The natural man cannot receive the gospel !

glorydaz

This post and thread is about the natural man cant receive the Gospel, its foolishness to them, hence they cant believe the Gospel to be saved.

No verse says the natural man can't receive the Gospel, but this verse says faith comes by hearing the word of God.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.​

Try hearing the Gospel being preached....reading the Word. You can be saved yet.

beloved57

No verse says the natural man can't receive the Gospel, but this verse says faith comes by hearing the word of God.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.​

Try hearing the Gospel being preached....reading the Word. You can be saved yet.

Yes it does. You just ignored it.

God's Truth

Yep.

And Paul was referring to various, failed means of relying on the senses for perception.

His meaning is that his spirit had received information about the things of God from the Spirit of God Himself (which is why the lower case "spirit" in those passages, at least in the KJV).

Paul was contrasting what had been the basis of his perception with what is the basis of other modes of perception.

The thing there about the natural man is the issue of how that what Paul's "spirit" had received from God's Spirit was not information that relying on one's natural senses is able to come up with, let alone, fathom.

He is not saying the natural man can not understand those things (after they are revealed), rather; that the natural man is not able to come up with them on his own - they were - the things of God - that only God had known of until He - revealed them by His Spirit - to - and through - Paul's spirit, to his readers.

Readers who though saved, could not discern his words on said things of God because they were "yet carnal" 1 Cor. 3.

This is all the same issue Paul has been going on about in that chapter, in different words, each time.

The sense of it all is the same as that of Peter's in 2 Peter 1.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Both men were merely talking about The Process of Devine Inspiration.

Peter's having been in connection with that which had been Prophesied.

In contrast, Paul's sense had been in connection with that which had not been Prophesied...

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Note the contrast between those Believers whom Paul relates Isaiah had written that to, and those Believers to whom Paul writes about the following revelation to, and he then goes into, for a brief moment....

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Acts 17:11, 12.

Jesus chooses to save those who fear God and who do what is right.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.

God's Truth

gt

False teaching ! Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His death while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

Being reconciled while enemies is about the Gentiles not having to get circumcised first.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

beloved57

Being reconciled while enemies is about the Gentiles not having to get circumcised first.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

False comments!

beloved57

Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The word see here is the greek word eidō:

1. to know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive

And the Kingdom of God here is simply another form of expression for the Gospel of Jesus Christ or the things concerning Him. Like when written in the Acts 28:31

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Now Jesus declares with all solemnity that a person cannot understand those things unless born again !

Not until the New Birth from above, which gives one new Spiritual Life, we dont have the Spiritual faculties to receive Spiritual Truth as Per Paul 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man simply is anyone who hasnt been born again.

The natural man cant spiritually discern the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Now this doesnt mean that the natural man cannot naturally hear and digest the things of God, but he cant spiritually hear and digest them !

oatmeal

1 Cor 2:14

14 [FONT=&]But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It should be no question that the things of the Spirit of God here is the Gospel, and they must be spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is called foolishness to the natural man again here by Paul 1 Cor 1:18

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Now the Gospel is light 2 Cor 4:4

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the [/FONT]light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

However, darkness cannot comprehend the light Jn 1:5

[FONT=&]And the [/FONT]light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

And men by nature are darkness until made light in the Lord Eph 5:8

[FONT=&]For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

As long as we are darkness by nature, we cannot comprehend the Gospel, the things of God in it, it will be foolishness unto us.

The carnal natural mind is at enmity against God Rom 8:7

[/FONT]
7 [FONT=&]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

This is true even if its naturally moral and religious ![/FONT]

You mean that the natural man cannot read scripture?

How absolutely ignorant and foolish!

Nanja

Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The word see here is the greek word eidō:

1. to know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive

And the Kingdom of God here is simply another form of expression for the Gospel of Jesus Christ or the things concerning Him. Like when written in the Acts 28:31

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Now Jesus declares with all solemnity that a person cannot understand those things unless born again !

Not until the New Birth from above, which gives one new Spiritual Life, we dont have the Spiritual faculties to receive Spiritual Truth as Per Paul 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man simply is anyone who hasnt been born again.

The natural man cant spiritually discern the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Now this doesnt mean that the natural man cannot naturally hear and digest the things of God, but he cant spiritually hear and digest them !

Exactly! The ability to spiritually hear and believe the Gospel must be preceded by being Born of God, or Born from Above: Given a New Spirit Ezek. 36:26; John 3:27, to equip a person to see [understand] the Gospel according to the Power of God 2 Tim. 1:8-9.

beloved57

Exactly! The ability to spiritually hear and believe the Gospel must be preceded by being Born of God, or Born from Above: Given a New Spirit Ezek. 36:26; John 3:27, to equip a person to see [understand] the Gospel according to the Power of God 2 Tim. 1:8-9.

Amen!

beloved57

Regeneration must precede Faith simply because Faith requires a Spiritual Hearing Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Jesus says that one is of God [born of God] to hear Gods Words Jn 8:43,47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Man naturally cant hear Gods Word Spiritually. Yes we can hear naturally like even these jews Jesus spake to could, but not Spiritually. So regeneration [being of God must go before Faith !

God's Truth

Regeneration must precede Faith simply because Faith requires a Spiritual Hearing Rom 10:17

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Man naturally cant hear Gods Word Spiritually. Yes we can hear naturally like even these jews Jesus spake to could, but not Spiritually. So regeneration [being of God must go before Faith !

Regeneration means one received the Holy Spirit.

No one who does not first believe and obey cannot receive the Holy Spirit.

God does not save unbelievers.

God does not save those who hate Him.

Nanja

Absolutely Brother!

A spiritually dead person [unregenerate] is prevented from hearing / comprehending God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13. So it's not possible for a person to hear the Gospel unto Salvation if he/she isn't first Born of the Spirit of God John 8:43, 47.

And it's only the portion of mankind who are God's Elect, Jesus' Sheep, who are those that shall Hear His Voice John 10:27 because they are given Hearing ears by which Faith cometh Rom. 10:17.

Prov. 20:12
The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

beloved57

Absolutely Brother!

A spiritually dead person [unregenerate] is prevented from hearing / comprehending God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13. So it's not possible for a person to hear the Gospel unto Salvation if he/she isn't first Born of the Spirit of God John 8:43, 47.

And it's only the portion of mankind who are God's Elect, Jesus' Sheep, who are those that shall Hear His Voice John 10:27 because they are given Hearing ears by which Faith cometh Rom. 10:17.

Prov. 20:12
The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Amen !

beloved57

See man by nature , his mind is naturally opposed and at enmity against God, so says the scripture Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Please understand its enmity against the True God of scripture. Man naturally may be reconciled to a god, the god of his own darkened understanding, but Paul speaks here of the True God. The carnal mind is simply any person who hasnt been born again, they're in the flesh.

Nanja

See man by nature , his mind is naturally opposed and at enmity against God, so says the scripture Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Please understand its enmity against the True God of scripture. Man naturally may be reconciled to a god, the god of his own darkened understanding, but Paul speaks here of the True God. The carnal mind is simply any person who hasnt been born again, they're in the flesh.

Amen, man by nature is in total opposition to the True God and His Gospel, and the only remedy is to be made Spiritually Alive [passively] in New Birth Ezek. 36:26-27, which shall occur in time for all who were reconciled to God while being His enemies Rom. 5:9-10 because of the Obedience of Christ on their behalf Rom. 5:19.