Knight - Theology Online and Internet Ads, Ads, and Illegal Activity

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 11-29.

Knight,

I have tried to private message you about this. It does pertain to the website. There are ads on this website, which as I understand it is against the law for both Online and the Internet. It is not the purpose or use of the Internet. However, the nature of the ads is also a violation. Women are being advertised, which is against the law in any setting. There are different definitions of Online or online, but this should not occur anywhere Online or on the Internet. My understanding from my browser is also that this website is Not secure. I am a Jew, Jewish, of Israel, and have chosen the tribe of Levi. I understand that this is a Christian Website, from what I have been told. But I also understand that Jews can be on this website. I have identified as Jewish. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation. Please accept this my plea as A Citizen of the United States of America and a Torah observant Jew and Levite that you take responsibility for the decisions that you have made or are making on this your website (I do not know who the owner is, but someone is responsible for it), even if the Law of the United States of America now allows for ads. It does not allow for selling women, advertising women, prostitution, or dating or online relationship websites, whether in Hebrew, Russians, Muslims, etc.... No one should be sold online or anywhere, even if it says no credit cards or women will make the first move. Please take the appropriate action (in managing the website and reporting unauthorized activity on the website). The Internet is for fighting crime, and what better way than with the gospel of Jesus Christ and by proclaiming and establishing and enforcing God's Law in our nation, and should we venture beyond Israel and The United States of America the world as well. I am writing from Tacoma, Washington, USA (The United States of America) where I live. Our country, nation, was founded on Biblical Morals and Principles. We have the Judeo-Christian Ethic, Religion, Principle, Morality, etc.... It is allowed for by the Constitution and the Founding Fathers. Our courts have been established on and by Biblical Law and Torah Law. For example, seen present have been the Ten Commandments, given to the nation of Israel, God's People, with which Christians and this Christian nation identify, even with all of the Jewish influence.

Shalom.

Jacob

Greg Jennings

I'm not 100% on this........but I don't think ads on internet sites are an issue. Unless that whole net neutrality tangled mess changed that

daqq

I am glad I waited to respond to this OP and others have now responded, seeing it is addressed to Knight, and it has now at least been a couple of days. There are probably plenty of us, (including myself), who do not care for the ads but are glad this site is available, (which no doubt requires ad space to keep it up and running). If a person cannot handle the ads then perhaps he or she should find somewhere else to post: especially one who has a propensity to use the board to post their daily journal entries and clutter up the board with every thought that comes to mind being accounted as apparently worthy of a new thread, (sheesh, lol). I am not a member because I am flat broke, according to worldly money and wealth, and therefore I account myself as having no right to complain: but if you want to complain, (@Jacob), perhaps you should become a member first, and if the ads do not go away, then complain, (in the appropriate place). I for one am grateful that this board is made available to all who are willing to follow the rules.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I never see women for sale.
I always get ads for things I search for online, related to the searches I do. If somebody is getting dating women and selling women ads then they should find out who else is using the computer. The web and these big companies know how to target the ads that you are most likely to respond. I think.

daqq

I always get ads for things I search for online, related to the searches I do. If somebody is getting dating women and selling women ads then they should find out who else is using the computer. The web and these big companies know how to target the ads that you are most likely to respond. I think.

Lol, me too, right now there is an ad for "Daymond John's Success Formula" right next to your post. :chuckle:

daqq

Lol, me too, right now there is an ad for "Daymond John's Success Formula" right next to your post. :chuckle:

I have not searched anything like that in a while, (but I have). However you may notice that sometimes it can also have to do with things that are said in the thread or maybe the thread topic, (perhaps the ad I saw had something to do with what I had said previously? about being flat broke? :idunno:). I remember one time having entered into one of Jacob's threads about the TaNaK, where Torah scrolls kept showing up in various ads, (and such things I have searched many times for many reasons), but finally came to realize it was probably the thread content and title combined with my own search history that brought up those ads. Very interesting: the big brother big eye in the aethernet-sky is watching, I suppose. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have not searched anything like that in a while, (but I have). However you may notice that sometimes it can also have to do with things that are said in the thread or maybe the thread topic, (perhaps the ad I saw had something to do with what I had said previously? about being flat broke? :idunno:). I remember one time having entered into one of Jacob's threads about the TaNaK, where Torah scrolls kept showing up in various ads, (and such things I have searched many times for many reasons), but finally came to realize it was probably the thread content and title combined with my own search history that brought up those ads. Very interesting: the big brother big eye in the aethernet-sky is watching, I suppose. :)
Yep, lately I've been getting Hebrew ads and related stuff. Cars, shoes, etc. Some are obviously for my mom though. I think it really does involve whatever you've been doing online. :chuckle:

glorydaz

That's what I was going to say, but I wasn't sure. Thanks, PJ.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,
My understanding from my browser is also that this website is Not secure.
@Knight

That is correct and an issue that Knight should deal with.

http://www.howto-expert.com/how-to-get-https-setting-up-ssl-on-your-website/

Enter this in your browser or just click the link:
https://theologyonline.com

Note the foul up of the rendering of the page.

Click the small info icon next to the link in your browser and read the message that pops up.

I do not understand why SSL (https) cannot be properly instituted for the site.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have Addblock Plus which is also free.
I get no ads on TOL or anywhere else.
I used to use it, too, but its memory demands on a browser were needlessly high.

For example, on the Google Chrome browser select More Tools and the Task Manager to see how CPU and Memory are being used by add-ons.

uBlock also has more features to block specific elements on a page, as in when someone's user Avatar is offensive, or a post contains objectionable visuals, I can just make sure I never have to see it again. ;)

AMR

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am glad I waited to respond to this OP and others have now responded, seeing it is addressed to Knight, and it has now at least been a couple of days. There are probably plenty of us, (including myself), who do not care for the ads but are glad this site is available, (which no doubt requires ad space to keep it up and running). If a person cannot handle the ads then perhaps he or she should find somewhere else to post: especially one who has a propensity to use the board to post their daily journal entries and clutter up the board with every thought that comes to mind being accounted as apparently worthy of a new thread, (sheesh, lol). I am not a member because I am flat broke, according to worldly money and wealth, and therefore I account myself as having no right to complain: but if you want to complain, (@Jacob), perhaps you should become a member first, and if the ads do not go away, then complain, (in the appropriate place). I for one am grateful that this board is made available to all who are willing to follow the rules.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 12-3.

I am a Member here at Theology Online. My understanding is that when one posts on the internet it is proper to post when the post is being made. Being Jewish I do not observe the same calendar that others here do. I have a journal here that I keep track of the days on the Jewish Calendar, as well as my Torah Study. So you can be sure that I am not making anything up. I am glad to share my knowledge and resources with others. Without it I would not be representing Judaism. I do not pay to use the website. I was directed to this website as a child. I was also taught about how ads are not supposed to be on the internet. Ads of women imply that something needs to be changed beyond just not having ads, for this is considered against the law and rightly so.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 12-3.

It is my computer. No one else is using my computer.

I was also shown a Planned Parenthood Ad and an ad to find out who the next President is going to be. Plus one about using my email and another about removing ads.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 12-3.

I am a Member here at Theology Online. My understanding is that when one posts on the internet it is proper to post when the post is being made. Being Jewish I do not observe the same calendar that others here do. I have a journal here that I keep track of the days on the Jewish Calendar, as well as my Torah Study. So you can be sure that I am not making anything up. I am glad to share my knowledge and resources with others. Without it I would not be representing Judaism. I do not pay to use the website. I was directed to this website as a child. I was also taught about how ads are not supposed to be on the internet. Ads of women imply that something needs to be changed beyond just not having ads, for this is considered against the law and rightly so.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hmmm, I thought it was pretty clear what I meant by becoming a member, but I guess not: and of course, according to your thinking, I also am a member, and thus in your mind you have voided out what I said and justified yourself. No longer interested. Have a nice thread. :idunno:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm, I thought it was pretty clear what I meant by becoming a member, but I guess not: and of course, according to your thinking, I also am a member, and thus in your mind you have voided out what I said and justified yourself. No longer interested. Have a nice thread. :idunno:
Shalom.

Why would I not say anything when you say I am not a Member? I have been a Member since I was a child. This is not justifying oneself. I can see who the Members are. Do you know if you can see yourself in the list of Members? If you can then you are a Member. Have I ever paid? Yes. That is not what made me a Member.

Shalom.

Jacob