ECT So what or Who rules you?

Cross Reference

Spoken by Jesus to His Disciples before the cross:

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless" I will come to you. . . . "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:17,18 (KJV)

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe." John 14:28-29 (KJV)

This was the fulfillment AFTER the cross and resurrection:

Jesus appears to His Disciples in the upper room. . . .

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you". And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, "Receive ye the Holy Ghost" . . John 20:21,22 (KJV)

So to you who "boast in the Lord", who really does rule you? Is it still the vanity of your "flesh" or the beauty of the indwelling Holy Spirit? Whose DNA in you do you purpose to be your "comforter"?

Last edited: