McCabe fired

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What this episode does reveal is just how ruthless Trump and his surrogates are prepared to be with those unwilling to swear allegiance to the "Dark Lord" - that will only strengthen our resolve to see this to the end!

Cracks are starting to appear...

GOP lawmaker: McCabe's firing ‘looks like retribution and a bit vindictive’

Republican Rep. Charlie Dent (Pa.) said Saturday that the firing of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe on Friday looked to be a "vindictive" move by the president.

In an interview with CNN, Dent said that while he would wait for the inspector general's report to judge McCabe, his firing looked like retribution from the White House.

"This firing looks a bit forced, a bit rushed. Candidly, it looks like retribution and a bit vindictive," Dent said. "And I think it's unfortunate. The man said he's resigning, you know, and on a Friday night before his 50th birthday he's fired to take away his pension? I don't like the optics of this, I really don't."

Dent added that he believed Attorney General Jeff Sessions was "browbeaten" into firing McCabe Friday night after weeks of public humiliation from President Trump.

"It looks like the attorney general may have been browbeaten into this, he's been publicly humiliated and shamed by the president on multiple occasions, and I just don't think this bodes well."

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...g-looks-like-retribution-and-a-bit-vindictive

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Outgoing Rep. Trey Gowdy on Sunday bristled at President Donald Trump's attorney John Dowd calling for the Justice Department to end the special counsel probe.

"If you have an innocent client, Mr. Dowd, act like it," the South Carolina Republican said on "Fox News Sunday."

Gowdy, who is chairman of the House Oversight Committee and sits on the Intelligence and Judiciary committees, said he believed Dowd had done the President "a disservice" by releasing a statement saying he prays that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will end the investigation led by former FBI Director Robert Mueller. Gowdy also spent six years as a federal prosecutor before being elected to Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/18/politics/trey-gowdy-john-dowd/index.html

Arthur Brain

I don't believe we can legislate morality. Guess that puts a cork in your yapper, don't it, brit?

As it happens, I didn't think you were as whacked out as Tambora who seems to think that there should be laws in place to punish "sexual misconduct". Just wanted you to confirm it, yank.

;)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
I don't believe we can legislate morality. Guess that puts a cork in your yapper, don't it, brit?

As it happens, I didn't think you were as whacked out as Tambora who seems to think that there should be laws in place to punish "sexual misconduct". Just wanted you to confirm it, yank.

;)

I expect shortly a thread by Tambora, "Why adultery MUST be recriminalized." :chuckle:

glorydaz

;)

I expect shortly a thread by Tambora, "Why adultery MUST be recriminalized." :chuckle:

You guys don't understand Tam any more than you understand Trump. :rotfl:

glorydaz

Outgoing Rep. Trey Gowdy on Sunday bristled at President Donald Trump's attorney John Dowd calling for the Justice Department to end the special counsel probe.

"If you have an innocent client, Mr. Dowd, act like it," the South Carolina Republican said on "Fox News Sunday."

Gowdy, who is chairman of the House Oversight Committee and sits on the Intelligence and Judiciary committees, said he believed Dowd had done the President "a disservice" by releasing a statement saying he prays that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will end the investigation led by former FBI Director Robert Mueller. Gowdy also spent six years as a federal prosecutor before being elected to Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/18/politics/trey-gowdy-john-dowd/index.html

He also said McCabe is is getting what he deserved.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You guys don't understand Tam any more than you understand Trump.

Behavior is a great index to character. Tambora's ambivalent attitude about punishing adulterers, is eerily similar to Connie's self-loathing regard for homosexuality.

To the point: the cover-up (so far) of the IG report seems intended to protect Sessions, who recused himself from anything involving accusations against Clinton. It appears that the firing of McCabe was related to his actions involving those accusations.

If so, Sessions is in more trouble. Possibly, Trump would be as well. Let's see what the report says. Prediction: Trump will stonewall the release of the report.

Arthur Brain

Yeah, and Trump meant it when he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it, too. :rotfl:

You think Tambora isn't serious on having laws that completely crack down on "sexual misconduct" GD? What, is she just having a laugh when she witters on about how people should be locked up for having sex outside of marriage?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, and Trump meant it when he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it, too. :rotfl:

Tam seems to be able to on one hand, call for laws punishing adultery, and on the other hand, she worships Trump who has made a career of adulterous behavior.

Surely you see the inconsistency. Who wouldn't?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Apparently, Trump has decided not to release the IG report, on which he says McCabe was fired. It seems that the report, if made public, would implicate Sessions violating his recusal, and possibly also implicate Trump in politicizing the department.

rexlunae

Well, that statement convinces me you're a bigger idiot than I would have imagined possible.

You've already excused a remarkable level of clear criminality, and cheered along with his attacks on the law enforcement officers who attempt to investigate him, preferring to believe that everyone else is corrupt instead of Trump. I'm sure you would doubt that he had actually fired the shot. Maybe it was the Deep State lead by Hillary Clinton instead.

glorydaz

You've already excused a remarkable level of clear criminality, and cheered along with his attacks on the law enforcement officers who attempt to investigate him, preferring to believe that everyone else is corrupt instead of Trump. I'm sure you would doubt that he had actually fired the shot. Maybe it was the Deep State lead by Hillary Clinton instead.

You've already showed your rear end....please don't wave it around like that.