Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

clefty

Thank God that the law has been abolished for Christians.

You should be dancing in the streets. Instead you want to be under it.

Claiming that the law is abolished...you dance more than in the streets but around a golden calf...a false worship of Yah indeed

We would work out our salvation with fear and trembling not dance in the streets...or like you around your golden calf...

clefty

You/I/countless others, have shown him that, and other verses, but he just spams away, deletes those verses.

Psalm 111 KJV

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

Oh, yes....out with Psalms 111:7-8 KJV, as....

1 Timothy 1 KJV

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Pate: No, Timmy!!!! The law no longer exists, it is not good, as it is contrary to us!!! I told Paul the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The law is the problem, not me!!!!!

Robert is a false witness like these in Acts 6

8Now Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people. 9But resistance arose from what was known as the Synagogue of the Freedmen, including Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and men from the provinces of Cilicia and Asia. They began to argue with Stephen, 10but they could not stand up to his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke.

11Then they prompted some men to say, “We heard Stephen speak words of blasphemy against Moses and against God.” 12So they stirred up the people and elders and scribes. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin.

13They presented false witnesses who said, “This man never stops speaking against this holy place and against the Law. 14For we have heard him say that Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs that Moses handed down to us.”

15All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.”

It’s typical though...most of Christendom believes and teaches the same false witness that Yahushua changed the customs handed down...despite “think NOT”

Robert Pate

Banned
If it has been abolished then why does Paul say the following to believers?:

"Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. 2. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. 3. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: 4. That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; 5. Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: 6. That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. 7. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness"
(1 Thess.4:1-7).

In Paul's congregation there were saved people as well as unsaved people.

The saved that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit don't need the law. The Holy Spirit is their guide and their teacher, John 16:13. But the unsaved do, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Claiming that the law is abolished...you dance more than in the streets but around a golden calf...a false worship of Yah indeed

We would work out our salvation with fear and trembling not dance in the streets...or like you around your golden calf...

When you are standing before God in your sins, you will wish that that law had been abolished.

Robert Pate

Banned
You/I/countless others, have shown him that, and other verses, but he just spams away, deletes those verses.

Psalm 111 KJV

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

1 Timothy 1 KJV

Pate: No, Timmy!!!! The law no longer exists, it is not good, as it is contrary to us!!! I told Paul the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The law is the problem, not me!!!!!

You think that Paul and Timothy are wrong? Read it again John W. 1 Timothy 1:9,10. No doubt about it you need the law.

clefty

For unbelievers, they are under the law and will be judged by it. That is why I will not be there, but you will.

You will still be judged silly...and according to His Law...

You make it sound like we can turn the Law on or off by ourselves...our beliefs

John the revelator made it clear “Here are they” that do what Robert?

john w

Hall of Fame
You think that Paul and Timothy are wrong? Read it again John W. 1 Timothy 1:9,10. No doubt about it you need the law.

Psalm 111 KJV

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

1 Timothy 1 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
For unbelievers, they are under the law and will be judged by it. That is why I will not be there, but you will.

Pate: US citizens will be judged by the laws of other countries, if those laws are not abolished.

Demonic moron.

john w

Hall of Fame
Still waiting for an answer...

Again:

“John the revelator made it clear... “Here are they”... that do what Robert?
Pate: Unbelievers are under the law, and will be judged by a law, that no longer exist, per....

You are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Old Covenant is history, Hebrews 8:13. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament, the law and the Jewish religion.

Why is that so? All that come to Christ to be saved are "In Christ".

To be "In Christ" means that God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

We are no longer subject to the law, nor are we under the law. Those that are "In Christ" do not live according to rules and laws. They live according to the Holy Spirit and by faith in Christ and his Gospel. This is what Paul meant when he said, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

clefty

The Old Covenant is history, Hebrews 8:13. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament, the law and the Jewish religion.

To be "In Christ" means that God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

We are no longer subject to the law, nor are we under the law. Those that are "In Christ" do not live according to rules and laws. They live according to the Holy Spirit and by faith in Christ and his Gospel. This is what Paul meant when he said, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

If the Law was abolished at the cross then there is no need “to come to Christ”...

john w

Hall of Fame

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

john w

Hall of Fame

The issue is not the law as a rule of life, or to whom does it apply. The issue is, since you argued, on record, that the Holy Spirit replaces the law of God, for the believer( That is your "argument."), if the law applies to the lost, and not the believer, having been replaced by the Holy Spirit, according to you, replacing the good, holy,.....law, how are the saved to determine, objectively, what is right/wrong, if the law no longer exist, Pate? Answer:

Tell us why, then, murder, theft, adultery, lying....are wrong, if their is no objective source outside of yourself, such as the holy, good, spiritual law of God, to define wrong. Tell all of TOL, again, what you told me,i.e., right/wrong is determined subjectively, by each individual, through feelings, experiences, and consensus. It is called ethical subjectivism, moral relativism. And you try to "splain it away, Lucy," with, "Well, you see, the Holy Spirit tells me that murder, theft, adultery, lying, are wrong, and my Holy Spirit is 'more right' than yours, as everyone knows, the consensus knows, and my parents taught me, that murder, theft, adultery, lying,are wrong, and everyone else is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Months of silence, from this demonic child of the devil, as the devil has a gag order on him.

Tell us, Pate, to one who would tell you:

"I do not live according to rules and laws. I live according to the Holy Spirit and by faith in Christ I am led by the Holy Spirit. You taught me that, and that the Holy Spirit replaced the law of God. He tells me that sodomy, multiple wives is OK. "

What would you say? Go ahead, Pate. Tell us all.

JonahofAkron

When you are standing before God in your sins, you will wish that that law had been abolished.
It's strange that you keep talking about abolishing when it is clearly the exact opposite. The clear message of Matthew 5:17 says exactly the opposite of what it was that you claimed. You can't answer that because you proof yourself the fool and call the Bible a liar.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

clefty

It's strange that you keep talking about abolishing when it is clearly the exact opposite. The clear message of Matthew 5:17 says exactly the opposite of what it was that you claimed. You can't answer that because you proof yourself the fool and call the Bible a liar.

Yup...

If the Law is abolished then anyone can stand before Yah and have not sinned...

john w

Hall of Fame

He has been shown that, over, and over, and over....He ignores it, posts verses selectively, in isolation, ignoring both context, and what precedes/follows the verses he posts in isolation, and deletes words, from verses, replacing them also.

And he butchers, corrupts the meaning of words, asserting that "not under the law" means "the law is destroyed/abolished."

clefty

He has been shown that, over, and over, and over....He ignores it, posts verses selectively, in isolation, ignoring both context, and what precedes/follows the verses he posts in isolation, and deletes words, from verses, replacing them also.

And he butchers, corrupts the meaning of words, asserting that "not under the law" means "the law is destroyed/abolished."

Add to that he insists the law makes him sin...

Sounds like this guy:

https://youtu.be/zFE72gQuq7A

No surprise he makes so much money...as so many Christians avoid obedience even claim the same = OT is abolished