ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

popsthebuilder

What is it?

(note to MADs and any others who know there's more than one: please refrain from debating this one. I expect very few responses to this question; whatever responses it does get will almost certainly be evasive and dishonest. Thanks much.)
To me the good news is that GOD is a surety; that HE not only knows us, but knew us before we where even given the gift of life on this world. Before we were, GOD knew us, and is ever merciful to those who believe on HIM. And though this blink may be full of what some percieve as hard; what is of GOD will surely return to the rest of GOD and witness the new heavenly abode.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

musterion

To me the good news is that GOD is a surety; that HE not only knows us, but knew us before we where even given the gift of life on this world. Before we were, GOD knew us, and is ever merciful to those who believe on HIM. And though this blink may be full of what some percieve as hard; what is of GOD will surely return to the rest of GOD and witness the new heavenly abode.

Okay.

So what exactly does this one good news require a lost person know and believe in order to be saved?

(no follow up to this, except to maybe ask for further clarification)

popsthebuilder

Okay.

So what exactly does this one good news require a lost person know and believe in order to be saved?

(no follow up to this, except to maybe ask for further clarification)
That we believe wholly in the Christ of GOD.

That is; that we believe GOD manifest in the flesh and dwelled/ dwells among us, and is our help and shows us the way, and did pay for our sins with His own body, and that His body was/ will be raised again on the third day(that is that the true believers on/ in Him will be raised with Him.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Interplanner

What is it?

(note to MADs and any others who know there's more than one: please refrain from debating this one. I expect very few responses to this question; whatever responses it does get will almost certainly be evasive and dishonest. Thanks much.)

You'll know when you decide what the problem of the Bible is--ie, what is mankind's problem that must be addressed?

God's Truth

Jesus preached the Good News, the Apostles taught the Good News, and Paul taught the same Good News.

Matthew 4:23
[ Jesus Heals the Sick ] Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35
[ The Workers Are Few ] Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.

Matthew 11:5
The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

Mark 1:1
[ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

Mark 1:14
[ Jesus Announces the Good News ] After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.

Mark 1:15
“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

Luke 3:18
And with many other words John exhorted the people and proclaimed the good news to them.

Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

Luke 4:43
But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”

Luke 7:22
So he replied to the messengers, “Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

Luke 8:1
[ The Parable of the Sower ] After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him,

Luke 9:6
So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Luke 16:16
[ Additional Teachings ] “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Luke 20:1
[ The Authority of Jesus Questioned ] One day as Jesus was teaching the people in the temple courts and proclaiming the good news, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, together with the elders, came up to him.

Acts 5:42
Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

Acts 14:15
“Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Acts 17:18
A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Romans 10:15
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Romans 10:16
But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”

Hebrews 4:2
For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

Hebrews 4:6
Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience,
7 God again set a certain day, calling it "Today." This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

There is one good news, Jesus Christ

Last edited:

God's Truth

Paul taught the SAME thing as John the baptizer taught and Jesus Christ himself.

Here is Paul:

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Here is John the baptizer preparing the way for Jesus:

Matthew 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Here is Jesus Christ himself at the start of his earthly ministry, and after John was arrested:

Mark 1:14After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 15“The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”

The condition for the good news for all is to believe and repent of your sins.

God's Truth

One gospel according to Jesus, and the one gospel taught by all

Matthew 24:14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Matthew 26:13Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
Mark 8:35For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
Mark 10:29“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel
Mark 13:10And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.
Mark 14:9Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
Mark 16:15He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Acts 8:25After they had further proclaimed the word of the Lord and testified about Jesus, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many Samaritan villages.
Acts 8:40Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea.
Acts 14:7where they continued to preach the gospel.
Acts 14:21[ The Return to Antioch in Syria ] They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch,
Acts 15:7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
Acts 16:10After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.
Romans 1:1Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—
Romans 1:2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
Romans 1:9God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
Romans 1:15That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.
Romans 1:16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Romans 1:17For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
Romans 11:28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,
Romans 15:16to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:19by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
Romans 15:20It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.

...and many more.

God's Truth

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea,

which are in Christ Jesus:

You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews

15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out.

They displease God and are hostile to everyone

16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved.

16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved.

In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.

God's Truth

This is Paul telling the Gentiles that they are imitator's of God's churches,
the Christian Jews:

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea,

Here Paul says that the JEWS are IN Christ Jesus. That proves they are in the body of Christ:

which are in Christ Jesus:

Here Paul says the Gentiles suffered like the Jews did by their own people:

You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews

Paul says they killed the Lord and that he Paul was drove out; which proves the same gospel Jesus preached and Paul preached the same:

15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out.

They displease God and are hostile to everyone

In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.

Myrrhcask

What is it?

Thanks for the post. It caused me to examine the scripture about the gospel.
Gospel just means good news.
There is the good news of the kingdom, and the good news of grace, and the good news of God.
But the good news that has the power of salvation to those who believe, Jew first and then gentile per Rom 1:18, is the good news of God concerning His Son, as Paul specifies earlier in the same chapter. Sorry, but I can't copy and paste the full quote easily or I would do so.
So, yes, there is one gospel for salvation to all who believe. Paul describes it in Rom 1:1-7 or 8.

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Listen to the GOSPEL that PETER spoke to the Gentile Cornelius and his whole household:

Acts 10:33 Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us.”

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen.

41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.

45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”

48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

musterion

Listen to the GOSPEL that PETER spoke to the Gentile Cornelius and his whole household:

Acts 10:33 Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us.”

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen.

41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.

45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”

48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

There is no other gospel in the Bible?

musterion

Thanks for the post. It caused me to examine the scripture about the gospel.
Gospel just means good news.
There is the good news of the kingdom, and the good news of grace, and the good news of God.
But the good news that has the power of salvation to those who believe, Jew first and then gentile per Rom 1:18, is the good news of God concerning His Son, as Paul specifies earlier in the same chapter. Sorry, but I can't copy and paste the full quote easily or I would do so.
So, yes, there is one gospel for salvation to all who believe. Paul describes it in Rom 1:1-7 or 8.

There is no other gospel in the Bible?