The Lord's Table

DAN P

Why don't you observe the Passover Jesus instituted for his people?

Hi , because I am not a Jew !!

Notice that they will not eat and drink , when I drink it new with you in my Father's Kingdom , so where it that to happen ??

Between the firstr supper and now , 2000 years have passed !!

Not for today !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
But Jesus said, "but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"

My Father and your Father would be the same Father.

Our biological father gives us life, but our Spirit Father gives us eternal life.
Jesus was speaking to His BRETHREN as in ISRAEL.

Jesus was an Israelite and so were the brethren that He was talking about.

MennoSota

The word "adopt" is a faulty translation.

Jesus Christ is the Messenger from the Father.

What he says is true.

No, it's not faulty. Multiple English translations, where the translations are peer reviewed, use the word adopt.
The problem seems to be that you deny the deity of Jesus and make him lower than God. Jesus is not a "messenger" or angel. Jesus is God, the Creator and sustainer of all things.
What God says is that He adopted us from before the foundation of the world.

John 1:1-5,9-14
[1]In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2]He existed in the beginning with God.
[3]God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.
[4]The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.
[5]The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
[9]The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
[10]He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him.
[11]He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.
[12]But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
[13]They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
[14]So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

genuineoriginal

Notice that they will not eat and drink , when I drink it new with you in my Father's Kingdom , so where it that to happen ??
Read the verse again, it states Jesus will not eat and drink until He does it in His Father's kingdom.

Matthew 26:29
29 [JESUS]But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.[/JESUS]​

However, Jesus commanded His disciples to eat and drink in remembrance of Him.

Luke 22:17-20
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, [JESUS]Take this, and divide it among yourselves:[/JESUS]
18 [JESUS]For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.[/JESUS]
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, [JESUS]This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.[/JESUS]
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, [JESUS]This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.[/JESUS]​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
[12]But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
[13]They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

That's what I said, not adopted but born of God.

MennoSota

How does one gain the right to be children of God?
How can a dead person believe?

That's what I said, not adopted but born of God.

"[12]But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God."

God gives us life. God adopts us. We believe because God gives us faith.
We are made a new creation in Christ.
Jesus (God) adopts us.
Why do you reject God's adoption of sinners?

MennoSota

Thanks for your diagnosis, but I do not deny Jesus is God.
Do you make yourself out to be God? You are placing Christians on the same level as Jesus and since you rightly declare he is God, do you therefore say you are God?
Remember what God tells us.
Romans 8
[15]So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”
Ephesians 1:4-5
[4]Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
[5]God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you make yourself out to be God? You are placing Christians on the same level as Jesus and since you rightly declare he is God, do you therefore say you are God?

"Beloved, now we are children of God and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is." (1 John 3:2)

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ." (Romans 8:17)

"Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead that we should bear fruit to God." (Romans 7:4)

We are a mate and a helper to Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
"Beloved, now we are children of God and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is." (1 John 3:2)

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ." (Romans 8:17)

"Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead that we should bear fruit to God." (Romans 7:4)

We are a mate and a helper to Jesus Christ.
jamie, the great conflater