STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BELIEVER TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's almost time to go back to sleep, I'm afraid. Over the past few years or so, I've become NOCTURNAL so far as my sleeping habits are concerned.

Last edited:

Stuu

Stuu, do you realize what it's like to wake up in the middle of waking up and suddenly noticing you're still asleep?
Is that another metaphor for christianity? Or do you actually do that literally?

The one condition I am very grateful not to suffer is the paralysis some people have when they wake up but the brain hasn't turned off the usual paralysis of the body yet. Apparently it can take some people up to half an hour from the time of waking to regain the use of their muscles.

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is that another metaphor for christianity? Or do you actually do that literally?

The one condition I am very grateful not to suffer is the paralysis some people have when they wake up but the brain hasn't turned off the usual paralysis of the body yet. Apparently it can take some people up to half an hour from the time of waking to regain the use of their muscles.

Stuart

I have heard of that phenomenon.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I fell asleep one night with my right arm above my head and when I woke up hours later, I couldn't feel my arm. I had to pick it up with my left hand and it just dropped to the right side of my body, as if it were dead. That was scary to say the least. It's a cautionary tale that needs to be acknowledged. Never sleep with one of your arms above your head when going to sleep. My arm finally 'woke up' about five minutes later. It's a really odd feeling.

Arthur Brain

You certainly indulge yourself with 'Monumental Braggadocio.' I'm willing to give you that much credit, anyway.

Oh wow, there's another irony meter up in smoke...

Do you actually believe in your heart that I spend most of my waking hours 'Hating on YOU?' If you do, I think you're giving yourself, way too much credit. :rotfl:

Well of course I don't ya daft crank. You're the one imagining that I do. :AMR: Sure, you act like a 12 year old with your silly little negs but that's up to you if you wanna follow me around like that.

KingdomRose

Stuart

Some people don't EVER regain the use of their brains.

KingdomRose

Well, you learned all of that 'False doctrine' from the JW Cult, now see where that gets ya?

Here you go again, GM, just hurling insults and never saying anything that matters. I see that you don't even attempt to answer my questions that I posted. You make no attempt to REASON with me about what I have referred to. You think I'm wrong but you don't try to show me how I am not reasoning correctly.

I know where my beliefs have gotten me, and what I have said is reasonable and true.

KingdomRose

Stephen Hawking, if he never had a thought about believing in God, will not suffer in a hell-fire---a thought propagated by sadistic people. If Jesus doesn't resurrect him, he will simply never wake up. It will be as if he was asleep, forever. That is what "the fire prepared for the Devil and his angels" is, and also the Lake of Fire of Revelation. Anyone can see that if they really look at Revelation 20:14. It says that death and "hell" are hurled INTO the Lake of Fire. How does "hell" get to be hurled into itself? Obviously this Scripture means more than what people like yourself, GM, teach. Death is hurled into the Lake of Fire. How is death "hurled" or "thrown" or "cast?" Can you physically throw "death" anywhere? Of course not! Neither can you throw "hell."

There is a deeper meaning there. Since no one can literally CAST death or hell in any manner, it simply means that those two things are GONE completely, forever. No more death, and no more "hell," that is, the grave (as my King James Bible says in the margin notes).

Can someone explain to me how you can "hurl" or "cast" death?

This is the post that GM has no answer for.

Arthur Brain

Chances are you won't get one either. I've brought it up before as regards "death" being "cast" and one of the answers I got was that death is actually a 'spirit'. The metaphor seems obvious, that there's no "casting" as such as death isn't some object that can be thrown but for those who want to believe in literal fire and torment it'll make precious little difference. For some of them, they'd be aggrieved if they couldn't bask in the suffering of other people, sad as that is.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Let's put it this way; you decided at some point in your life, to place your faith in the beliefs of a known Cult, that being 'The Jehovah's Witnesses.' You have been totally 'Indoctrinated' by their particular 'Belief system.' Your/their system of belief doesn't coincide with the writings of the Apostle Paul who was given the ONLY Gospel that can save ALL lost sinners who, hear the Gospel and place all their faith in Christ as their Savior. One MUST have faith in Christ's death and resurrection in order to receive forgiveness of ALL of their sins, and inherit eternal life. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

According to Paul in this verse of Scripture, one needs to first, hear the Gospel of their salvation from the Word of God (the Bible) then, faith will come to them through the knowledge that is given through the power of the Holy Spirit. Having said that, we were given "Free choice" by God, in other words, when we hear the Gospel we have the 'choice' to accept or reject it. If one accepts the Gospel, they are 'baptized into the 'Body of Christ' (they are combined with others into the group of true believers.) and they're indwelt by the Holy Spirit. In this condition they receive; forgiveness of ALL their sins (Past, present and future) they are guaranteed no judgement or condemnation and they inherit eternal life with God.

You ask; "How can Hell be cast into the "Lake of Fire?" Well, the book of Revelation was written containing a lot of symbols, thus, is open to different interpretations. When it mentions; "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14) I believe, regarding 'Hell' it's talking about THOSE who, through the ages, have died and were, in a Spiritual sense, in a place of torment until it's time for the 'Final Judgement' then they're brought before God to be judged by their works (Revelation 20:12) and, subsequently these people who were being kept in Hades or Hell are cast into the 'Lake of Fire' where they will remain throughout eternity. The part about 'Death' being cast into the 'Lake of Fire' I believe, means that 'Death' will no longer exist after the final judgement takes place.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Chances are you won't get one either. I've brought it up before as regards "death" being "cast" and one of the answers I got was that death is actually a 'spirit'. The metaphor seems obvious, that there's no "casting" as such as death isn't some object that can be thrown but for those who want to believe in literal fire and torment it'll make precious little difference. For some of them, they'd be aggrieved if they couldn't bask in the suffering of other people, sad as that is.

Anyone, foolishly listening to YOU, will be led astray from any TRUTH. You're NOT a 'True Christian,' that's for certain.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here you go again, GM, just hurling insults and never saying anything that matters. I see that you don't even attempt to answer my questions that I posted. You make no attempt to REASON with me about what I have referred to. You think I'm wrong but you don't try to show me how I am not reasoning correctly.

I know where my beliefs have gotten me, and what I have said is reasonable and true.

Post #370 will offer you some clarification.

Arthur Brain

Anyone, foolishly listening to YOU, will be lead astray from any TRUTH. You're NOT a 'True Christian,' that's for certain.

I don't claim to have any 'absolute truth'. Nor do I dance on people's graves and arrogantly assume they're in a state of torment either as per your putrid OP. If that's "Christian truth" then you do a 'great' job of alienating people but then, what do you really care anyway? You seem more concerned with acting like a petulant child dishing out stupid neg reps. How old are you again?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't claim to have any 'absolute truth'. Nor do I dance on people's graves and arrogantly assume they're in a state of torment either as per your putrid OP. If that's "Christian truth" then you do a 'great' job of alienating people but then, what do you really care anyway? You seem more concerned with acting like a petulant child dishing out stupid neg reps. How old are you again?

I'm asking you to leave this thread. Please, do so. You're just here to disrupt, we both realize that.

Arthur Brain

Let's put it this way; you decided at some point in your life, to place your faith in the beliefs of a known Cult, that being 'The Jehovah's Witnesses.' You have been totally 'Indoctrinated' by their particular 'Belief system.' Your/their system of belief doesn't coincide with the writings of the Apostle Paul who was given the ONLY Gospel that can save ALL lost sinners who, hear the Gospel and place all their faith in Christ as their Savior. One MUST have faith in Christ's death and resurrection in order to receive forgiveness of ALL of their sins, and inherit eternal life. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

According to Paul in this verse of Scripture, one needs to first, hear the Gospel of their salvation from the Word of God (the Bible) then, faith will come to them through the knowledge that is given through the power of the Holy Spirit. Having said that, we were given "Free choice" by God, in other words, when we hear the Gospel we have the 'choice' to accept or reject it. If one accepts the Gospel, they are 'baptized into the 'Body of Christ' (they are combined with others into the group of true believers.) and they're indwelt by the Holy Spirit. In this condition they receive; forgiveness of ALL their sins (Past, present and future) they are guaranteed no judgement or condemnation and they inherit eternal life with God.

You ask; "How can Hell be cast into the "Lake of Fire?" Well, the book of Revelation was written containing a lot of symbols, thus, is open to different interpretations. When it mentions; "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14) I believe, regarding 'Hell' it's talking about THOSE who, through the ages, have died and were, in a Spiritual sense, in a place of torment until it's time for the 'Final Judgement' then they're brought before God to be judged by their works (Revelation 20:12) and, subsequently these people who were being kept in Hades or Hell are cast into the 'Lake of Fire' where they will remain throughout eternity. The part about 'Death' being cast into the 'Lake of Fire' I believe, means that 'Death' will no longer exist after the final judgement takes place.

So, you believe that death being cast is symbolic but that people are cast into a literal lake? Wouldn't it make more sense to see the whole death/hades/lake as symbolic?

Arthur Brain

I'm asking you to leave this thread. Please, do so. You're just here to disrupt, we both realize that.

You're asking me to leave a thread and yet you follow me around with your pathetic little neg reps? This place isn't your twitter account Grosnick and if you can't handle disagreement then why do you even post here? Go report me if you want, it seems the standard go to option here these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.