Peter Strozof FBI: There's No Big There There

WizardofOz

The full context of the texts is not entirely clear. But if they are indeed discussing the Mueller probe, Strzok also wrote that it could be "in the history books" and "maybe the most important case of our lives" -- and later mentioned an "investigation leading to Impeachment?" Fox News

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:liberals:
I haven't even discussed it. I was responding to the opening post.

Whatever Strzok's gut feeling was about the Mueller investigation prior to July of 2017 is irrelevant.

Do you agree?
His opinion would be just his opinion.
But the implication from several of his texts was that he was not concerned with any other "wrongs" being done other than by Trump.
And the further implication is that he would coddle anything brought up against Clinton and anyone else and leave it buried.
And his bias was obvious.

WizardofOz

His opinion would be just his opinion.
But the implication from several of his texts was that he was not concerned with any other "wrongs" being done other than by Trump.
And the further implication is that he would coddle anything brought up against Clinton and anyone else and leave it buried.
And his bias was obvious.

He "labeled Clinton's actions as "grossly negligent". Strzok's colleagues and a former Trump administration official said that Strzok had never shown any political bias. According to FBI guidelines, agents are allowed to have and express political opinions as individuals. Former FBI and DOJ officials told The Hill that it was not uncommon for agents like Strzok to hold political opinions and still conduct an impartial investigation."

Yet Mueller removed him anyway. The only place where there is no "there there" is in regard to Pater Strzok. "Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein who said that he would only fire Mueller if there was actual cause under DOJ regulations, and that no such cause existed. Rosenstein also praised Mueller for removing Strzok from the Russian investigation itself."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He "labeled Clinton's actions as "grossly negligent". Strzok's colleagues and a former Trump administration official said that Strzok had never shown any political bias. According to FBI guidelines, agents are allowed to have and express political opinions as individuals. Former FBI and DOJ officials told The Hill that it was not uncommon for agents like Strzok to hold political opinions and still conduct an impartial investigation."

Yet Mueller removed him anyway. The only place where there is no "there there" is in regard to Pater Strzok. "Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein who said that he would only fire Mueller if there was actual cause under DOJ regulations, and that no such cause existed. Rosenstein also praised Mueller for removing Strzok from the Russian investigation itself."
After reading the text messages that are available (who knows what the 'lost' messages may reveal), I don't blame them for firing Strzok.

WizardofOz

After reading the text messages that are available (who knows what the 'lost' messages may reveal), I don't blame them for firing Strzok.

Me either. I think it's a personal blunder on his part and he was rightly removed. This isn't evidence for some 'deep state' FBI conspiracy against Trump though either.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Me either. I think it's a personal blunder on his part and he was rightly removed. This isn't evidence for some 'deep state' FBI conspiracy against Trump though either.
Right.
I would concede that it does not make the entire FBI biased and corrupt, but only that there is corruption and bias within that needs to be weeded out in order for the whole of the FBI to operate as intended.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Yet Mueller removed him anyway.

Probably a wise move. It completely undercut the Trump attempt to use it as a diversion. Trump's own acting AG praised Mueller for his handling of the issue.

WizardofOz

Nah, there's no deep state or shadow government. Everybody's on the up and up.

Fine but are the Peter Strzok text messages evidence for this particular conspiracy theory? If you think so, explain how it is.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Fine but are the Peter Strzok text messages evidence for this particular conspiracy theory? If you think so, explain how it is.
No, I think he's dumb and probably trying to look cool to his mistress. People above him pull all the strings. People you'll never hear about.