Abortion, the Pro-Life Stance, and God's Law. Abortion is Never Okay.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obviously it is necessary quite often, and in those cases it is both allowed and permitted. So what point were you trying to make, exactly?

Stuart

If you believe the truth it is possible that you have never been on the side of defending that abortion does take place, that it does happen. If the law permits it is different than if God permits it. He does not.

Stuu

If you believe the truth it is possible that you have never been on the side of defending that abortion does take place, that it does happen. If the law permits it is different than if God permits it. He does not.
Scripture, please. Specifically that abortion is not permitted.

Stuart

genuineoriginal

Abortion is the killing of an unborn child, the intentional and deliberate taking of an innocent unborn life.
Yes, that is the way you, I, and any other pro-life/anti-abortion person would use the word.

The word abortion used to mean natural miscarriage:
Abort (Webster Dictionary 1828)
To miscarry in birth.​

Abortion (Webster Dictionary 1828)
  1. The act of miscarrying, or producing young before the natural time, or before the fetus is perfectly formed.
  2. In a figurative sense, any fruit or produce that does not come to maturity, or any thing which fails in its progress, before it is matured or perfect, as a design or project.
  3. The fetus brought forth before it is perfectly formed.

The pro-abortion/anti-life people will always misunderstand pro-life/anti-abortion people when we say "abortion" because of these other definitions.

That a child would be aborted may include miscarriage, but miscarriage is not a word or term to be used to excuse or cover up abortion. Meaning, to abort is murder while the death of an unborn child may result in abortion or miscarriage, if the death of the unborn child is not the miscarriage itself.

Abortion is wrong and murder. Miscarriage may be the result of sin but by a definition of the term it should not (never, not ever) include or excuse abortion. Using the term miscarriage has been used to cover up abortion, while an abortion or having an abortion (would be murder) and aborted means there was an abortion, murder, and yet if a woman aborts (the word aborts) her unborn child it is murder or if it was not deliberate or intentional it would be better termed as miscarriage (where no abortion meaning murder has taken place). We cannot excuse murder, abortion. Then what if a person, a woman, aborts her dead unborn child? It sounds like covering up abortion. I am having difficulty with the word abort meaning something else or something other than murder. Abortion is the killing of an unborn child, the intentional and deliberate taking of an innocent unborn life. Maybe I am thinking of the term when used of animals where no abortion of an unborn child or an animal killing it has taken place.

Shalom.

Jacob

The intentional and deliberate taking of an innocent unborn life is never okay.

The unintentional loss of the life of the unborn child is not okay, but it is not to be treated as murder.

Exodus 21:22
22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Stuart

Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 9
Verse 6

6 Whoever sheds the blood of man through man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of God He made man.
:ו שֹׁפֵךְ֙ דַּ֣ם הָֽאָדָ֔ם בָּֽאָדָ֖ם דָּמ֣וֹ יִשָּׁפֵ֑ךְ כִּ֚י בְּצֶ֣לֶם אֱלֹהִ֔ים עָשָׂ֖ה אֶת־הָֽאָדָֽם

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal

How could it not be necessary if it is unavoidable?
There are many medical procedures that may be necessary to save a woman's life, but killing an unborn child is not one of them.
Some of the medical procedures that are necessary to save a woman's life may result in the death of the unborn child, but if killing the unborn child is not the intention of the medical procedure, then the death of the unborn child was an unavoidable consequence of using those medical procedures to save the woman's life.

Obviously it is necessary quite often, and in those cases it is both allowed and permitted. So what point were you trying to make, exactly?
Killing an unborn child is never necessary.

Stuu

Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 9
Verse 6

6 Whoever sheds the blood of man through man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of God He made man.
:ו שֹׁפֵךְ֙ דַּ֣ם הָֽאָדָ֔ם בָּֽאָדָ֖ם דָּמ֣וֹ יִשָּׁפֵ֑ךְ כִּ֚י בְּצֶ֣לֶם אֱלֹהִ֔ים עָשָׂ֖ה אֶת־הָֽאָדָֽם

Shalom.

Jacob
Obviously the god character in the Torah commands people to be killed, and it is commonly accepted that if a person is an immediate threat to others' lives then killing might be right.

So, abortion specifically?

Stuart

Bard_the_Bowman

I am having difficulty with the word abort meaning something else or something other than murder. Abortion is the killing of an unborn child, the intentional and deliberate taking of an innocent unborn life.

Hey Jacob,

According to your definition above....genuineoriginal has already shown that they are in complete agreement with you about that.

When geniuneoriginal uses the term in a different sense, that doesn't mean they are trying to cover up or make excuses for abortions that fit the definition that you are using.

If we disagree on what the definition of "abortion" is, well, ok. But it becomes important to realize that people are not talking about the same thing then.

I know I sortof intruded in on your conversation, but from my perspective here....well, I see you and genuineoriginal being in complete agreement IF abortion means the deliberate killing of an unborn child.

You two are on the same team!!

But you will be talking past one another as long as you misinterpret the other's meaning of the term.

Peace.

Stuu

There are many medical procedures that may be necessary to save a woman's life, but killing an unborn child is not one of them.
Some of the medical procedures that are necessary to save a woman's life may result in the death of the unborn child, but if killing the unborn child is not the intention of the medical procedure, then the death of the unborn child was an unavoidable consequence of using those medical procedures to save the woman's life.

Killing an unborn child is never necessary.
I see you have the whole thing worked out in your head. If a doctor discovers that an ectopic pregnancy is going to kill the woman, then the killing of the foetus isn't intentional, even though the doctor begins a procedure that intends to remove the foetus, thus killing it.

You are making a desperate use of semantics, one that in the end will result in people being unnecessarily distressed, but not you of course.

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obviously the god character in the Torah commands people to be killed, and it is commonly accepted that if a person is an immediate threat to others' lives then killing might be right.

So, abortion specifically?

Stuart

In the case of abortion who is guilty of taking a life?

When a person murders someone what should then happen to the murderer?

Were you asking about when someone might kill someone should they be killed?

Stuu

In the case of abortion who is guilty of taking a life?

When a person murders someone what should then happen to the murderer?

Were you asking about when someone might kill someone should they be killed?
So there is no scripture that specifically bans abortion? What then does scripture say about abortion?

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Jacob,

According to your definition above....genuineoriginal has already shown that they are in complete agreement with you about that.

When geniuneoriginal uses the term in a different sense, that doesn't mean they are trying to cover up or make excuses for abortions that fit the definition that you are using.

If we disagree on what the definition of "abortion" is, well, ok. But it becomes important to realize that people are not talking about the same thing then.

I know I sortof intruded in on your conversation, but from my perspective here....well, I see you and genuineoriginal being in complete agreement IF abortion means the deliberate killing of an unborn child.

You two are on the same team!!

But you will be talking past one another as long as you misinterpret the other's meaning of the term.

Peace.
I do not know who the they is in what you have said here.

Shalom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I see you have the whole thing worked out in your head. If a doctor discovers that an ectopic pregnancy is going to kill the woman, then the killing of the foetus isn't intentional, even though the doctor begins a procedure that intends to remove the foetus, thus killing it.

You are making a desperate use of semantics, one that in the end will result in people being unnecessarily distressed, but not you of course.

Stuart

The majority of ectopic pregnancies are survivable for both mother AND baby.

http://www.personhoodinitiative.com/fact-sheet-on-ectopic-pregnancy.html

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Does the bible say that abortion is murder?

Stuart
It calls killing the innocent murder, it calls children innocent, and it calls the baby in the womb a child.

Ergo, intentionally taking the life of a baby in the womb IS IN FACT murder, and the murderer SHOULD BE EXECUTED.

Bard_the_Bowman

I do not know what to say. Save both lives. Because a woman would die to save the life of her unborn child. That the child did not make it would be unsettling news and difficult to deal with. I do not believe that an abortion should take place and then the woman be told that she was unconscious and her child did not make it. I do not know about the case of a C-Section. If the woman would be conscious or not. I was born by C-Section.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hey Jacob.

Both genuineoriginal and I agree with you. Save both lives always if possible.

But, you have to acknowledge that there are situations where that might not be possible. For example, in an ectopic pregnancy the child is developing outside of the uterus. That is an error. Babies are not meant to develop (and indeed, cannot)outside of the uterus. And that is a very dangerous situation for the life of the mother. Typically, the surgery to save the mother's life involves removing the fallopian tube. The baby does not survive that. But it is not an intentional killing of the baby. It is an intentional saving of the mother's life. There is no C-section possibility to save that baby, either.

That is a tragic case but it does explain what genuineoriginal is talking about.

Peace.