Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

6days

iouae said:
Organic matter floats on the surface (grass, leaves, branches) or if denser than water (say earthworms), it settles last, on top of the clay. Over days, the cloudy water settles and clears as finest soil settles.

The organic matter is quickly consumed by predators, and broken down through oxidation process. None of your floating organic matter becomes fossilized. Fossilization normally requires rapid burial in sediment protecting the organic matter from decay.

God's Word describes an event that explains the billions of fossils worldwide, and marine fossils on every mountain range. (even including tropical plants and dinosaurs in Antartica. Fossil evidence helps confirm the truth of God's Word.

iouae

The problem with calling Neanderthals modern humans is that the last Neanderthal died out 40000 years ago (the last fossils were found in caves on Gibraltar I believe), and they looked different from Homo sapiens, even though Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens have almost identical genes.

But if one has no respect for the fact that modern fossils and Neanderthal fossils are not normally found in the same Holocene strata, then I suppose one could just as easily claim that dinosaurs and Adam walked the same earth at the same time. Jurassic park proves that mankind without guns and Jeeps would not survive a year in Jurassic park.

6days

Jose Fly said:
The claim was that science has shown that Neanderthals are descendants of the First Adam.
This is what was actually claimed. "Science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Neandertals are descendants of first Adam, and people that Last Adam went to Calvary for.

iouae

The organic matter is quickly consumed by predators, and broken down through oxidation process. None of your floating organic matter becomes fossilized. Fossilization normally requires rapid burial in sediment protecting the organic matter from decay.

God's Word describes an event that explains the billions of fossils worldwide, and marine fossils on every mountain range. (even including tropical plants and dinosaurs in Antartica. Fossil evidence helps confirm the truth of God's Word.

Yes, but how come the fossils are sorted into groups of organisms ALWAYS buried under other groups of organisms? And how come each group of organisms looks like a complete biome?

Do you know that any biome has trophic levels which form a pyramid?

Each biome has the first trophic level of producers, or autotrophs otherwise known as green, photosynthetic plants. These are always in greatest numbers, usually being ten times more plants than animals by biomass.

The first trophic level gets eaten by (normally 1/10th) as many herbivores which constitute the second trophic level or primary consumers.

This is followed by secondary consumers or carnivores/omnivores, and usually there are 1/10th as many of these around.

Finally, the last trophic level comprises the fewest in number of top predators.

And one needs all these trophic levels to maintain balance.

If one has only hares and no foxes, the hares breed and there is a population explosion, they eat all the vegetation, and die out. So God created foxes to eat the hares, to stop the hares destroying all the vegetation, and then dying a slow death of starvation. Also, old age is not nice, so most animals get eaten before thy die slowly from some lingering disability. Oh, the goodness and severity of God.

And from the lowest strata of fossils, till today, there is not a biome found which does not have organisms eating other organisms to maintain balance in the ecosystem. Long before Adam, from the ediacaran biota or first organisms, there were all these trophic levels eating one another.

6days

iouae said:
The problem with calling Neanderthals modern humans is that the last Neanderthal died out 40000 years ago
The problem with your belief about Neandertals is that science has proven virtually everything false that secularists once believed. You still cling to the date hoping at least that part is true.

God's word tells us that all humanity is descended from first Adam, and are people last Adam died for. Iouae... your beliefs are heretical... death entered the world from one man's sin... Adam. Your belief system destroys the Gospel and the purpose of the cross.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
.. So God created foxes to eat the hares, to stop the hares destroying all the vegetation, and then dying a slow death of starvation. Also, old age is not nice, so most animals get eaten before thy die slowly from some lingering disability. Oh, the goodness and severity of God.

It would have been good if you posted only this. As for the rest, it comes across like a college kid doing a term paper. :yawn:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you take a small spade of soil and shake it up in water and let it settle, it settles in layers or strata.

No, it doesn't. It produces one graded layer.

If you run the experiment we suggest, it shows multiple layers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jose Fly

This is what was actually claimed. "Science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Neandertals are descendants of first Adam, and people that Last Adam went to Calvary for.

And yet the science that shows that is oddly absent. :think:

iouae

No, it doesn't. It produces one graded layer.

Because shaking soil in a jam jar of water is a common experiment, here is a link to it...
http://www.soil-net.com/dev/page.cfm?pageid=casestudies_jamjar&loginas=anon_casestudies

jamjar_d.jpg

Here is what this web site concludes...
"Now the water has settled out, you should be able to see different layers appearing. Sand particles are the biggest and weigh more than silt - so the bottom layer will be the sand part of the soil. Any pebbles will also be at the bottom. Next up is the silt layer. Silt particles are smaller than sand and weigh less so they appear over the sand. If you were able to separate out any clay particles they are the smallest and will be on top. If your soil is really thick clay then you may just be left with clay lumps at the bottom, Next up you will have the water. This is likely to be discoloured. The colouring is likely to be rotted plant (organic) material that is soluble (it's dissolved). Finally, at the top will be floating organic material which isn't fully rotted."

But it makes no difference to me if you want to call it "one graded layer".

If there was one worldwide flood, the world's strata would comprise "one graded layer".

So can you explain why this is not the case?

iouae

It would have been good if you posted only this. As for the rest, it comes across like a college kid doing a term paper. :yawn:

While you were yawning, did you get what the term paper was about? If you did, explain to me why hares (prey) have foxes (predator) and not lions. Why do foxes go with hares and not lions with hares?

And why is it that every layer of fossils has predators and prey suited to each other? For instance why do T rex's come with Triceratops, and not wildebeests?

iouae

The problem with your belief about Neandertals is that science has proven virtually everything false that secularists once believed. You still cling to the date hoping at least that part is true.

God's word tells us that all humanity is descended from first Adam, and are people last Adam died for. Iouae... your beliefs are heretical... death entered the world from one man's sin... Adam. Your belief system destroys the Gospel and the purpose of the cross.

You are a regular ninja at dodging the question and real science.

Real science shows Neanderthals died out, the last few living in caves on Gibraltar 40000 years ago.

Every ethnic group of modern man has left a civilisation somewhere. Neanderthals not. Only Homo sapiens has traceable civilisation.

Would you concede that there is no evidence of Neanderthals after the flood, from Babylon and the Sumer civilisation onwards?

And Neanderthals seem to predate Clovis culture which is pre-flood humans who lived in the Americas.

Neanderthals were found in ice-age Europe.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That you actually think your last post to me has "plenty" of evidence speaks for itself. Thanks for illustrating my point for me.

Your point is nonsense. There's plenty to discuss. We know why you want the discussion to be about who said what.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because shaking soil in a jam jar of water is a common experiment...

Here is what this web site concludes...
"Now the water has settled out, you should be able to see different layers appearing.
Soil layers (called horizons) are an entirely different concept to rock layers (called strata).

To be relevant to our conversation, shaking up random sediment and allowing it to settle produces one "stratum." That it might produce multiple "horizons" in a different discussion is irrelevant.

It makes no difference to me if you want to call it "one graded layer".
It should matter to you; you don't want to be wrong, do you?

If there was one worldwide flood, the world's strata would comprise "one graded layer".
Now your disagreement makes some sense.

So can you explain why this is not the case?
Already have, although some posts might have gotten deleted.

Do you know what water-pressure changes produce in sediment?

Last edited:

iouae

Soil layers (called horizons) are an entirely different concept to rock layers (called strata).

To be relevant to our conversation, shaking up random sediment and allowing it to settle produces one "stratum." That it might produce multiple "horizons" in a different discussion is irrelevant.

It should matter to you; you don't want to be wrong, do you?

Now your disagreement makes some sense.

Already have, although some posts might have gotten deleted.

Do you know what water-pressure changes produces in sediment?

If I performed the soil in jam-jar experiment under high pressure, it would make no difference to the sorting of the layers. There would still be a settling of largest particles first, resulting in layers from biggest on the bottom, to smallest on top. So the strata produced when the sediment solidified would resemble the jam-jar layering.

But real life strata bear no resemblance to the jam jar, except on rare occasions. So there had to be multiple floods in earth's history if we find gravel, clay, gravel, clay, gravel clay layers. That would take 3 floods, or 3 separate incidents in one flood. But earths geology is much more complex than our jam-jar. That's because there has been a lot more going on over time than one worldwide flood. And we have not even begun to explain how fossils get sorted into biome upon biome.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I performed the soil in jam-jar experiment under high pressure, it would make no difference to the sorting of the layers.
That's nice.

Now try the experiment in the manner I suggested. :up:

6days

iouae said:
Also, old age is not nice, so most animals get eaten before thy die slowly from some lingering disability. Oh, the goodness and severity of God.
Your God may think death is nice. The God of the Bible says death entered our world as a consequence of sin. God calls death the final enemy... which Jesus conquered. Your God is Baal-like...an idol you create.

iouae said:
And from the lowest strata of fossils, till today, there is not a biome found which does not have organisms eating other organisms
Most of the fossils are just laying there and not eating anything. But... since the fossils were mostly formed about 1,500 years after sin entered our world, there were many carnivores by then.

6days

iouae said:
Real science shows Neanderthals died out, the last few living in caves on Gibraltar 40000 years ago.
You mistake interpretations supporting secular beliefs for science. What you mistakenly think is "real science" is not real truth. Real truth is God's Word.

Everything evolutionists once declared about Neandertals has been proven wrong by science. Science has revealed the humanity of Neandertals... much to the disappointment of those who reject the Creator God of Scripture.