Life, Time, and Eternity; Why do people think the way that they do about eternity?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Today is Sheni (Second) Ziv 22. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day. Omer 37.

Is the word eternity an appropriate word to use? Is it found in the Bible? What does it mean?

Shalom.

Jacob

nikolai_42

עַד

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Isaiah 57:15

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Since I don't read or speak Hebrew, I have to rely on secondary sources. That is what I copied and pasted from here :

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5703&t=KJV

It may be that that it missed a diacritic mark in the copying. But it is pretty clear that the word means more than just "until".

See doitinhebrew. as far as came from my Hebrew Text, Book, in addition to what agrees with doitinhebrew. I don't know what to make of your reference to some diacritic mark, what you are thinking or what you mean.

nikolai_42

See doitinhebrew. as far as came from my Hebrew Text, Book, in addition to what agrees with doitinhebrew. I don't know what to make of your reference to some diacritic mark, what you are thinking or what you mean.

{The URL doesn't return the word - you have to put it in yourself}

That page also references the Morfix.co.il Dictionary that has the same word that I copied and pasted above.

Diacritic marks are the dots and accent marks (and the like) that are placed above or below the letters. I wasn't sure if there was one that might not have copied properly.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
{The URL doesn't return the word - you have to put it in yourself}

That page also references the Morfix.co.il Dictionary that has the same word that I copied and pasted above.

Diacritic marks are the dots and accent marks (and the like) that are placed above or below the letters. I wasn't sure if there was one that might not have copied properly.

I am not sure what you mean, including your reference to diacritic marks.

nikolai_42

I am not sure what you mean, including your reference to diacritic marks.

Don't worry about the diacritic remarks. If you go to doitinhebrew.com and translate from english to Hebrew - and enter "eternity", the results include this :

Morfix.co.il Dictionary view

eternity noun נֶצַח, עַד, אֵינְסוֹף

doitinHebrew.com Phonetic Translation

eternity noun netzach, ad, eyn'sof

LingvoZone Dictionary view
noun נֵצַח, נִצחִיוּת, עַד, עוֹלָם, עֵילוֹם
noun netzach, nitzchiyut, ad, olam, eylom

The עַד listed under Morfix.co.il Dictionary is the word that I linked to in my first response.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't worry about the diacritic remarks. If you go to doitinhebrew.com and translate from english to Hebrew - and enter "eternity", the results include this :

The עַד listed under Morfix.co.il Dictionary is the word that I linked to in my first response.

no
it says

eternity
נֵצַח

nikolai_42

no
it says

eternity
נֵצַח

I do see that, but Hebrew (like most languages) has multiple forms of its words. And while it returns what you pasted, it also returns (through secondary links) the other forms - including the form I found on Blue Letter Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do see that, but Hebrew (like most languages) has multiple forms of its words. And while it returns what you pasted, it also returns (through secondary links) the other forms - including the form I found on Blue Letter Bible.

I am able to see the following.

Morfix.co.il Dictionary view

eternity noun נֶצַח, עַד, אֵינְסוֹף

eternity noun netzach, ad, eyn'sof
LingvoZone Dictionary view
noun נֵצַח, נִצחִיוּת, עַד, עוֹלָם, עֵילוֹם
noun netzach, nitzchiyut, ad, olam, eylom
Milon.co.il Dictionary view
eternity
English-Hebrew
eternity
(ש"ע) נצח, עד; עולם האמת

Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Eternity
For other senses of the word "eternity", see eternity (disambiguation).
While in the popular mind, eternity often simply means existing for an infinite, i.e., limitless, amount of time, many have used it to refer to a timeless existence altogether outside of time. There are a number of arguments for eternity, by which proponents of the concept, principally Aristotle, purported to prove that matter, motion, and time must have existed eternally.

See more at Wikipedia.org...

Eternity/The Road to Mandalay
This article is about the music single. For other meanings, go to Eternity (disambiguation)
"Eternity/ The Road To Mandalay" is the fifth single from Robbie Williams' 2000 Sing When You're Winning album, released in July 2001 Brian May plays guitar on "Eternity". "Eternity" does not appear in the album but it was later included on Williams' Greatest Hits album.

See more at Wikipedia.org...

This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Wikipedia ויקיפדיה העברית-האנציקלופדיה החופשית
נצח

בעוד הדעה הרווחת רואה בדרך כלל בנצח פשוט את קיומו של אינסוף, כלומר, כמות זמן בלתי מוגבלת, רבים השתמשו במושג בכוונה לקיום נצחי הנמצא מחוץ לזמן. ישנם מספר ויכוחים על הנצח, שבהם תומכי הרעיון, בעיקר אריסטו, התיימרו להוכיח שחומר, תנועה וזמן מתקיימים באופן נצחי.

להמשך המאמר ראה Wikipedia.org...

© מאמר זה משתמש בתוכן מ-ויקיפדיה® וכפוף לרשיון לשימוש חופשי במסמכים של גנו GNU Free Documentation License