How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

God's Truth

What nonsense are you preaching now, gt.

Let me see if I can follow your train of thought gt:

- They hardened their own hearts,

God cut them off and then He hardened them so that they could not hear Jesus and then repent and be saved.

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."

I know you can read, but are you blind?

God's Truth

- they were rejected by God (as you say God cut off and hardened some Jews HE DID NOT ACCEPT)
[meaning there is no hope for them at all anymore for they have been rejected by God already even BEFORE Jesus was crucified],
- they would not accept Jesus,
- they would murder Him,
and then
- after all their rejecting and being rejected by God already (even before Jesus was crucified), THEY COULD get grafted back in again after Jesus was crucified?

Acts 2:36“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

God's Truth

Romans 11:17
Now if some branches have been broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others to share in the nourishment of the olive root,

Romans 11:24
For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

God's Truth

Paul says to the Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

God's Truth

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

That is about when Jesus is crucified.

lifeisgood

God cut them off and then He hardened them so that they could not hear Jesus and then repent and be saved.

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."

Yes, God gave ISRAEL a spirit of stupor so that WE GENTILES can be grafted in. If God did not do that you would not be able to be saved right now, would we? No, we would not. God is a merciful God, gt. Israel is simply sleeping so that we can be grafted in. When God takes away Israel's spirit of stupor, all Israel will be saved. PTL! Now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation

I know you can read, but are you blind?

This is what you, gt, said:
God was making a new covenant and the scriptures say plainly that God cut off and hardened some Jews He did not accept. When Jesus was crucified, then they [the ones who were ALREADY REJECTED and CUT OFF; therefore, without hope of salvation at all????] could be grafted back in.
emphasis lifeisgood

Yes, I do know how to read. You, on the other hand, have a problem with what you yourself write.

God will not GRAFT in those HE HAS ALREADY REJECTED and CUT OFF (and no, Israel has NOT been rejected and cut off; given a spirit of stupor? Yes. Rejected? No).
Did God graft the Pharaoh back in AFTER being REJECTED and CUT OFF? No.

Now, on the other hand, God HAS NOT rejected His people Israel (put them aside? Yes. Rejected? No. Given them a spirit of stupor? Yes. Rejected? No). They will be grated in again. Why? Because in spite of everything they still somehow believe in God (incorrectly, but they still believe; they have not totally rejected God) and God has NOT REJECTED and CUT OFF His people for the calling and gifts of God are without repentance).

Romans 11:24 - For if thou were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches [Israel], be grafted into their own olive tree?

You, gt, have so much truth to share, HOWEVER, your MIXTURE does nothing but to bring CONFUSION; therefore, DEFEATING your own purpose.

If only you, gt, would keep things separate. Israel = Israel; gentiles = non-Jews; Jews and gentiles = BOC; etc. You would be more valuable in sharing God's Truth.

You, gt, have a tendency of making soup and talking about the soup instead of talking about the ingredients that make the soup. Yes, I know it will go a million miles over your head.

lifeisgood

Acts 2:36“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Hopeful verses. Beautiful verses. Truthful verses.

lifeisgood

Romans 11:17
Now if some branches have been broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others to share in the nourishment of the olive root,

Romans 11:24
For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Awesome verses. PTL!

lifeisgood

Paul says to the Jews first then Gentiles.

Spoiler
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Yes, God gave Israel a spirit of stupor so that we can be grafted in.

God's Truth

What nonsense are you preaching now, gt.

Let me see if I can follow your train of thought gt:

- They hardened their own hearts,
- they were rejected by God (as you say God cut off and hardened some Jews HE DID NOT ACCEPT)
[meaning there is no hope for them at all anymore for they have been rejected by God already even BEFORE Jesus was crucified],
- they would not accept Jesus,
- they would murder Him,
and then
- after all their rejecting and being rejected by God already (even before Jesus was crucified), THEY COULD get grafted back in again after Jesus was crucified?

Did you forget that you said this falseness and that I gave you all those scriptures because you said this falseness?

God's Truth

Yes, God gave ISRAEL a spirit of stupor so that WE GENTILES can be grafted in. If God did not do that you would not be able to be saved right now, would we? No, we would not. God is a merciful God, gt. Israel is simply sleeping so that we can be grafted in. When God takes away Israel's spirit of stupor, all Israel will be saved. PTL! Now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Not so fast. God gave them a spirit of stupor because HE DID NOT ACCEPT THEM, but under the old law conditions they were children of God.

God did not give them a spirit of stupor forever. He gave them that spirit ONLY WHILE Jesus was on earth.

God bound ALL to disobedience. God bound all to condemnation, so that He could have mercy on all. You are wrong about Israel sleeping just so we can be grafted in. That is done. All now have to get grafted in before Jesus comes again, or it is too late. Jesus comes as a thief in the night. We all have to be saved now, Jews and Gentile, and everyone else.

God's Truth

Yes, I do know how to read. You, on the other hand, have a problem with what you yourself write.

God will not GRAFT in those HE HAS ALREADY REJECTED and CUT OFF

Then you don't know how to read because the scriptures says they repented and were grafted back in...just as Paul says.

God's Truth

Did God graft the Pharaoh back in AFTER being REJECTED and CUT OFF? No.
Now you are comparing things that you should not.
Now, on the other hand, God HAS NOT rejected His people Israel (put them aside? Yes. Rejected? No. Given them a spirit of stupor? Yes. Rejected? No). They will be grated in again.

I gave you scriptures where they were grafted in.

Why? Because in spite of everything they still somehow believe in God (incorrectly, but they still believe;

No. They have to believe in God correctly.

they have not totally rejected God) and God has NOT REJECTED and CUT OFF His people for the calling and gifts of God are without repentance).
Why did you add the 'without repentance'?
You added to God's Word. I hope that you repent for doing that.

You, gt, have so much truth to share, HOWEVER, your MIXTURE does nothing but to bring CONFUSION; therefore, DEFEATING your own purpose.

I have something different to share with you, something different than what you have studied. Try to hear what I am saying and maybe you sill see that it is not confusing. Jesus says to consider carefully what you hear and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

If only you, gt, would keep things separate. Israel = Israel; gentiles = non-Jews; Jews and gentiles = BOC; etc. You would be more valuable in sharing God's Truth.
There is no more separate. Jesus destroyed that dividing wall.

You, gt, have a tendency of making soup and talking about the soup instead of talking about the ingredients that make the soup. Yes, I know it will go a million miles over your head.

You are wrong. I can tell a person how to get saved, and what the scriptures mean. However, you have to be the one to do it and get that wisdom for yourself. Just don't deny what the scriptures do say.

lifeisgood

...not all were given a spirit of stupor.

The point is Jesus came for those who were already saved and belonging to God.

There is a remnant saved.

I do not belive I said ALL of Israel was given a spirit of stupor. That is your comprehension at work.

No, Jesus came exclusively for the LOST SHEEP OF THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL. Again, that is your comprehension at work.

Sorry gt, if the remnant was already saved why would Jesus have had to come down here to die to save said remnant to graft what was already grafted in.

Last edited: