Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

That doesn't support your assertion that the spirit is eternal and cannot be killed, while the soul is the spirit with the body, but can be killed or destroyed.
No, the soul cannot be be killed because a soul is a body with a spirit---that makes it ALIVE.

You aren't making any sense to me.

What did I miss?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It just depends on how important it is to you and how much you put into it to understand.

Jesus says, "Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more."

See Mark 4:24.

I want to help you to understand, so give me more questions if you want, but do your part too and give it some good hard studying.

God's Truth

To pops, or anyone else who might be interested;

Read this scripture:

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

That scripture tells us the spirit does not die, but the body does.
God says kill the BODY but CANNOT the soul---because a soul is a body with a spirit---and the part that makes the body alive, the spirit, cannot be killed.

Now read this scripture:

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Did you read that?

Okay then, you see that after your BODY is dead, God can still throw you in hell.

That is about you being in hell after your body is dead and that means you are in hell alive in the spirit.

So how does one go to hell WITH their spirit AND their body?

That happens after the resurrection of our bodies.

After the resurrection of our bodies, there will be people who will be thrown in the lake of fire, which is the final hell.

God's Truth

No other book is needed, unless you think it might be good to know that very many fight others for no good reason but ignorance and propaganda.

What don't you get that the Qur'an SAYS ALLAH HAS NO SON?

Don't be dishonest because you are better than that.

What person wants to read BAD INFORMATION about God?

Are you really that lost and confused?

The Qur'an cannot even get that GREAT IMPORTANCE right, so it should still be read and clung to?

YOU HAVE A SON, do you want to deny him and other people to deny that he is yours?

The truth MATTERS, do you want to be stubborn and rebellious?

popsthebuilder

Don't be dishonest because you are better than that.

What person wants to read BAD INFORMATION about God?

Are you really that lost and confused?

The Qur'an cannot even get that GREAT IMPORTANCE right, so it should still be read and clung to?

YOU HAVE A SON, do you want to deny him and other people to deny that he is yours?

I already showed you that son is interchangable with other words.

You basing the truth of the matter on a single word that has multiple meanings, of which some are indeed in the Quran and too reference Jesus the Christ is you being stubborn or stiff-necked to me.

Just my opinion; but what I know about the Quran is not.

God's Truth

I already showed you that son is interchangable with other words.

WOW. The BIBLE says Jesus is the ONLY SON.

Is that what you think your interchangeable son means?

Can't you see how ignorant it is when you say 'ONLY SON' means the same as interchangeable son?

You basing the truth of the matter on a single word that has multiple meanings, of which some are indeed in the Quran and too reference Jesus the Christ is you being stubborn or stiff-necked to me.

Just my opinion; but what I know about the Quran is not.

You are being stubborn and rebellious, because it is plain that the Holy Bible says Jesus is the ONLY SON. The Qur'an say God does NOT have a son.

So all your definitions about son meaning other things DOES NOT go for the fact about what the 'Son' means in the Holy Bible and the Qur'an when IT COMES TO JESUS.

I hope you get yourself away from the snare that you are in.

popsthebuilder

WOW. The BIBLE says Jesus is the ONLY SON.

Is that what you think your interchangeable son means?

Can't you see how ignorant it is when you say 'ONLY SON' means the same as interchangeable son?

You are being stubborn and rebellious, because it is plain that the Holy Bible says Jesus is the ONLY SON. The Qur'an say God does NOT have a son.

So all your definitions about son meaning other things DOES NOT go for the fact about what the 'Son' means in the Holy Bible and the Qur'an when IT COMES TO JESUS.

I hope you get yourself away from the snare that you are in.
I never said the only unique Son was interchangable; I said the word son is synonimous with other words with other meanings other than the word son.

God's Truth

I never said the only unique Son was interchangable; I said the word son is synonimous with other words with other meanings other than the word son.

I gave scriptures that SAY Jesus is the ONLY Son of God.

I gave you words from the Qur'an that say God does NOT have a Son.

You said son means different things.

You are in a snare to keep going against what is plainly written.

The scriptures say what they mean and mean what they say.

Jesus is the ONLY SON OF GOD.

That does not mean he is the only follower and not real son.

You say the Holy Bible can mean Jesus is the only Son of God really to mean Jesus is the only follower of God---and then you say about those scriptures that when the Qur'an say God has no Son it means God has no follower?!

Don't you see how you are trying to twist things around? Your twisting will not bring about the knowledge and peace of God.

popsthebuilder

I gave scriptures that SAY Jesus is the ONLY Son of God.

I gave you words from the Qur'an that say God does NOT have a Son.

You said son means different things.

You are in a snare to keep going against what is plainly written.

The scriptures say what they mean and mean what they say.

Jesus is the ONLY SON OF GOD.

That does not mean he is the only follower and not real son.

You say the Holy Bible can mean Jesus is the only Son of God really to mean Jesus is the only follower of God---and then you say about those scriptures that when the Qur'an say God has no Son it means God has no follower?!

Don't you see how you are trying to twist things around? Your twisting will not bring about the knowledge and peace of God.
The word son in the Quran isn't derived from Greek with multiple possible meanings.

I'm not squirming, I promise.

God's Truth

The word son in the Quran isn't derived from Greek with multiple possible meanings.

I'm not squirming, I promise.

So then, you are saying that the Qur'an stating that God does not have a Son means He does not have a 'Son'; but that, the Holy Bible, when saying God has a 'Son', it does not mean that and it is error because it really means Jesus is God's only follower?

I can blow that twisted reasoning out of the water too.

popsthebuilder

So then, you are saying that the Qur'an stating that God does not have a Son means He does not have a 'Son'; but that, the Holy Bible, when saying God has a 'Son', it does not mean that and it is error because it really means Jesus is God's only follower?

I can blow that twisted reasoning out of the water too.
No, that isn't exactly what I am saying.

I am saying that there is no difference between GOD and the Spirit within the manifestation of GOD, and that both the Greek and the Quran seem to agree on this point if one actually investigated and understands for themselves.

But yes; I am saying that it is evidently possible that the word "son" could be somewhat misused and also synonimous with Lord/ King/GOD.

9f76ddfb109f73245d7df228e31a6f26.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Infinite logos.........

Infinite logos.........

The sun was created by GOD, bozo.

My analogy of God being the Sun was 'figurative'. Im surprised you took it as me inferring He was the physical sun of our solar system. Amazing. Ever hear of a metaphor?

God is as the Sun, all else are rays emanating from the Sun. God is Light. The sun has always been a symbol of God or the solar-logos....the source of life, warmth, regeneration, sustaining creation, etc.

God is also as an Ocean, with many rivers extending from IT, and those rivers return to the Source ultimately. God is Source.

We can use many analogies, metaphors and figurative language about the Creator and Creation,....especially when describing the Infinite. - an infinitude of words, symbols and allegory.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Exploding at ground zero !

Exploding at ground zero !

66 books in my Bible. No more, no less.

Books chosen, codified, adapted and redacted by men ;)

The number "6" even signifies that, being the number of man.

Also dont forget,....you can limit the INFINITE to any number :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Going Agnostic.....

Going Agnostic.....

Learning about the religion in question is helpful. From an Islamic perspective, God is Single, One-Alone with no associates, no split personalities, not a coumpound of deities....but only ONE Allah, one unique solitary transcendent Deity wholly different than man. In this system God cannot have a co-equal Son, neither does He need one.

Whose 'version' of truth may be a more peculiar question ;)

It can be praiseworthy sometimes to be stubborn and rebellious against dogmatic tendencies, hasty presumptions and presuppositions :)

The biggest bombshell is assuming one knows the totality or finality of truth, of possessing full knowledge of such. Only God could qualify in this respect.

It is sometimes wise to claim 'divine ignorance', total agnosis....and leave it at that :) - such is a pure honesty of no knowledge, a surrender to the 'unknowable'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Gnosis (knowing) and Agnosis (unknowing)

Gnosis (knowing) and Agnosis (unknowing)

You speak falseness and you contradict yourself.

Not at all. Perhaps it could be the reader not properly interpreting or understanding? ;)

You tell me the truth can't be known but then you claim to have it.

I've never claimed truth cant be known, nor have I claimed that I have it, perhaps you're projecting again?

We are gnostics as we are given truth by revelation of the Spirit, as far as religious experience is concerned, but no finite being can know the totality of the Infinite. Man's knowledge is only as perfect as his capacities and capabilities allow.

Beyond knowledge(gnosis), there is 'agnosis'(no knowledge), hence the cosmos is both 'light' and 'darkness'.

God's Truth

No, that isn't exactly what I am saying.

I am saying that there is no difference between GOD and the Spirit within the manifestation of GOD, and that both the Greek and the Quran seem to agree on this point if one actually investigated and understands for themselves.

But yes; I am saying that it is evidently possible that the word "son" could be somewhat misused and also synonimous with Lord/ King/GOD.

9f76ddfb109f73245d7df228e31a6f26.jpg

The Holy Bible did not misuse the word 'Son'.

God's Truth

Learning about the religion in question is helpful. From an Islamic perspective, God is Single, One-Alone with no associates, no split personalities, not a coumpound of deities....but only ONE Allah, one unique solitary transcendent Deity wholly different than man. In this system God cannot have a co-equal Son, neither does He need one.
I know what that religion believes.

Whose 'version' of truth may be a more peculiar question ;)

Jesus tells us how to know the truth. The Holy Bible is the truth. You can find out the truth too.

It can be praiseworthy sometimes to be stubborn and rebellious against dogmatic tendencies, hasty presumptions and presuppositions :)

The biggest bombshell is assuming one knows the totality or finality of truth, of possessing full knowledge of such. Only God could qualify in this respect.

It is sometimes wise to claim 'divine ignorance', total agnosis....and leave it at that :) - such is a pure honesty of no knowledge, a surrender to the 'unknowable'.