If...

6days

If the present day version of the Bible is accurate and true there would be no need for textual criticism . The Bible was translated from Hebrew ,Greek , and Aramaic manuscripts to Latin, now you think that the Latin version is a true instance of the three....?
A translation is never perfect. Modern translations are reliable, due to the number of linguistic scholars... and the number of various translations. Most study Bibles have good foot notes explaining any possible doubt about the text. It's often a good idea to compare several translations if you question any particular passage. Any of the top 20 or so modern translations are all good,

Bee1

Fortunately historians and librarians and others don't agree with you.
Nontrinitarianism (or antitrinitarianism) refers to Christian belief systems that reject the doctrine of the Trinity as found in the Nicene Creed as not having a scriptural origin. Nontrinitarian views differ widely on the nature of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

6days

Nontrinitarianism (or antitrinitarianism) refers to Christian belief systems that reject the doctrine of the Trinity as found in the Nicene Creed as not having a scriptural origin. Nontrinitarian views differ widely on the nature of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
That doesn't really have anything to do with textual criticism, since that is a belief based on the entirety of Scripture. Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does. Here just a few of the many verses...
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

beameup

The Dead Sea Scrolls verify the Old Testament canon.
As well, there are many extra-canonical texts that
contain valuable information (and they are available).
Don't underestimate the ability of God to protect the Bible.

2003cobra

The Dead Sea Scrolls verify the Old Testament canon.
As well, there are many extra-canonical texts that
contain valuable information (and they are available).
Don't underestimate the ability of God to protect the Bible.
How?

There are documents in the DSS that are not OT canons (and there are at least 2) and, if I recall correctly, at least one book in the OT canons not in DSS.

Bee1

No, I am not saying that.
Are you saying that?
Trinity doctrine: Less than 300 years after the Bible was completed, a Trinitarian writer added to 1 John 5:7 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” That statement did not appear in the original text. “From the sixth century onwards,” notes Bible scholar Bruce Metzger, those words were “found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the [Latin] Vulgate.”

Divine name: Citing a Jewish superstition as their authority, many Bible translators decided to remove the divine name from the Scriptures. They replaced that name with titles such as “God” or “Lord,” expressions applied in the Bible not only to the Creator but also to men, objects of false worship, and even the Devil.—John 10:34, 35; 1 Corinthians 8:5, 6;2 Corinthians 4:4. *

6days

Trinity doctrine: Less than 300 years after the Bible was completed, a Trinitarian writer added to 1 John 5:7 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” That statement did not appear in the original text. “From the sixth century onwards,” notes Bible scholar Bruce Metzger, those words were “found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the [Latin] Vulgate.”
As mentioned before.... The belief Jesus is God (and the Holy Spirit) is not based on one verse but on ALL scripture.
Re. 1 John 5:7 most modern translations say something like " But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin."
Sound doctrine is never based on a single verse.

genuineoriginal

As mentioned before.... The belief Jesus is God (and the Holy Spirit) is not based on one verse but on ALL scripture.
The belief Jesus is God (and the Holy Spirit) is not based on one verse but on 0.3% of the Old Testament, 4% of the Gospels, and 7% of the rest of the New Testament.
It is definitely not based on ALL scripture.

6days

The belief Jesus is God (and the Holy Spirit) is not based on one verse but on 0.3% of the Old Testament, 4% of the Gospels, and 7% of the rest of the New Testament.
It is definitely not based on ALL scripture.
are you trying to tell me that the word Trinity is not in every verse of the Bible? Haha where oh where did you come up with your statistics?

daqq

Hmmm, so what are you suggesting?
Is there a modern translation which is reliable or do you not believe so?
Please do not say the NWT. :chuckle:
I think it's worth considering that the four gospels he chose weren't the four most reliable. Men chose four out of tens of gospels. They could easily have erred

To be honest, when I made that response, the OP only had two posts and was entirely a newcomer. The reason I said that about the NWT was mainly because I wanted to find out if we had two JW's in a row that were both tapatalking on a Samsung SM-J727P, for if so, my, my, what an unlikely "coincidence" that would be.

If Constantine had the power to take books out of the Bible, than he also had power to alter or change text that is in the Bible. Anything that Man has put his hands own will be changed forever !

Hmmm, so what are you suggesting?
Is there a modern translation which is reliable or do you not believe so?
Please do not say the NWT. :chuckle:

And apparently so if you follow the trails and links: but at least this one is not using the game show Jeopardy to bolster imaginary support for the NWT. :)

genuineoriginal

are you trying to tell me that the word Trinity is not in every verse of the Bible?
I haven't found the word Trinity in any verse of the Bible, have you?
Haha where oh where did you come up with your statistics?
It is a rough estimate of the number of verses used by Trinitarians to justify their beliefs.
The rough estimate of the number of verses used by anti-Trinitarians is:
3% of the Old Testament, 45% of the Gospels, and 16% of the rest of the New Testament.
That still leaves a lot of the Bible that says nothing either way.

Bee1

You are mistaken.
No he's not , Here you are , a good God fearing man willing to probably die for what you believe in , and all the time what you believe in , is partly base on a lie . "Man" made up the word TRINITY ( Roman Catholic Church) !