"Christ is the End of the Law" Romans 10:4

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You're claiming Jesus was promoting welfare...or living off payments from the Army?

Jesus is teaching us not to fight spiritual things with carnal reasoning.

Jesus does not get involved in people's petty bickering.

jaybird

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

If Jesus did not abolish the law we do not have a Gospel, nor do we have salvation. If Jesus did not abolish the law for us, in the judgment we will be condemned. Our only hope is to stand before God "In Christ" and to be found perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If we are still under the law there is no hope that will happen.

if Jesus abolished the law then why did Jesus, James, the 12 and st Paul all follow and obey the law?

in order to follow the "abolished law" philosophy the first step is to deviate from the example of Christ who followed the law.

clefty

Resting in the Lord is not being slothful. It's being obedient.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

No no you said stop working in Him...and that text just means He is doing the work in you...to get you to work...the irony...but you just want to rest...probably think we didnt work in Eden or wont have to work in the new world...Isaiah lying and all about all that coming to worship Sabbath to Sabbath...

clefty

I've read where others make that same claim.

Jesus called us to work, not rest.

The purpose of salvation is service, not retirement.

I read He said He is a vine, door, path, bread, water shephard...nothing about a day of the week

Give you rest sure...like He gave us the Sabbath day...

Lord of the Sabbath sure...but why would the Lord of London wish to abolish/destroy London?

glorydaz

clefty

Jesus did all the work for His followers so they don't have to.

Oh no not you too...ok put off the whole armor of Yah...its over...nothing left to do...dont go preaching and teaching the gospel...

The new covenant was signed by His blood and sealed by His death...AFTER He taught and demonstrated it with His life...after the testator dies NO CHANGES...resting everyday is exactly that...resting sundays is exactly changing a SEALED covenant...is why the very first day of the new covenant age was kept by Him in the tomb and His followers hurrying to keep the commandment...Paul kept it as Heb 4:9 clearly states it remains for His people to keep...a sabbath keeping...not everyday rest...

Now saddle up His yoke and work...represent Him propers would ya

meshak

BANNED
Banned
To work or not to work...that is the question. :chuckle:

And here I thought REST was the question. ;)

Worldly work is heavy burden, IMO.

The world expects you to compete with one another so you can have American dream.

Jesus gives us spiritual work which is not of this world.

This world is fighting over political things. I don't think that is light work. It is heavy burden.

CherubRam

Matthew 5:17-19.
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of (the / these) commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches (the / these) commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the (enmity / hostility), even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Romans 10:4
Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

clefty

Has not being "allowed" to kill ever stopped a killer? Has not being allowed to steal ever stopped a thief.
no...is why they are a killer...you gotta do it...it has stopped people who are not killers or thieves...imagine that...defines them reveals the heart...

The law is simply a list of rules.
nope...actually more like a description of what it is like with Him...where He is...where we are headed...on earth as it is in heaven...

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
yeah ok typos prevents you from seeing that the sabbath commandment of the 10 is the ONLY one given to foreigners non Israelites...and the other 9 were only given to Israel and yet you keep them...I am guessing?

clefty

You're claiming Jesus was promoting welfare...or living off payments from the Army?

LOL only because you insist He is a rest day...everyday all days...but you are wrong...He knows you will have to keep eating from the sweat of your brow...NEWSFLASH sin or its consequences have NOT been removed...the curse remains...not lifted yet...is WHY we need the seventh literal day of rest after the six literal daze of working...

clefty

Jesus is teaching us not to fight spiritual things with carnal reasoning.

Jesus does not get involved in people's petty bickering.

Well Meshak I would recommend you make some changes so He becomes more involved with your TOL life...lol

glorydaz

Oh no not you too...ok put off the whole armor of Yah...its over...nothing left to do...dont go preaching and teaching the gospel...

The new covenant was signed by His blood and sealed by His death...AFTER He taught and demonstrated it with His life...after the testator dies NO CHANGES...resting everyday is exactly that...resting sundays is exactly changing a SEALED covenant...is why the very first day of the new covenant age was kept by Him in the tomb and His followers hurrying to keep the commandment...Paul kept it as Heb 4:9 clearly states it remains for His people to keep...a sabbath keeping...not everyday rest...

Now saddle up His yoke and work...represent Him propers would ya

Belief means one has ceased from his own works.

Heb. 4:10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

We see the same thing here from the Jews. Going about in their zeal for law keeping in order to establish their own righteousness, did not submit unto the righteousness of God.

Romans 10:2-3 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

clefty

if Jesus abolished the law then why did Jesus, James, the 12 and st Paul all follow and obey the law?

in order to follow the "abolished law" philosophy the first step is to deviate from the example of Christ who followed the law.

Nice...where you been? Resting all day? Lotta works to be done up in this place...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.