Prove That Sunday Is The Christian Sabbath

clefty

Try actually hearing what others say so that you do not make such a buffoon out of yourself. No wonder you cannot understand the scripture, no wonder you cannot understand the Gospel accounts containing the Testimony of Messiah, no wonder you uphold the Sanhedrin fourth-beast of the Apocalypse with its antichrist rulings and carnal injunctions. You should have listened and learned something by now but you cannot hear because you love the mark that is already plastered in the boil in your forehead via the Sanhedrin beast. You deny Messiah who nailed their faulty and carnal minded decrees, ordinances, and handwritten dogmas to the stake. The Torah is spiritual, but just as Paul says, your end is death because you walk according to the flesh. You think your path is the narrow way? Then why do you bow to the Sanhedrin beast that killed the Messiah? Two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon: Ananus ben Seth, Ab-bet-Din of the Sanhedrin, Yoseph Caiaphas, Nasi-Prince of the Sanhedrin, O dead man walking. :chuckle:

Oh my you are going to get a lot of points around here for that...your reward

clefty

Jesus is our Sabbath rest, we are saved by faith, and not of by works. A NO WORK rule was in place for the Sabbath day. Faith and NO WORKS save us; however, Jesus says it is UNLAWFUL to do evil on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, and Jesus said it was LAWFUL to do good on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, see Luke 6:9. Don't be confused and think we are saved by faith means we do not have to do ANY works. Don't think it means we do not have to obey God. We have to have living faith, and that is faith with obedience. The works no one has to do anymore are these, but we still have to do good and obey Jesus:

Jesus is not a week day...the seventh

“For Yah so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish shall have ETERNAL life”

Now anyone who believed in Him still died...and turned to dust...did He LIE? No the promise He made for eternal life did not make void the death of this temporal one...just like the promise of rest He gives does NOT cancel the temporal rest of the Sabbath...

Last edited:

God's Truth

Jesus is not a week day...the seventh

“For Yah so loved the wood that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish shall have ETERNAL life”

Now anyone who believed in Him still died...and turned to dust...did He LIE? No the promise He made for eternal life did not make void the death of this temporal one...just like the promise of rest He gives does NOT cancel the temporal rest of the Sabbath...

Again, you are putting a day at the throne with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The day was about Jesus.

It was a shadow of what was coming.

Jesus isn't a literal Rock, or a literal lamb, or a literal day.

God's Truth

that right there...I think we found the problem

confirmation of said problem...you don’t have a case

thanks for your reaction...reveals the heart...Paul said they ARE shadows that still point...The letter of Hebrews affirms the same and insists that for His people a sabbath keeping (that is work six days and rest the seventh day) REMAINS...

As it is a sign which makes His Holy...and in the future Isaiah has all saved flesh down on the list as coming to worship Sabbath to Sabbath...

You are exposing what is in your heart and it is not good.

Wick Stick

This point was the time of the apostles and we see no other day established yet you said

“God gave the first day for assembly, at the time of the apostles.”
The Pauline epistles are among the earliest written. It was after that.

No...seeing 85 Sundays recorded as new times of assembly established by God...now THAT would support what you are saying...
You're not listening. You keep trying to change my argument back to 'Sunday replaced Saturday.' That is not my argument. Quit putting words in my mouth.

Sunday did not displace Saturday as a "new time of assembly." Sabbaths are not and never were ordained as times of assembly. Sabbaths were ordained for rest. Rest does not equal assembly. Can you process that?

You know, for a Sabbatarian, you really don't seem to understand what this whole Sabbath thing is about. :rotfl:

daqq

Oh my you are going to get a lot of points around here for that...your reward

Points or no points what I told you is true. Beware the leaven of Herod, and the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of the Sadducees: for the kingdom of the heavens is like unto leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour until the whole lump was leavened, and you are the lump, O man. Herod is likened to the lion of gold, (and his wings were plucked just before he died, lol, it is in Josephus), and the Pharisees are likened to the bear, that is, two houses with one house raised up on one side, (the house of Hillel), and the Sadducees are like a leopard with four heads in their four divisions, (including the Lawyers and the Scribes). The fourth beast is a conglomeration of them all, which rose up from "the sea" of all the people of Israel, that is, the Sanhedrin: the beast whom you bow to in your interpretation of the Shabbat, even though you have been shown in many places how and why your interpretation of the Shabbat is faulty, including more recently how you were shown even in one of your own threads, which you did not even respond to. You are rejecting the Testimony of the Messiah in favor of the Sanhedrin rulings concerning what Shabbat is supposed to be: for the same reason the Yhudim sought to kill the Messiah and finally succeeded.

John 5:16-18a
16 And for this cause the Yhudim pursued Yeshua, because he did these things in the Shabbat.
17 But he answered them, MY FATHER HAS BEEN WORKING EVEN UNTIL RIGHT NOW, AND I ALSO WORK!
18a For this cause therefore the Yhudim sought all the more to kill him:

Can you not understand what the statement from Joh5:17 means? The Shabbat Rest of Creation was not even yet fulfilled: for all the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, (Mat11:13). The Son of Man is indeed the Master of the Shabbat: but you do not understand what he teaches about the Shabbat in the Gospel accounts, and this I know because you continually ignore his Testimony when it is presented to you, as has been done many times elsewhere.

TrevorL

Greetings again clefty,
Trevor: “Much of what you say here is correct, but our rest is in Christ Matthew 11:25-30”
http://www.icogsfg.org/heb-4-9.html
At rest with Him every day is not keeping the Sabbath as that rest is a day...and after following six others of work temporal work and spiritual hence His giving us HIS YOKE...
https://hermeneutics.stackexchange....e-have-for-defining-sabbatismos-in-hebrews-49
We are to enter that rest just as Yah did...He rested a day after six days of work...He did NOT enter a promised land or state of constant cessation of work...
I looked at your two articles, but I suggest that Hebrew 3 and 4 as a composite whole consider the subject of Rest and the Sabbath and are teaching that the True Rest, the True Sabbath is in Christ. Yes God created for six days and then ceased or rested, and this was remembered by means of the weekly Sabbath. But this weekly Sabbath pointed forward to the True Rest in Christ. Hebrews 3 speaks of Today as being the opportunity to believe, and to enter into the rest. It does not say wait to the Sabbath to have rest, but Today. This is a one off event, similar to the rest by God after the creation, which was a one- off event. When David spoke these words the nation was already keeping the 7-day Sabbath, but here is another invitation to enter into Rest. The believer in Christ has entered this state:
Hebrews 4:8-10 (KJV): 8 For if Jesus (or Joshua) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest (a Sabbath rest) to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
This is not talking of the need for them to keep the weekly Sabbath, but of the need to enter into the true Rest, a one-off event, when we come unto Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor

clefty

Again, you are putting a day at the throne with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
not at all...does one do that with the commandment thou shalt not kill when reminding a brother not to kill? Or how about thou shalt not steal? Or lie...is not baring false witness elevating a command to the level of Yah? No not at all...it is what He asked of us to do...to abid in His love...and live...in this life and in the next...or do you think we can lie in the next?

Forums like this one will indeed NOT happen in the next life...

The day was about Jesus.
nope...about creation...and then salvation from egypt...and twice clearly stated that the law IS...NOT...WAS...but is present tense and binding...STILL

It was a shadow of what was coming.
STILL

Jesus isn't a literal Rock, or a literal lamb, or a literal day.
yup I agree...not a literal day of the week either...

clefty

The Pauline epistles are among the earliest written. It was after that.
ok any more specific please when God appointed the first day as day of assembly...thanks...just links are ok

You're not listening. You keep trying to change my argument back to 'Sunday replaced Saturday.' That is not my argument. Quit putting words in my mouth.
fair enough then clarify yourself with why the day of rest no longer is customary but the day of assembly is...actually not even the whole day but just a few hours in the morning early afternoon...

Sunday did not displace Saturday as a "new time of assembly." Sabbaths are not and never were ordained as times of assembly. Sabbaths were ordained for rest. Rest does not equal assembly. Can you process that?
It was exemplified many times that they assembled to worship and rest on that day ordained...Yahushua Himself assembled on that day and beyond the one He announced His ministry open for business...

You know, for a Sabbatarian, you really don't seem to understand what this whole Sabbath thing is about. :rotfl:
what seems to you is indeed off...

clefty

Points or no points what I told you is true. Beware the leaven of Herod, and the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of the Sadducees: for the kingdom of the heavens is like unto leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour until the whole lump was leavened, and you are the lump, O man. Herod is likened to the lion of gold, (and his wings were plucked just before he died, lol, it is in Josephus), and the Pharisees are likened to the bear, that is, two houses with one house raised up on one side, (the house of Hillel), and the Sadducees are like a leopard with four heads in their four divisions, (including the Lawyers and the Scribes). The fourth beast is a conglomeration of them all, which rose up from "the sea" of all the people of Israel, that is, the Sanhedrin: the beast whom you bow to in your interpretation of the Shabbat, even though you have been shown in many places how and why your interpretation of the Shabbat is faulty, including more recently how you were shown even in one of your own threads, which you did not even respond to. You are rejecting the Testimony of the Messiah in favor of the Sanhedrin rulings concerning what Shabbat is supposed to be: for the same reason the Yhudim sought to kill the Messiah and finally succeeded.

John 5:16-18a
16 And for this cause the Yhudim pursued Yeshua, because he did these things in the Shabbat.
17 But he answered them, MY FATHER HAS BEEN WORKING EVEN UNTIL RIGHT NOW, AND I ALSO WORK!
18a For this cause therefore the Yhudim sought all the more to kill him:

Can you not understand what the statement from Joh5:17 means? The Shabbat Rest of Creation was not even yet fulfilled: for all the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, (Mat11:13). The Son of Man is indeed the Master of the Shabbat: but you do not understand what he teaches about the Shabbat in the Gospel accounts, and this I know because you continually ignore his Testimony when it is presented to you, as has been done many times elsewhere.

Rest was instituted prior the fall...after which it became even more a necessary blessing...He being the goal not the end of our need of rest...He and the Father did not work to ENDthe Law but to its GOAL to reconcile us to Him through it...and its Sabbath...through HIM KEEPING THE LAW AND ITS SABBATH...He stole it back from the jews...healing non emergency cases on that day rather than any other merely to provoke the Leavened ones...

clefty

Greetings again clefty, I looked at your two articles, but I suggest that Hebrew 3 and 4 as a composite whole consider the subject of Rest and the Sabbath and are teaching that the True Rest, the True Sabbath is in Christ. Yes God created for six days and then ceased or rested, and this was remembered by means of the weekly Sabbath. But this weekly Sabbath pointed forward to the True Rest in Christ. Hebrews 3 speaks of Today as being the opportunity to believe, and to enter into the rest. It does not say wait to the Sabbath to have rest, but Today. This is a one off event, similar to the rest by God after the creation, which was a one- off event. When David spoke these words the nation was already keeping the 7-day Sabbath, but here is another invitation to enter into Rest. The believer in Christ has entered this state:
Hebrews 4:8-10 (KJV): 8 For if Jesus (or Joshua) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest (a Sabbath rest) to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
This is not talking of the need for them to keep the weekly Sabbath, but of the need to enter into the true Rest, a one-off event, when we come unto Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor

A one off event? So no need of future rest? You have yours now. Fair enough.

Consider my sandals dusted...

and thanks...

daqq

Rest was instituted prior the fall...after which it became even more a necessary blessing...He being the goal not the end of our need of rest...He and the Father did not work to ENDthe Law but to its GOAL to reconcile us to Him through it...and its Sabbath...through HIM KEEPING THE LAW AND ITS SABBATH...He stole it back from the jews...healing non emergency cases on that day rather than any other merely to provoke the Leavened ones...

No, it was not, and that was explained in my thread where you wanted nothing to do with the topic and only wanted to enforce literal physical circumcision onto the scripture showing once again that you bow to the Sanhedrin beast and all fleshly and physical interpretations of a holy and spiritual Word of Elohim.

TrevorL

Greetings again clefty,
A one off event? So no need of future rest? You have yours now. Fair enough.
Yes, there is the future rest, but Hebrews 4:10 speaks of a one-off event. Notice in the following “hath ceased”:
Hebrews 4:10 (KJV): For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
We rest in Christ NOW, waiting for the greater rest in the Kingdom. The present rest is not once a week. It commences when we come to Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor

clefty

Greetings again clefty,
Yes, there is the future rest, but Hebrews 4:10 speaks of a one-off event. Notice in the following “hath ceased”:
Hebrews 4:10 (KJV): For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
We rest in Christ NOW, waiting for the greater rest in the Kingdom. The present rest is not once a week. It commences when we come to Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor

You are fortunate I have two sandals...ha

Hath ceased from his own works...as Yah did from His...His day His rest from His works...His Day given for our rest from our works...and when this day of rest is over we continue to work...as He did in His...

Verse 11 “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief”

All this was written to the Hebrews Jews living greek...who fully understand to enter THAT rest lest any of them fall into disobedience as their ancestors did making an example not to follow...but remain obedient to the law...labor and enter THAT rest and remain obedient and NOT like those in verse 4-6...

God's Truth

not at all...does one do that with the commandment thou shalt not kill when reminding a brother not to kill? Or how about thou shalt not steal? Or lie...is not baring false witness elevating a command to the level of Yah? No not at all...it is what He asked of us to do...to abid in His love...and live...in this life and in the next...or do you think we can lie in the next?

Forums like this one will indeed NOT happen in the next life...

The problem with your misunderstanding is that you fail to believe the scriptures that special days were about Jesus and now day are worthless.

There are no shadows in Christ.

Do not murder and special days are worthless are both things to believe and obey.

nope...about creation...and then salvation from egypt...and twice clearly stated that the law IS...NOT...WAS...but is present tense and binding...STILL

STILL
There is a new law. The new law is the old law with some changes.
Do you purify yourself to God? Do you get circumcised and adhere to the other purification works instead of only relying on the blood of Jesus?

clefty

The problem with your misunderstanding is that you fail to believe the scriptures that special days were about Jesus and now day are worthless.

There are no shadows in Christ.

Do not murder and special days are worthless are both things to believe and obey.

There is a new law. The new law is the old law with some changes.
Do you purify yourself to God? Do you get circumcised and adhere to the other purification works instead of only relying on the blood of Jesus?

Even “Do not murder”is worthless now?...oh my we are down to 8 of the 10 which means someone’s is lying...YOU...so that is 7 out 10 and if you do murder you steal worship and if you dont keep sabbath you steal worship so that makes it 6 out of 10...maybe you made a new idol as stubbornness is considered as idolatry ask Samuel... and worshipping falsely is also not good so that is 5 out of 10

Think I better stop...I appreciate you insist you obey and do works after claiming you wear His yoke you do yes? But you are choosing to do only about 50% of what His who wear His yoke do...doing AS HE DID...JUST AS in order to abide in His love as He did to abide in His Father’s love doing His will...which includes ALL 10 not just whatever you want...

God's Truth

Even “Do not murder”is worthless now?
Murder is worthless and so is observing special days.

...oh my we are down to 8 of the 10 which means someone’s is lying...YOU...so that is 7 out 10 and if you do murder you steal worship and if you dont keep sabbath you steal worship so that makes it 6 out of 10...maybe you made a new idol as stubbornness is considered as idolatry ask Samuel... and worshipping falsely is also not good so that is 5 out of 10

Think I better stop...I appreciate you insist you obey and do works after claiming you wear His yoke you do yes? But you are choosing to do only about 50% of what His who wear His yoke do...doing AS HE DID...JUST AS in order to abide in His love as He did to abide in His Father’s love doing His will...which includes ALL 10 not just whatever you want...

You are falsely accusing me, and you falsely judge the Apostle Paul who says special days are worthless when it comes to salvation.