Trump Keeps Winning

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
7690143_1483166526.jpg

"Patrick Jane" is long on "alternate rhetoric" but short on logic!

When all is said and done, for the President to order that precautionary plans be made, to prevent Russia or any other foreign power from influencing the 2018 Interims, is something Democrats, Republicans and the American public would support!

Such an initiative would also make political sense - even if "The Donald," in his infinite wisdom, trusts the Russians, he could at least point to these precautions as a means to deflect criticism that he colluded with the Russians!

This President is taking a huge, and totally unnecessary risk - by taking the word of Vladimir Putin over that of America's 17 intelligence agencies, he will face certain impeachment if he's wrong, and go down in US history as the 21stC equivalent of "Benedict Arnold!"

I think you have a distorted view of reality, friend. You make too many assumptions that can't be verified. You're more or less a gossipy kind of malcontent.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
trump-gitmo-ad.jpg

All 6 intelligence directors agreed that the Russians will be back for the 2018 Interims, but this President, in his infinite wisdom, has refused to take even preliminary steps to combat Kremlin attempts to subvert the American public's faith in the election process!

"The Donald" is more concerned with his selfish, personal agenda, and willing to play "Russian roulette" with America's democratic institutions and intelligence agencies!

If the Russians disrupt the 2018 Interims, or worse, this President will have earned a one-way ticket to Guantanamo Bay!

You're a kind of "Wishful Dreamer." aren't you? Why don't you wake up and smell the Coffee, pal?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not surprising. A hundred years ago, most republicans favored civil rights and most democrats didn't. The lady was a republican for exactly the same reasons she would be a democrat today.

The parties switched positions.

I really don't buy that you're some kind of "Historian." You might fool your Grandkids with your Baloney, however, you're not dealing with little kids here, Grandpa. I really hated to be the one who broke it to you, I mean it, pal.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Not surprising. A hundred years ago, most republicans favored civil rights and most democrats didn't. The lady was a republican for exactly the same reasons she would be a democrat today.

I really don't buy that you're some kind of "Historian."

In the AF, I was stationed where the two activities were drinking and taking college courses. So I've got about 28 credit hours in history. You?

You might fool your Grandkids with your Baloney,

It's just a fact. You're perhaps too young to remember, but democrats, a couple of generations ago, were the ones pushing racial discrimination, and a good number of republicans were then opposing it. Would you like me to show you?

however, you're not dealing with little kids here, Grandpa.

You really don't know about it, do you? Change came slowly. Truman ordering desegregation of the military. LBJ pushing the Civil Rights Act through Congress. Nixon beginning the republican "southern strategy." Guys like Strom Thurmond and Jessie Helms moving over to the republican party.

Stuff like that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

In the AF, I was stationed where the two activities were drinking and taking college courses. So I've got about 28 credit hours in history. You?

It's just a fact. You're perhaps too young to remember, but democrats, a couple of generations ago, were the ones pushing racial discrimination, and a good number of republicans were then opposing it. Would you like me to show you?

You really don't know about it, do you? Change came slowly. Truman ordering desegregation of the military. LBJ pushing the Civil Rights Act through Congress. Nixon beginning the republican "southern strategy." Guys like Strom Thurmond and Jessie Helms moving over to the republican party.

Stuff like that.
The dems switched positions "publicly" for votes. It's all they've ever been concerned about. Then we have evidence of this ruse from LBJ's famous quote. I'll have these ------- voting democrat for 100 years." Stuff like that. It's only been about 55 years so far. LBJ's prediction may yet come true unless blacks and minorities catch on soon.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The dems switched positions "publicly" for votes.

As you know, the democrats knew they were throwing away an entire generation of voters in the deep south. Nixon saw his opportunity, and moved the republican party to the right and welcomed the racists into the GOP.

His own political advisor argued that it was smart politics. Would you like me to show you, again?

Maybe so. Nixon wasn't all that enthused about racism, but he and other republican leaders only cared about pandering to racists.

It's all they've ever been concerned about.

Yep.

Kevin Phillips, Nixon's political advisor:
From now on, the Re publicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 per cent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that . . . but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Dem ocrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and be come Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrange ment with the local Democrats.”
http://www.nytimes.com/1970/05/17/archives/nixons-southern-strategy-its-all-in-the-charts.html

You think black people don't know this? They're a lot smarter than you hope they are.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
62a8ca210e52869aed8c1c52cd912417.jpg

You think black people don't know this? They're a lot smarter than you hope they are.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As you know, the democrats knew they were throwing away an entire generation of voters in the deep south. Nixon saw his opportunity, and moved the republican party to the right and welcomed the racists into the GOP.

His own political advisor argued that it was smart politics. Would you like me to show you, again?

Maybe so. Nixon wasn't all that enthused about racism, but he and other republican leaders only cared about pandering to racists.

Yep.

From now on, the Re publicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 per cent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that . . . but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Dem ocrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and be come Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrange ment with the local Democrats.”
http://www.nytimes.com/1970/05/17/archives/nixons-southern-strategy-its-all-in-the-charts.html

You think black people don't know this? They're a lot smarter than you hope they are.
Yeah but . . . That was AFTER LBJ hatched his plans and made the quote saying they'd have the negro voting democrat for 100 years. It worked and Nixon was being honest, stating the facts. Nothing racist. He probably helped muder Kennedy as well. Fine bunch you're aligned with.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
http://www.nytimes.com/1970/05/17/ar...he-charts.html

Yeah but . . .

"Yahbut... Yahbut... Yahbut..."

That was AFTER LBJ hatched his plans

Sure. The Civil Rights Act gave the republicans their opening to court racists and bring them into the GOP. It helped that not a single republican from states south of the Mason-Dixon line voted for it.

Previous attempts, for example, after Truman integrated the military,failed. But Phillips realized how to make it work:
but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Dem ocrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and be come Republicans.

It worked and Nixon was being honest, stating the facts. Nothing racist.

Kevin Phillips, not Nixon, and while Nixon seems to have been a racist, Phillips was probably just eager for power, and indifferent as to how it was obtained.

Fine bunch you're aligned with.

And that brings us full circle. This is why, a hundred years ago, most blacks were republicans, and why today, most of them are democrats. They know who hates them, and they act accordingly.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What WILL the far-left Dems do once the Mueller investigation finds absolutely NO collusion anywhere? I suppose they'll just be forced to make up something else to put in its place.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
What WILL the far-left Dems do once the Mueller investigation finds absolutely NO collusion anywhere? I suppose they'll just be forced to make up something else to put in its place.

Oh, they will say it was subverted by conservatives somehow, or some such stupidity. They only care about fantasies and when one fantasy explodes they move on to the next one

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hey Barb, I'll bet if they placed YOU on a 'Hatred Scale' from one to ten, you'd go far above ten and "Break the Bank" so to say.

Instead of getting angry and venting at the Evil Barbarian, why not just pull some facts together showing that Trump always does what he says he will?

Wouldn't that be better? Of course it would.

Why don't you do that now?