a mathematical proof. But to the extent that philosophers or theologians could use it as an argument, assuranceagent has a point... An open theist... asked: "If by appearances, Display.exe will be more readily used as an argument for those who promote a settled future (as opposed to an open future), then why promote it?" I answered, because it is true. And acknowledging truth, regardless of how it cuts, brings us closer to the one who is Truth. -Bob
    Last edited by Bob Enyart; April 22nd, 2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Posted 1998 date. Linked to kgov.com/display.exe to see the program run.
    The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Careful with that - Software Developers won't like their stuff being reverse engineered so easily

What language do you have the source code displayed in?
    If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just getting ready to file for a patent doing the exact same thing.

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,789 Times in 4,752 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find your theories intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

csuguy: What language do you have the source code displayed in?

Thanks for asking csug. It displays the code in it's own native language. That is, whatever programming language the code was written in, it will display that program in that native language. Lucid, C++, BASIC, Turbo Pascal, Assembly, etc. However, the program also displays the source code in machine language, and where possible, converted into other programming languages.

-Bob

p.s. Somebody emailed me and asked what the joke was. It's no joke. I wrote this program in 2001, and it works.
    The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,789 Times in 4,752 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p.s. Somebody emailed me and asked what the joke was. It's no joke. I wrote this program in 2001, and it works.
    Have you tried it on itself?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,849 Times in 2,476 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could loan it to chrysostom. He is in desperate need.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 904 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now that you have made a public disclosure, you have one year to file for the patent. You are also now automatically barred from obtaining a patent in Europe.

Moreover, you will have to demonstrate that the private disclosure made several years ago was done under a stipulation of confidentiality. This will no doubt be challenged should you obtain a patent from the USPTO and attempt to assert it against potential infringers.

My advice: contact an intellectual property attorney as soon as possible and stop making any further comments about your invention, esp. related to the enablement of the same. You will be expected to disclose all the comments made herein as part of your patent application.

Expect to pay somewhere between $8K - $15K for prosecution (the effort an attorney expends dealing with the USPTO) of your patent application.

AMR
    Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; December 4th, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the 20+ links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

South Florida (a town that once catered to wealthy horse owners)
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been software out there that does the same thing for various languages for many years. I am not sure if there is a program that does that for the languages Bob mentioned.
    Militant Moderate

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Software Feature #2: 12-6-09 My program also displays the pages of published books. Every book. And you don't have to have any such book available. The program itself displays the pages of any book.

-Bob Enyart

p.s. Btw, the startling implications of Display.exe are far beyond anything the Supreme Court may rule in their current intellectual property case.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Bob Enyart

p.s. Btw, the startling implications of Display.exe are far beyond anything the Supreme Court may rule in their current intellectual property case.
    I find all of this highly questionable...
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My pledge to Granite

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    I find all of this highly questionable...
    Granite, I make a pledge to you. If I am not being honest about the features of my program, I will quit my radio show.

-Bob Enyart
    KGOV.com (at Denver's 50,000-watt AM 670 KLTT)
    18-year veteran of daily talk radio

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you've already made some stupendous claims the likes of which I'm sure Google for one would be very interested in. If you single-handedly beat them to the punch, congratulations.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Bob Enyart
    What's the text on page 1 of My Sledding Adventure by Maxwell Smith?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will this software connect passages in the Bible so we can understand them?
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Thread Information