Theology Club: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
April 22nd, 2017
[h=2]Learning the World's Wisdom[/h]"The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain." - 1 Cor 3:20

God knew the thoughts of the philosophers and wise men of the world before they had them.

God gave Solomon more wisdom and wealth than any other. Solomon spent half his life searching for "what profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?" (Ecc 1:3)

What did he find? ... The same thing God already knew.

"Behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." - Ecc 1:14

Solomon lived before the greatest historical philosophers man has ever known, but he already knew the end of their thoughts.

If you are looking for worldly experience and thoughts from the wise about life under the sun, without all the bad consequences and wasted time of doing it yourself, then learn from Solomon's observations in Ecclesiastes as an old man who has been there and done that.

If you are looking for truth and what is profitable to man in this life and the next, then learn from the words of the Lord Jesus Christ recorded by the apostle Paul:

"In [Christ] are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." - Col 2:3

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable..." - 2 Tim 3:16

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." - Col 2:8

"...forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." - 1 Cor 15:58

What Paul knew was revealed by Christ from heaven. It was a mystery kept secret from Solomon and every philosopher today looking only under the sun.

For Truth,

Justin "not in vain" Johnson
[h=2]The Judgment Seat of Christ[/h]Every person will stand before the Lord in judgment. Yes, even those that trust the gospel of the grace of God. After all, Christ is our Head, why wouldn't we as members of his body be accountable to him?

Read More

[h=2]The Lost Sheep of Israel[/h]Ever since God led his chosen nation out of Egypt Israel was named the special flock of God. The flock of God and the sheep of the Lord were the men of Israel as the chosen people separate from the Gentiles. Whereever you find sheep in the Bible, you will not find the Body of Christ.

Read More

[h=2]Was Peter Cursed by Paul[/h]was Peter to be accursed because of what Paul said in Gal 1:9? This is where the boogie man jumps out, screams "aHa!" and convinces me everything I know is wrong, right? ... Not exactly.

Read More

[h=2]Audio: The Bride of Christ[/h]While the Bible does teach about the bride of the Lamb, I would have to agree with the Baptist Briders in that I am not the bride, and neither are they.

Read More

[h=2]UPCOMING SCHEDULE[/h]Sunday, 4/23
10:00am - Q&A and News
11:00am - Basic Dispensational Lessons - Part VI - Heaven & Earth

Tuesday, 4/25
7:00pm - Ecclesiastes 7

Visit us in person!
Read 'What to Expect'
Get Directions

[h=2]OUR MISSION[/h]Grace Ambassadors exists to clearly preach the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, encourage Bible belief, and edify the church by teaching mid-Acts Pauline dispensational right division.
(Read more about us)

Find more free resources at www.graceambassadors.com

[h=2]THE GOSPEL THAT SAVES[/h]"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJB)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
April 29th, 2017
[h=2]Jesus Knows All Things[/h]Jesus knows everything, because he is God. Jesus being God (with every attribute) is the essential of essentials of Christianity.

Jehovah Witnesses, Arians, and modern Kenoticists deny Jesus' knowledge of all things, because they deny him having all the attributes of God.

This is why they depart from true Biblical Christianity and the true worship of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus' disciples said, "Now are we sure that thou knowest all things..." - John 16:30

Paul said, "In [Christ] are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" - Colossians 2:3

Every idle word, intents of the heart, and imaginations of the thoughts will be judged (Matt 12:36 Heb 4:12; 1 Chron 28:9).

That one man, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the divine Judge (Acts 17:31; John 5:22-23; Rom 14:10).

If Jesus does not know all things, then His judgment can be ruled a divine mistrial for not knowing all the facts.

Nonsense!

The scripture, our apostle, and the judgment of all things deckare that Jesus is God, and as such, knows all things!

Beware of any thought to the contrary (Rom 3:4).

For Truth,

Justin "2 Tim 1:12" Johnson
[h=2]Inconvenient Thing #11 - Whisperers[/h]Some people can't wait to tell a secret. Since secrets are intended to remain private, the only way to tell a secret is to whisper. It is still a secret until that someone whispers to someone else, and then to someone else, and on and on. Eventually, everyone knows. So, what's wrong with whispering and gossip?

Read More

[h=2]Inconvenient Thing #13 - Haters of God[/h]Romans 1:28 lists 25 inconvenient things that describe humanity as a result of their reprobate minds. Number 13 on the list is "haters of God". The most recent display of public hatred against God is the atheists that invaded bestselling book lists a few years ago and the attention of the media.

Read More

[h=2]Graduating Law School[/h]The first time I remember someone being held back was in elementary. When the student does not progress in their understanding enough to advance, they remain in their current grade. I continue to see church goers who have not progressed in their understanding of the Bible past the rudimentary teachings of the law.

Read More

[h=2]Audio: Faith and Works Confusion[/h]One of the largest confusions in Bible study concerns whether justification is by faith alone or faith and works.

Read More
[h=2]OUR MISSION[/h]Grace Ambassadors exists to clearly preach the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, encourage Bible belief, and edify the church by teaching mid-Acts Pauline dispensational right division.
(Read more about us)

[h=2]THE GOSPEL THAT SAVES[/h]"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
March 3rd, 2018
[h=2]Spouse Ministry[/h]Your spouse is the greatest help to spiritual growth outside of God and the Bible. God designed it that way.

If your spouse is not saved or does not know the Bible rightly divided then you cannot expect them to be doctrinally knowledgable, but they are still your greatest asset. Do not neglect them. Minister grace to them according to 2 Tim 2:24-26.

Where else can you find a daily opportunity to exhibit the love, obedience, accountability, selflessness, duty, longsuffering, and charity needed to grow in godliness?

Your spouse will helpfully remind you to grow up. This is called edification; it is God’s will for you (2 Tim 2:4, Eph 4:16).

Your spouse will honestly identify where you need improvement, at which time you can practice God’s will of being thankful in all things (1 Thess 5:18).

If you and your spouse will ever minister God’s will together you must first minister God’s will to each other.

“Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.” – Phil 2:3

For His glory,

Justin “spouse ministry” Johnson

[h=2]The Mystery of Christ to Jews Also[/h]Many times in scripture we find Paul ministering to Jews. These passages are stumbling points for those first learning to rightly divide the word of truth. Why is Paul ministering to Jews if he is the apostle of the Gentiles?

Read More

[h=2]Charity vs. Love[/h]1 Corinthians 13 is the charity chapter not the love chapter. Charity has a more nuanced meaning in the Bible than does love. Paul is describing this unique attribute called charity.

Read More

[h=2]Every Man a Liar[/h]What if knowing the truth meant that most every historically significant man, scholar, teacher, or philosopher for the past two thousand years was wrong? Would you still accept it? Would you want to know it?

Read More

[h=2]Audio: Why Jesus Fasted[/h]Fasting is something that most religions accept as a religious discipline that brings us into greater spirituality. Learn the laws of fasting and why Israel and Jesus fasted under the law, but we do not under grace.

Read More

[h=2]UPCOMING SCHEDULE[/h]

Tuesday, 3/6
7:00pm - James and Jude Weren't Talking to You

(Read more about us)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
July 15th, 2017
[h=2]Praying in Vain[/h]When people learn that God may not fulfill their prayer requests, they often think that prayer becomes vain and pointless.

They think, "if I can't get what I ask for, then what is the use of praying?"

If this is the case for you, then it is not prayer that is vain, but your idea about how prayer works.

Prayer is not God's suggestion box or the way to place your order at the divine drive-thru. The purpose of prayer is not for God to meet your every whim and desire.

Imagine if this is how you treated every interaction with your family or friends!

"If I can't get something from you, then what is the point of talking to you, thinking about you, or being married/friends?"

Wouldn't that be a bit selfish? (The correct answer is, yes.)

Perhaps God's purpose is for you to grow spiritually, and prayer is a spiritual practice that strengthens your inner man according to God's will, not yours.

Prayer is not vain, even when your physical desires and requests are not met, because prayer is supposed to orient your heart and mind in Christ (Phil 4:7).

That it can do every time you pray.

For His glory,

Justin "without ceasing" Johnson
[h=2]When the Altar Calls, Hang Up.[/h]Altar calls have been a part of cultural Christianity for a long while, but have never been a part of the gospel of the grace of God. This has not stopped churches that fail to rightly divide from borrowing Israel’s religion and making it part of church tradition.

Read More

[h=2]The Mystery of Salvation[/h]We live in a unique time in history when salvation can be explained. The explanation does not come from science, linguistics, or philosophy. It is the result of God revealing the mystery of the gospel, the secret to our salvation.

Read More

[h=2]What the Lord Has Done[/h]The Lord has done more for us than we know or appreciate. When we believe the gospel of Christ, we receive the riches of Christ. Our life lived in Christ has the goal to learn about these unsearchable riches and acknowledge them (Eph 1:18).

Read More

[h=2]Audio: Charities, Missionaries, and Ministry[/h]The greatest need the world has is for God’s ambassadors to do the work they were ordained to do. Learn the Pauline pattern for ministry, charitable behavior, and missionary activity in this dispensation of Grace.

Read More
(Read more about us)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE

July 15th, 2017
Praying in Vain

When people learn that God may not fulfill their prayer requests, they often think that prayer becomes vain and pointless.

They think, "if I can't get what I ask for, then what is the use of praying?"

If this is the case for you, then it is not prayer that is vain, but your idea about how prayer works.

Prayer is not God's suggestion box or the way to place your order at the divine drive-thru. The purpose of prayer is not for God to meet your every whim and desire.

Imagine if this is how you treated every interaction with your family or friends!

"If I can't get something from you, then what is the point of talking to you, thinking about you, or being married/friends?"

Wouldn't that be a bit selfish? (The correct answer is, yes.)

Perhaps God's purpose is for you to grow spiritually, and prayer is a spiritual practice that strengthens your inner man according to God's will, not yours.

Prayer is not vain, even when your physical desires and requests are not met, because prayer is supposed to orient your heart and mind in Christ (Phil 4:7).

That it can do every time you pray.

For His glory,

Justin "without ceasing" Johnson
When the Altar Calls, Hang Up.

Altar calls have been a part of cultural Christianity for a long while, but have never been a part of the gospel of the grace of God. This has not stopped churches that fail to rightly divide from borrowing Israel’s religion and making it part of church tradition.

Read More

The Mystery of Salvation

We live in a unique time in history when salvation can be explained. The explanation does not come from science, linguistics, or philosophy. It is the result of God revealing the mystery of the gospel, the secret to our salvation.

Read More

What the Lord Has Done

The Lord has done more for us than we know or appreciate. When we believe the gospel of Christ, we receive the riches of Christ. Our life lived in Christ has the goal to learn about these unsearchable riches and acknowledge them (Eph 1:18).

Read More

Audio: Charities, Missionaries, and Ministry

The greatest need the world has is for God’s ambassadors to do the work they were ordained to do. Learn the Pauline pattern for ministry, charitable behavior, and missionary activity in this dispensation of Grace.

Read More
OUR MISSION

Grace Ambassadors exists to clearly preach the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, encourage Bible belief, and edify the church by teaching mid-Acts Pauline dispensational right division.
(Read more about us)

THE GOSPEL THAT SAVES

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

I can't find how to make a new post on this or any thread. I'm struggling with this format. It will take some getting used to. All I can do is reply to a post, so. . . I'm testing things out. I'm gonna miss the way we had it.

By Justin Johnson
“Are you saved?”
“I believe in Jesus.”
If you think this is what saves you, you might be deceived. You say, why wouldn’t someone who believes in Jesus be saved?
Because you can believe in Jesus and not be saved.
Don’t get me wrong. I believe in Jesus, too, and think that the salvation of all men is only found in him. Yet, the greatest lies resemble truth. The lie in this false gospel becomes obvious when you consider what is not expressed by this oversimplified statement.
For example, Muslims believe in Jesus: he is considered a prophet in the religion of Islam and the Koran. The Hindus believe in Jesus: he is a great guru for them. Historians believe in Jesus: he was a first century Jew who lived in Galilee. Even the devils in hell believe in Jesus and tremble!
Do you see that there are times when merely believing in Jesus cannot save? Here is how you know when believing in Jesus cannot save you.
When you don’t know who Jesus is.
If you don’t know that Jesus was Christ, the Son of God, then he cannot save you. Jesus said:
“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.” – John 8:24
This means Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16; Col 2:9). If he is not, he cannot be your Saviour (Titus 2:13). God is the only Saviour (Isa 43:11). If Jesus is not the fullness of the Godhead bodily, then he is an imposter, a liar, or worse.
When you don’t know what Jesus did.
Why did Jesus need to die? If you don’t know, then let me be frank: you are not saved, but you can be.
Maybe he was not crucified at all like the Koran wrongly teaches? Perhaps he died naturally, or died without blood like some false Bibles teach. If he did not die, shedding his blood, cursed on a cross, then your sins cannot be forgiven (Eph 1:7; Heb 9:22).
Without the cross, God has no means to save anyone.
Did he not rise from the dead? Then, you have no proof Jesus was Christ, no hope of glory, no comfort in death, no salvation from sins, and no expectation of eternal life (Rom 4:25; Matt 12:40; 1 Thess 4:14).
“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” – 1 Corinthians 15:17
When Jesus did not complete the work.
James, the apostle to the twelve tribes, writes that faith without works is dead. Mere belief in Jesus does not justify unto salvation. After all, even the devils believe and know who Jesus is:
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.”- James 2:19
“ And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.” – Luke 4:41
James was teaching justification to the twelve tribes of Israel under their law covenant. This was not written with the knowledge of the mystery of Christ, the gospel of God’s grace.
The gospel of grace is that Christ did all the work necessary for your salvation (Rom 4:5; Titus 3:5). This is called grace, and it is offered freely (Rom 3:24).
There is nothing else that need be done (Col 2:10). How can this be? Christ did it all. Your only response is faith.
The only way to be saved is by grace through faith, and this is only possible if the work needed to save you was completed by Christ, the object of your faith.
If you think you must contribute some work in order to seal the deal with God, then believing in Christ is not enough to save you. You are not trusting his finished work on your behalf (i.e his grace to you).
How Believing in Jesus Can Save You
The Lord Jesus Christ revealed the gospel that saves any man today to the apostle Paul. This gospel of grace allows Christ to save through mere belief in the gospel of Christ (Eph 1:13)
“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:25
Before that time, the righteousness of God to save by faith alone was not known, and so faith by itself would impugn the righteousness of God to save (James 2:20).
Christ had to make himself known to Israel for people to believe who he was, he had to die and resurrect for men to know what he did, and the mystery of the gospel had to be revealed before belief could stand alone without works, law, or Israel (i.e. pure grace).
There was a time when belief in Jesus was either impossible, or insufficient, but now according to the revelation of the mystery, faith in Christ is what saves upon hearing the gospel of the grace of God.
Jesus was God in the flesh who died for your sins, rose from the dead, and revealed the gospel of his finished work having done everything necessary for your salvation. Trust him to be saved according to the gospel of grace.
If you don’t know who Jesus is, what he did, or fail to trust his finished work, then believing in Jesus cannot save you.
Are you saved?
“I believe in Jesus”
So what. What do you believe about him? How does he save you? How do you know?

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: December 30, 2017
Last Modified: January 6, 2018Related posts:

1. -When Can Works Justify
    -How Do I Know I Am Saved?
    -Mid-Acts Dispensational Right Division is a Gospel Issue
    -Is Everyone Forgiven?
    -What is the Gift of God
    -Faith in What?
    -Works Never Saved Anyone

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By Justin Johnson
What is the grace response to sin after salvation?
You can find the threefold answer in Ephesians chapters 4-5.
1. Stop it.
2. Avoid it.
3. Reprove it.
Stop sinning.
Ephesians 4:26-32 says to put away lying, “sin not”, “steal no more”, “let no corrupt communication proceed”, “grieve not the Holy Spirit”, and “put away from you”. It is clear that sin should be stopped.
Avoid sin.
Ephesians 5:1-10 says we should follow God. Following the fleshly leads to nothing profitable. “Be not ye therefore partakers with them” (Eph 5:8). Your avoiding sin proves what is acceptable unto the Lord (Eph 5:9-10).
Reprove sin.
Ephesians 5:11-14 says to reprove sin which requires not simply being light, and avoiding darkness, but the courage to manifest light in the darkness. Sin is blameworthy and shameful.
Law vs. Grace
The difference between law and grace is that the law requires you stop sinning before you can be justified. If you do sin, your standing is conditional and is lost.
Grace forgives, justifies, and gives a new identity in Christ freely to all who believe (Eph 1-2). Stopping, avoiding, and reproving sin neither saves you nor makes you a saint. Only grace can do that.
Under grace our standing in Christ by grace is through faith not works. It is not conditioned upon our behavior. This does not mean our deportment does not matter.
Grace does not demand sin be stopped under threat of our salvation. We are already saved by grace. Grace teaches us to stop sinning because Christ died for our sins, and we have now put on Christ (Eph 4:24). Grace changes the inner man and his motivation. Only grace can do that.
Whereas the law forces a man against his will, grace changes the man according to God’s will.
It is amazing that some people think God’s grace allows sin. It doesn’t. Grace teaches us to sin not, and is the only way that sin can be stopped.
Don’t receive the grace of God in vain (2 Cor 6:1). If you are saved by God’s grace, use the grace of God to walk worthy of your position in Christ (Eph 4:1).
The grace response to sin is to stop it; avoid it; and reprove it.

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: January 6, 2018

1. -Praying for Forgiveness
    -Stop Pretending to Be a Sinner
    -For Christ’s Sake
    -Kill Sin With Grace
    -The Most Common Response to Grace
    -Know Sin is Present
    -Question Every Religious Man About His Sin

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
By Justin Johnson
What is the grace response to sin after salvation?
You can find the threefold answer in Ephesians chapters 4-5.
1. Stop it.
2. Avoid it.
3. Reprove it.
Stop sinning.
Ephesians 4:26-32 says to put away lying, “sin not”, “steal no more”, “let no corrupt communication proceed”, “grieve not the Holy Spirit”, and “put away from you”. It is clear that sin should be stopped.
Avoid sin.
Ephesians 5:1-10 says we should follow God. Following the fleshly leads to nothing profitable. “Be not ye therefore partakers with them” (Eph 5:8). Your avoiding sin proves what is acceptable unto the Lord (Eph 5:9-10).
Reprove sin.
Ephesians 5:11-14 says to reprove sin which requires not simply being light, and avoiding darkness, but the courage to manifest light in the darkness. Sin is blameworthy and shameful.
Law vs. Grace
The difference between law and grace is that the law requires you stop sinning before you can be justified. If you do sin, your standing is conditional and is lost.
Grace forgives, justifies, and gives a new identity in Christ freely to all who believe (Eph 1-2). Stopping, avoiding, and reproving sin neither saves you nor makes you a saint. Only grace can do that.
Under grace our standing in Christ by grace is through faith not works. It is not conditioned upon our behavior. This does not mean our deportment does not matter.
Grace does not demand sin be stopped under threat of our salvation. We are already saved by grace. Grace teaches us to stop sinning because Christ died for our sins, and we have now put on Christ (Eph 4:24). Grace changes the inner man and his motivation. Only grace can do that.
Whereas the law forces a man against his will, grace changes the man according to God’s will.
It is amazing that some people think God’s grace allows sin. It doesn’t. Grace teaches us to sin not, and is the only way that sin can be stopped.
Don’t receive the grace of God in vain (2 Cor 6:1). If you are saved by God’s grace, use the grace of God to walk worthy of your position in Christ (Eph 4:1).
The grace response to sin is to stop it; avoid it; and reprove it.

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: January 6, 2018

1. -Praying for Forgiveness
    -Stop Pretending to Be a Sinner
    -For Christ’s Sake
    -Kill Sin With Grace
    -The Most Common Response to Grace
    -Know Sin is Present
    -Question Every Religious Man About His Sin

I'm reminded of this...

For most of us, it is time to stop asking God for help. He didn’t help us to be saved, and He doesn’t intend to help us live the Christian life.

Watchman Nee startles many by saying, “God’s way of deliverance is altogether different from man’s way. Man’s way is to try to suppress sin by seeking to overcome it; God’s way is to remove the sinner. Many Christians mourn over their weakness, thinking that if only they were stronger all would be well. The idea that, because failure to lead a holy life is due to our impotence, something more is therefore demanded of us, leads naturally to this false conception of the way of deliverance. If we are preoccupied with the power of sin and with our inability to meet it, then we naturally conclude that to gain the victory over sin we must have more power. ‘If only I were stronger,’ we say, ‘I could overcome my violent outbursts of temper,’ and so we plead with the Lord to strengthen us that we may exercise more self-control.

“But this is altogether wrong; this is not Christianity. God’s means of delivering us from sin is not by making us stronger and stronger, but by making us weaker and weaker. This is surely a peculiar way of victory, you say; but it is the Divine way. God sets us free from the dominion of sin, not by strengthening our old man but by crucifying him; not by helping him to do anything but by removing him from the scene of action.

The believer does not have to beg for help. He does have to thankfully appropriate that which is already his in Christ, for, “the just shall live by faith” (Heb. 10:38). And dear old Andrew Murray encourages us with “Even though it is slow, and with many a stumble, the faith that always thanks Him not for experiences, but for the promises on which it can rely—goes on from strength to strength, still increasing in the blessed assurance that God himself will perfect His work in us (Phil. 1:6).” - From Principles of Christian Growth by Miles J. Stanford - emphasis added​

Clete

glorydaz

I can't find how to make a new post on this or any thread. I'm struggling with this format. It will take some getting used to. All I can do is reply to a post, so. . . I'm testing things out. I'm gonna miss the way we had it.

By Justin Johnson
“Are you saved?”
“I believe in Jesus.”
If you think this is what saves you, you might be deceived. You say, why wouldn’t someone who believes in Jesus be saved?
Because you can believe in Jesus and not be saved.
Don’t get me wrong. I believe in Jesus, too, and think that the salvation of all men is only found in him. Yet, the greatest lies resemble truth. The lie in this false gospel becomes obvious when you consider what is not expressed by this oversimplified statement.
For example, Muslims believe in Jesus: he is considered a prophet in the religion of Islam and the Koran. The Hindus believe in Jesus: he is a great guru for them. Historians believe in Jesus: he was a first century Jew who lived in Galilee. Even the devils in hell believe in Jesus and tremble!
Do you see that there are times when merely believing in Jesus cannot save? Here is how you know when believing in Jesus cannot save you.
When you don’t know who Jesus is.
If you don’t know that Jesus was Christ, the Son of God, then he cannot save you. Jesus said:
“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.” – John 8:24
This means Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16; Col 2:9). If he is not, he cannot be your Saviour (Titus 2:13). God is the only Saviour (Isa 43:11). If Jesus is not the fullness of the Godhead bodily, then he is an imposter, a liar, or worse.
When you don’t know what Jesus did.
Why did Jesus need to die? If you don’t know, then let me be frank: you are not saved, but you can be.
Maybe he was not crucified at all like the Koran wrongly teaches? Perhaps he died naturally, or died without blood like some false Bibles teach. If he did not die, shedding his blood, cursed on a cross, then your sins cannot be forgiven (Eph 1:7; Heb 9:22).
Without the cross, God has no means to save anyone.
Did he not rise from the dead? Then, you have no proof Jesus was Christ, no hope of glory, no comfort in death, no salvation from sins, and no expectation of eternal life (Rom 4:25; Matt 12:40; 1 Thess 4:14).
“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” – 1 Corinthians 15:17
When Jesus did not complete the work.
James, the apostle to the twelve tribes, writes that faith without works is dead. Mere belief in Jesus does not justify unto salvation. After all, even the devils believe and know who Jesus is:
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.”- James 2:19
“ And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.” – Luke 4:41
James was teaching justification to the twelve tribes of Israel under their law covenant. This was not written with the knowledge of the mystery of Christ, the gospel of God’s grace.
The gospel of grace is that Christ did all the work necessary for your salvation (Rom 4:5; Titus 3:5). This is called grace, and it is offered freely (Rom 3:24).
There is nothing else that need be done (Col 2:10). How can this be? Christ did it all. Your only response is faith.
The only way to be saved is by grace through faith, and this is only possible if the work needed to save you was completed by Christ, the object of your faith.
If you think you must contribute some work in order to seal the deal with God, then believing in Christ is not enough to save you. You are not trusting his finished work on your behalf (i.e his grace to you).
How Believing in Jesus Can Save You
The Lord Jesus Christ revealed the gospel that saves any man today to the apostle Paul. This gospel of grace allows Christ to save through mere belief in the gospel of Christ (Eph 1:13)
“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:25
Before that time, the righteousness of God to save by faith alone was not known, and so faith by itself would impugn the righteousness of God to save (James 2:20).
Christ had to make himself known to Israel for people to believe who he was, he had to die and resurrect for men to know what he did, and the mystery of the gospel had to be revealed before belief could stand alone without works, law, or Israel (i.e. pure grace).
There was a time when belief in Jesus was either impossible, or insufficient, but now according to the revelation of the mystery, faith in Christ is what saves upon hearing the gospel of the grace of God.
Jesus was God in the flesh who died for your sins, rose from the dead, and revealed the gospel of his finished work having done everything necessary for your salvation. Trust him to be saved according to the gospel of grace.
If you don’t know who Jesus is, what he did, or fail to trust his finished work, then believing in Jesus cannot save you.
Are you saved?
“I believe in Jesus”
So what. What do you believe about him? How does he save you? How do you know?

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: December 30, 2017

1. -When Can Works Justify
    -Mid-Acts Dispensational Right Division is a Gospel Issue
    -Is Everyone Forgiven?
    -What is the Gift of God
    -Faith in What?
    -Works Never Saved Anyone

This should be read and understood by [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION]

glorydaz

I wonder if they'll get a notification. I don't see any anymore. I mat have been repped with a message but I can't tell anymore. If somebody tagged me I don't know how to see it. :idunno: Hey, the smiley codes still work :thumb: :e4e:

Gee.....I can't believe that's still messing up. Oh well, think of it this way. What you don't know, won't hurt ya. :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Gee.....I can't believe that's still messing up. Oh well, think of it this way. What you don't know, won't hurt ya. :chuckle:

Nothing will ever be like TOL is for me. This is my home but I hope some fixes or updates can be done before too long. It seems lonely here now without being able to see who is all online and no chat or notifications. I can't pop up to the top of the page either. Do I understand that for some, everything works the same as always?

Last edited:

glorydaz

I got banned from CF for a bit for fighting back with ruthless sarcasm at a troll. I sounded a little like john w so you can imagine. They also closed my Biblical, Enclosed Flat Earth and Firmament thread for me getting harassed and ridiculed and snapping back. Kinda like here :chuckle: However, I found a new forum and talked to the owner for an hour today and he said no bans or shutdowns for me. What a pleasure and a blessing, IMO. On the same day. :idunno: Anyway I had over 6,000 views in 7 days. I also have a light hearted and uplifting, videos, images and memes thread. In 2015 I started a keep a word change a word there and it's still growing strong, a new MAD thread and I already have one opponent. Everybody there wants to tell each other how wrong they are on their doctrines and interpretations.

I guess that's natural, even here but I'm on the winning side at TOL. Nothing will ever be like TOL is for me. This is my home but I hope some fixes or updates can be done before too long. It seems lonely here now without being able to see who is all online and no chat or notifications. I can't pop up to the top of the page either. I'm rambling. Do I understand that for some, everything works the same as always?

Everything is the same for me....obviously that's not true for everyone. But, there have been problems before and they always get cleared up. Maybe it has something to do with the weather....or maybe the Russians. :think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By Justin Johnson
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” – 2 Timothy 2:15
Perhaps you have heard this verse used as a slogan for Bible study, or even dispensational Bible study, but why did Paul tell Timothy to rightly divide the word of truth?
What did Paul mean by “rightly dividing the word of truth”?
In the verse immediately preceding this command, we learn that there were contentions about words from God that subverted the hearers and destroyed their faith.
“Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.” – 2 Tim 2:14
Paul’s command to rightly divide the word of truth was intended to rescue these men from subversion, by putting “them in remembrance”.
Remembrance of what? Apparently it was remembrance of Paul’s gospel.
“Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel…” – 2 Tim 2:7-8
They were to remember that Paul was appointed the preacher, apostle, and teacher of the Gentiles, and were to continue in what they learned from him ( 2 Tim 1:11-13).
Paul’s gospel gives the full explanation as to the purpose of Christ’s death and resurrection, which was hidden since the world began, but had been appointed to Paul to preach.
“Who saved us… according to his own purpose, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, but is now made manifest… whereunto I am appointed a preacher…” – 2 Tim 1:8-11
Paul endured much trouble in preaching the mystery of the gospel committed unto him by the Lord (1 Tim 1:11; 1 Cor 9:17; Eph 6:19-20).
By the grace of God he persisted to see all men profit from eternal life and the riches of God’s grace according to his gospel. It was only through Paul’s gospel that men could now obtain this profit in Christ.
Timothy possessed the same commission from Paul ( 1 Tim 6:20-21), but instead of profiting the hearers they were being subverted.
Some men desired to be teachers of the law which Paul called vanity (1 Tim 1:5-9). Others were teaching the profanity by denying the resurrection.
The word of truth rightly divided should have brought all men to understanding God’s will. The opposite had occurred, because of wrong doctrine.
Timothy faced pressure to change the doctrine he had learned from Paul, and perhaps follow the teachings of Moses, Jesus under the law, or the circumcision.
Paul exhorted Timothy not to be ashamed of him, nor the message of grace he learned from him, but to be strong in the grace (2 Tim 1:8; 2 Tim 1:13; 2 Tim 2:1).
Paul is famous for posing the question, “do I now persuade men, or God?” Here, Paul does not let Timothy answer the question, but supplies the answer himself.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed… “ – 2 Timothy 2:15
We study to show ourselves approved unto God, and not unto men.
There was no reason for Timothy to back down or be ashamed of Paul or his message of grace, even if it meant he had to suffer the inconvenience of ruffling the feathers and charging some men to be quiet and “teach no other doctrine” (1 Tim 1:3).
Timothy was a teacher of the truth, a workman of the Lord, and he needed to prove himself in this. He would be an unashamed workman if he did one thing:
“…rightly dividing the word of truth” – 2 Tim 2:15
Rightly divide it from the strife and wrong doctrine that existed. Hold fast the form of sound words!
Paul is commanding Timothy to continue in the faith that he learned from him (2 Tim 3:14). Speak those things that he heard from him, and not from the teachers of the law, circumcision, vanity and profanity.
Letting these strifes and oppositions against Paul’s doctrine would not only be wrong, but harmful to the hearers. This would have been wrong division. Hindering the hearers from understanding God’s will.
Rightly divide the word of truth for the profit of the hearers. Mix it with confusion, and placate the profane, and the faith would be overthrown.
Paul told Timothy to give people what is right from the Lord, and shun what was wrong. This can be hard when what is right is not what people want.
Right division is the separation from wrong doctrine to stand for what is right and profit the hearers.
“But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.” – 2 Timothy 2:16
The word of truth revealed to Paul for the church today is right, and any doctrine contrary to what the Lord had revealed to him for today is wrong.
This is why Paul charged Timothy to rightly divide the word of truth. A failure to do so would result in a failure in the faith of those he ministered to.

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: October 25, 2014
Last Modified: October 25, 2014Related posts:

1. -Learning to Rightly Divide
    -How to Rightly Divide
    -How to Win a Doctrinal Argument
    -The Number One Killer of Grace Ministries
    -Is All the Bible Written For Us?
    -Who Else Teaches Mid-Acts Right Division?
    -Where Right Dividers Can Get Stuck

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Bible speaks about things for which many people are searching. For example it tells us of the creation of the world; the cause of evil in the world; and man’s purpose of existence

The Bible also speaks about the cause of death. It says, ‘Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned’ (Romans 5:12). The Bible tells the story of how the first man, Adam, was disobedient towards God and introduced sin and death into the world.

As a result there are two things we can be sure of in life, ‘it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment’ (Hebrews 9:27). Every person will die because of their sin, and then their every word, deed, and thought will be judged by God’s righteous standard.
How will the judgment turn out? Well, ‘‘to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil” (Romans 2:8-9).

The evil will be punished for eternity with anguish and wrath, the righteous will be rewarded with eternal life. Yet, there is a problem: There is none that are righteous. We are all headed for eternal damnation in hell!
How can we make such a harsh and absolute statement? How can we know that we are not good enough to get into heaven? We can determine our fate on Judgment Day by using God’s standard of judgment.
Read ‘Am I good enough to go to heaven?

God’s Act of Salvation

This life is only for a moment, and yet our eternal destiny lies in the balance of what we do in this brief moment.
Will we continue to live, even seemingly good lives, knowing that we will still be found guilty by God? Or do we seek for salvation from the wrath to come and seek for the righteousness that can gain eternal life for us.
Because of God’s love towards us, and his unwillingness that we should face eternal damnation, He provided for us a way of salvation through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Knowing that we are all sinners, and that there are none righteous (Romans 3:10), God sent Jesus Christ to take your place on the cross (Romans 3:25). The wrath and judgment of God was poured out upon His perfect Son, who did not deserve death or punishment.
This righteous sacrifice was made sin for us so that we could gain his righteousness (2 Cor 5:21). Now we can receive righteousness apart from the law of God, which is the righteousness that comes by faith of Jesus Christ (Rom 3:21-22). Though we did not deserve any rescue from our own sinful condition, God showed his love for us by dying for our sins:

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8

The gospel of God’s Grace

Grace is a gift received but not deserved. The Bible says that when we put our faith in what Christ did on the cross by His grace then we are saved from the wrath of God (Eph 2:8). We are justified [made righteous] freely by the redemption in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).

If we put our faith in the Lord Jesus and his propitiation on the cross, then we can stand before God on judgment day and know that Jesus has provided a complete payment of our sins. Therefore we are saved not by how well we act or perform, because we are all guilty of God’s righteous standard, instead we are saved by what Christ did and performed on our behalf (Eph 2:9, Titus 3:5).
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” – Romans 3:23
Yet we have been graciously given an opportunity to participate in the glory of God through our trust in the gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16).
If you are not sure if you are going to heaven, reread this page, then determine in yourself how you will fare on judgment day. Will you be guilty when God judges you by his righteous standard? The Bible says we all have fallen short.
Are you saved from God’s wrath?

Do you see the need for salvation from sin and death? If so, then read the gospel of the grace of God on this page again or in your Bible in Romans 3:19-26, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, or Titus 3:3-7.
Do you trust and believe that Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is able to perform that which he promised for you, eternal life? Trust in him, as you would a life preserver on judgment day.
Your faith is rewarded by eternal life:
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ” – Romans 6:23

The Bible says that if you have heard of the gospel of your salvation and you have trusted in Jesus Christ and his death and resurrection, then you have been given the Holy Spirit as a seal and a promise of what God will give you for eternity – which is life everlasting.
If you have trusted in the gospel, you may not feel like much of anything has changed. But know, by faith in the word of Truth, that you are now forever changed from a child of sin and disobedience to one of God’s children who will reign and rule with Him for eternity in heavenly places.
You are saved from the wrath of God, and have been given eternal life by the grace of God!

Top of the Page
Topical Index PagePublished: Sunday, September 20th, 2009
Last Modified: May 31, 2016Related posts:

1. -Now That I Am Saved By Grace, May I Sin?
    -Does God Punish Sin After I’ve Been Saved By Grace?
    -What Is Sin?
    -God is Always Right
    -Can We Lose Our Salvation By Grace?
    -Are There Many Ways To Salvation?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Paul was uniquely saved by God, not by his murderous works, nor by covenant promise, but freely by God’s grace (1 Cor 15:8; Titus 3:5).
Paul was a unique apostle. He was the chief persecutor of the twelve apostles and he calls himself the chief of sinners, but was called by God to be an apostle of God’s grace (Acts 8:1; Rom 1:1,15:15).

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.” – 1 Tim 1:15-16

The Lord Jesus Christ appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and many times after to reveal what was “from the beginning of the world… hid in God”, that is, the fellowship of the mystery.
“Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ…” – Eph 3:8-9
Paul calls this revelation the “mystery of Christ”, the “mystery among the Gentiles”, and the “dispensation of the grace of God”. This mystery of Christ is distinct from what “was spoken of by the mouth of the prophets since the world began” concerning Christ (Acts 3:21, Rom 16:25, Eph 3:1-3).

What was Revealed

So, what is this mystery revealed to Paul?
The mystery revealed about Christ affected both the message of salvation and sanctification (God’s separation of a people for his service).
The mystery regarding salvation is the gospel of Christ: how any man can be justified freely by God’s grace through faith in Christ Jesus as our propitiation (Rom 3:20-26, 15:16; Eph 6:19).
The mystery revealed to Paul regarding sanctification is the identity of a new creature called the church, the one body of Christ (Rom 12:5; Eph 4:4). The church is to practice and preach the gospel of Christ and all its blessings free in Christ to all men through faith(Rom 5-8; Eph 1:3, 3:3-9).

Rightly Dividing Prophecy and Mystery

The most important thing to learn in discerning God’s will in the Bible is to rightly identify and divide the mystery of Christ from what was spoken to the prophets concerning Christ.
What God had spoken of by the mouth of His prophets since the world began is not what God kept secret since the world began (Acts 3:21 vs. Rom 16:25). Mixing mystery truth with the message prophesied to Israel has led to many doctrinal heresies and confusions.
Without understanding the mystery Christ revealed to Paul we cannot be faithful stewards of those mysteries, nor faithful ministers of Christ.
“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” – 1 Cor 4:1-2

More importantly, if we do not understand the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul we cannot obey the Lord’s greatest commission “to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery” with its unsearchable riches (Eph 3:8-9)

For more lessons on what is the mystery of Christ find an audio lesson, outline, seminar series, and online tract about What is the Mystery of Christ.You can also read about what people confuse for the Mystery of Christ here.
You can also find an entire section of this site dedicated to explaining the mystery of Christ and its implications for studying the Bible.

Top of the Page
Topical Index Page Published: Wednesday, August 24th, 2005
Last Modified: March 23, 2016Related posts:

1. -Paul’s Stewardship of the Mysteries
    -Stewards of the Mysteries
    -Was the Mystery Hidden in Prophecy?
    -Secret Since the World Began
    -A Mystery in the Bible
    -Celebrities and Mailmen
    -Was Paul’s Message Unique?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By Justin Johnson

Many see no need for a religious figure who lived two millennia ago. He did not help them get their first job, buy their first house, or find their first wife.
They ask, “what has he ever done for me?”
He does not provide entertainment, cure sickness, distribute money, grant the wishes of dying children, or lower taxes.
They think, “why would I need Jesus if he does not help with the things most important to me?”

Even Christians who claim his name, appoint him their co-pilot, or use him as Saviour don’t feel they need him once they have him in their pile of possessions. While they express praise for him, they can go days, weeks, and months without a single thought of needing Christ for anything. Even ministry work and Bible study can distract us from the need for Christ if it is done as busywork and not with Christ as the goal.
It is a worthwhile question to ask why you need Jesus Christ. Especially, if you think yourself a Christian who already believes in him. Here are 11 reasons you need the Lord Jesus Christ now and forever.

1. Truth

The truth is in Christ. He is the truth. You cannot know the truth without Jesus Christ. Paul says all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in him (Col 2:3; Eph 4:21). To make sense of anything you need Jesus Christ. Your pursuit for truth ends with Christ, and is not exhausted just because you heard the truth of the gospel (1 Tim 2:4).

2. Life

If you are reading this you are alive, and may think that Jesus Christ has nothing to do with it. However, the life you have now was given to you, and it is destined to end. The life that comes through Jesus Christ has no end. If you enjoy life and want it to continue then you need Jesus Christ. There is no life without him. To live is Christ. Eternal life is through him (Rom 6:23).

3. Death

None of us escapes death. The science we have about death tells us we are all dying a little bit each day.There is no science that describes what happens after you die. There is revelation from God who sees the invisible, lives in the immaterial, and knows what happens in secret. In resurrection Jesus Christ defeated death for any man to follow after. Death did not hold him and today he offers this power to all who believe him. Daily life and regeneration is promised to those who live in Christ Jesus.

4. Sin

Everyone sins, including the most self-righteous religionists and church-goers. Without Christ what becomes of our sins? They must be accounted for, and without Christ they are all accounted to you. The judgment has already been made against you, and your sentencing day will arrive when you die. We need the man Christ Jesus to atone for our sins (Rom 5:11). We need Jesus Christ the Son of God to mediate between God and us (1 Tim 2:5). Through Christ’s blood, we have forgiveness. We need Jesus Christ as long as sin is still present, or else it would be unrighteous to forgive anyone for sins.

5. Peace

Peace is allusive in this world where we toil to provide what we need, and there are constantly others who are trying to take what we have. We can have peace with God through Jesus Christ (Rom 5:1). We can also have the peace of God work in us through the Lord Jesus Christ (Phil 4:7). Peace is something every man desires, and yet few have consistently without Christ.

6. Hope

Without Christ the best hope anyone has is to seek as much pleasure as they can before their clock runs out. What vanity! This is little more than the last meal of a man on death row! With Christ we have the hope of glory greater than anything we can achieve on our own. It is the glory of God and the promise of inheritance through Christ.

7. Grace

We would have none of these things if it were not for God’s grace giving them to us freely. How can we buy hope, peace, or another 100 years to our life? We cannot. A just man would uphold the principle of giving people what they deserve, but what if you deserve nothing or worse? What is your net worth then? What of the times you fail, sin, or break the law? No one truly wants what they deserve, they want more. If you are a sinner, you need more. Grace is necessary for you to continue, and the grace of God to you is in Christ Jesus providing what you cannot.

8. Suffering

One of the greatest problems in the world is suffering, and without Christ there is no solution for much of it. Modern science can alleviate some pain and suffering, but cannot eliminate it. How do we deal with it? Christ suffered and died with us when he lived, and now is exalted above all things. He now provides comfort to those who will trust him, learn from him, and join him in the fellowship of his sufferings (2 Cor 1:9; Eph 4:21-22; Phil 3:10).

9. Strength

Some people are stronger than others, but there always seems to be someone or some thing more powerful in this life to overwhelm you. Only some of us have great physical strength. Yet, what of the inner strength needed to make right choices, to live each day, and to resist the evil. How does one go on? Jesus Christ provides this strength when all things are done through him (Phil 4:11-13).

10. Prayer

Someone who does not pray does not think they need God for anything. A prayerful man is a man who sees their need for God. Without Christ there is nothing God can do. Without Christ prayers are heard and not answered. Prayers are answered through Christ in us (Eph 3:11-20).

11. Joy

It is amazing how many people think they do not need the Lord Jesus Christ because they find joy in their life now without him. We might as well say we have no need of the sun because we have light bulbs. The sun lasts much longer, is much brighter, has more benefits, and we only need one! Rejoice in Christ, and your joy will be full. Without Christ, we are playing with sparklers.

Conclusion

Perhaps you don’t think you need Christ because you see Christians who live like they don’t. Do not let this fool you. Many Christians have not yet learned all that they need from him, and are busy seeking their own things and not the things of Christ (Phil 2:21).
We preach the Son of God alive and well, not dead Christianity.
We preach Jesus Christ, not every trivia or mystery from the Bible.
We preach the Lord Jesus Christ, not any denomination, preacher, commentary, philosophy, or opinion.

God can supply all you need, when you acknowledge your need for Jesus Christ. Why would you reject Christ and lack these things?
The need for Christ is greater than the need for anything else, but it is easy to ignore your greatest needs when you don’t know how to meet them. What is most important gets reduced to only those needs that you can fulfill: food, money, temporary happiness. The greatest needs of mankind remain unfulfilled, and your life will be too without Christ.

Your need for Jesus Christ can be met by believing the gospel that Christ supplies everything you need for salvation, life, truth, and joy. Christ can be in you today, providing forgiveness, strength, the hope of glory, and grace freely when you believe he provided what you need.
Every man needs the Lord Jesus Christ. Not every man knows it. Now you know. What will you do now?
Trust the gospel, and receive what God has provided for you in Christ from God’s word rightly divided.

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: June 20, 2015
Last Modified: June 20, 2015Related posts:

1. -Without Hope
    -Does Christ Make You Happy?
    -When Loved Ones Die
    -Sin and Your Identity in Christ
    -How Things Work Together for Good
    -God and Suffering
    -This One Thing I Do

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
March 10th, 2018
[h=2]Teach as to Children[/h]Understanding your Bible should not be complicated. If feedback you receive says you are making it difficult, you need to change your approach. Try explaining it to a child.

Children have smaller vocabularies and less tolerance if you misspeak. This forces you to explain new concepts using simpler words and to define new words clearly.

Without simplifying the message we risk sounding over-complicated and convoluted.

Without condescending, we need to speak plainly and clearly to people if we are to make all men see the fellowship of the mystery (Eph 3:9).

We can not make them believe, but If they can not see then we have failed at our job.

Simplify. Speak clear. Help them see.

For His glory,

Justin “plain and clear” Johnson

[h=2]Stop Blaming the Holy Ghost[/h]Church folk like to blame the Holy Ghost for a lot of poor choices. The Holy Ghost resides within you as the temple of God. He is not your babysitter or scapegoat.

Read More
[h=2]30 Reasons We Do Not Operate Under the New Testament[/h]One common hindrance in understanding how to rightly divide the word of truth has been the generally wrong teaching about the New Covenant, but no one on the planet today operates under Israel’s New Testament.

Read More
[h=2]Required Words for Salvation[/h]Have you ever heard an evangelist towards the end of his altar call say something such as, “if you want to be saved tonight, repeat after me…”?

Read More
[h=2]Audio: Ground of the Truth[/h]Without the proper foundation for truth the church is on shaky and unstable ground. Learn about some of the weak pillars of truth that have crept into the church.

Read More
[h=2]UPCOMING SCHEDULE[/h]Sunday, 3/11 - Reminder: Daylight Saving Time Begins
10:00am - Romans Chapter Summaries: Romans 7
11:00am - The Mystery of Communion

Tuesday, 3/13
7:00pm - Acts 9 - Introduction

Visit us in person!
Read 'What to Expect'
Get Directions
(Read more about us)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think [MENTION=10403]Arthur Brain[/MENTION] wants to join this thread to simply view in his spare time. He probably wants to start with this post above. Look how far I've come since starting this thread, Art. The truth is out there, friend.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This "tip" was originally delivered on Saturday, October 10th, 2015 .
Why ought you follow the pattern the Lord provided through the apostle Paul?

A failure to follow Paul’s pattern…
… diminishes the preaching of the cross for salvation.
… exchanges the power of resurrection for will power.
… robs your spiritual riches in Christ Jesus.
… perpetuates ignorance of God’s will for today.
… weakens the body of Christ by putting the church under the law, identified with Israel, in conditional standing with God.
No wonder Paul spent so much time in his epistles declaring his special apostleship.
“Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.” – 1 Corinthians 4:16
For His glory,
Justin “I follow Paul” Johnson

Full List of Email Tips

<form id="form-sign-up" class="styled" action="http://www.aweber.com/scripts/addlead.pl" method="post" style="padding: 20px 0px 0px; margin: 0px auto; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 15px; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; width: 300px;"><fieldset style="padding: 0px 25px 20px; margin: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; position: relative;"></fieldset></form>​
Related posts:

1. -Jesus Sent Paul
    -Rejecting Paul is Rejecting Christ
    -Does Mid-Acts Right Division Worship Paul?
    -The First to Preach the Gospel
    -So We Preach…
    -Without Paul
    -Was Paul More Than A Great Missionary?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[FONT=&quot]Rejecting Paul is Rejecting Christ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]|[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PRINT THIS POST[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By Justin Johnson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I follow Jesus, not Paul”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a common response from those who fear making too much of Paul will diminish the Lord Jesus Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After all, Christ is our Head, not Paul; Christ is our Saviour, not Paul; Christ is our Lord, not Paul; Christ died for our sins, not Paul![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paul is not the Christ, but Christ sent Paul.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Lord describes Paul as his “chosen vessel… to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel” (Acts 9:15).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paul was a minister of the Lord in preaching the dispensation of the grace of God and to reveal the mystery of Christ and his church (Eph 3:1-2; Col 1:25-27).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christ sent Paul to speak for him. When they heard Paul, they were hearing God’s words.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“… when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, …” – 1 Thess 2:13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Those who were spiritual and prophetically knew God’s purpose understood that Paul spoke the commandments of the Lord.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” – 1 Cor 14:37[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These commandments were given to him directly from the Lord Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” – Gal 1:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.” – 1 Thess 4:2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was the Lord that sent Paul, and so the words he gave Paul to preach and to write were the words of the Lord.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To receive the Lord, men were required to receive Paul. As the Lord commands:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” – John 13:20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even still there were those who despised Paul and rejected his special apostleship from the Lord. When their doctrine was contradicted, they would shout “we follow Moses”, “we follow Peter”, “we follow Jesus”, while at the same time rejecting the message Jesus gave to Paul.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paul responded to these rejections in almost every epistle he wrote.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” – 1 Cor 11:1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.” – 2 Cor 11:5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.” – 1 Thess 4:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Father, Son, and Spirit confirmed Paul’s message. He was not behind any of the apostles in authority, having been sent by the Lord himself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To glorify Christ we must magnify Paul’s office.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If anyone rejects Paul, they reject Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top of the Page[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Article IndexPublished: June 21, 2014[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last Modified: July 13, 2015[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Related posts:[/FONT]

1. -The Ignorant Natural Man
    -Does Mid-Acts Right Division Worship Paul?
    -Jesus Sent Paul
    -Without Paul
    -Do Prophets Exist Today?
    -Our Bible Not from the Catholics
    -Paul as a Mother