ECT Gods 10 commandments

DansingWall

The reason i ask is that the "many" Christians believe Jesus came along and started a new religion. I believe He simply fulfilled the old.

DansingWall

Then why ask?

Psalm 94:12-16 (KJV)
12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

Id like to be that "who"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalm 94:12-16 (KJV)
12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

Id like to be that "who"
How long do you think it will be before you achieve that?

DansingWall

How long do you think it will be before you achieve that?

Well, who are the workers of iniquity according to the Word

PSALM 94 [11] The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. [12] Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; [13] That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked. [14] For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance. [15] But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it. [16] WHO WILL RISE UP FOR ME AGAINST THE EVILDOERS? OR WHO WILL STAND UP FOR ME AGAINST THE WORKERS OF INIQUITY?

LEV.5 [17] And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.

Break commandments=iniquity

PSALMS 89 [30] If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;[31] If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;[32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.

Break commandments=iniquity

MATT.7 [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ye that work iniquity=I never knew you {proclaimed believers}

1 JOHN 2 [1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. [3] AND HEREBY WE DO KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Theres the children that know the Lord.

JEREMIAH 16 [9] For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your days, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride. [10] And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt shew this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the Lord pronounced all this great evil against us? or WHAT IS OUR INIQUITY? or what is our sin that we have committed against the Lord our God? [11] Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the Lord, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, AND HAVE FORSAKEN ME, AND HAVE NOT KEPT MY LAW;...........

Not sure i understand your question. How long will i be doing this? Till i croak, i figure

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Must we observe to keep all 10 to reach the Kingdom. The 1000yr period of rest

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not sure i understand your question. How long will i be doing this? Till i croak, i figure
Well, are you NOW (at this moment) at the point that you can honestly say that you perfectly obey all the commandments.
Of all your friends and family, do you know of anyone that has done that?
I ask, because 'trying' is not enough.
If you fail in just one little point of the law, you are guilty of the entire law.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)
Yep, and notice that it does not say one can get there by "trying to do it".
One must do it thoroughly and completely.

DansingWall

Well, are you NOW (at this moment) at the point that you can honestly say that you perfectly obey all the commandments.
Of all your friends and family, do you know of anyone that has done that?
I ask, because 'trying' is not enough.
If you fail in just one little point of the law, you are guilty of the entire law.

No one but Jesus ever perfectly kept the 10

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one but Jesus ever perfectly kept the 10
Exactly.
It is by His righteousness and obedience that saves, not our righteousness and obedience.

Romans 4 KJV​
(4) Now to him that workethis the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.​
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,​

Pay close attention to verse 5.
It is your faith that is counted for your righteousness, not your works.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

If any are relying on their own righteousness and obedience to save, they are relying on the wrong one.

DansingWall

Exactly.
It is by His righteousness and obedience that saves, not our righteousness and obedience.

Romans 4 KJV​
(4) Now to him that workethis the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.​
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,​

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

If any are relying on their own righteousness and obedience to save, they are relying on the wrong one.

Youll also find this scripture in Romans
ROMANS 3 [27] Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. [28] Therefore we conclude that a MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW. [29] Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: [30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. [31] DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: yea, we establish the law.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Youll also find this scripture in Romans
ROMANS 3 [27] Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. [28] Therefore we conclude that a MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW. [29] Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: [30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. [31] DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: yea, we establish the law.
No problem, as it was the law that made it clear to the people that it was the perfect spotless sacrifice that payed their debt in their stead.
The sacrifice (not the people) payed the debt of death for sin, so the people could live.
Without that perfect and spotless sacrifice, the people were sunk and had nothing to rely on that would satisfy the debt owed.
The law spoke volumes about relying on the sacrifice and not themselves.
Listen to it.

DansingWall

Yup. You are saved by grace and grace alone

EPH.2 [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:[7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.[8] FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.

It is by the grace of God that we are saved. Period. It is a free gift. But to whom is this free gift given? Verse 10 says that those people who will receive the free gift of grace will be walking in good works. What are these good works which GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED that "we must walk in"?

2 JOHN 1 [4] I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. [6] And this is love, that WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, AS YE HAVE HEARD FROM THE BEGINNING, YE SHOULD WALK IN IT.

Youve heard it from the beginning {before ordained}. Its the 10 commandments that we should walk in. But we will fall short. We will sin. No one but Jesus has kept the 10 commandments perfectly.

PSALM 78 [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.[2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old:[3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.[4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.[5] FOR HE ESTABLISHED A TESTIMONY IN JACOB, AND APPOINTED A LAW IN ISRAEL, WHICH HE COMMANDED OUR FATHERS, that they should make them known to their children:[6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:[7] That they might set their hope in God, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:[8] And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.[9] The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.[10] THEY KEPT NOT THE COVENANT OF GOD, AND REFUSED TO WALK IN HIS LAW;[11] AND FORGAT HIS WORKS, and his wonders that he had shewed them.

We all know who opened his mouth in parables and who established a testimony in Jacob. Yup, its JESUS CHRIST. So according to Eph.2 Gods people who recieve the free gift of grace, will be walking in the “WORKS” that God ordained {verse 7}. But...verse 9 and 10 prophecies of what will happen to the “many”, because they refuse to walk after the 10 commandments.

TITUS 1 [14] Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.[15] Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.[16] THEY PROFESS THAT THEY KNOW GOD; BUT IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

DansingWall

Hi and show a verse where that is written , I missed that one ?

dan p

Sorry ya missed it

REV.22 [12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. [13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. [14] Blessed are they that DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may ENTER IN THROUGH THE GATES INTO THE CITY.

The scriptures are clear. Follow the directions to the city. Keep Gods 10 commandments if you wish to enter the city {the kingdom rest}