Every day is a new circus.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Meanwhile, it's Wag the Dog time again.

Trump tweets an all-caps :sibbie: to Iran, and threatens to take away the security clearance of top intelligence officials.

Anything to get the news cycle going anywhere else besides trumPutin and Mueller.

Don't click spoiler if you're don't want a cuss word.

Do click if you don't mind a cussword and need a dose of gallows humor. :plain:

Spoiler
[
DiyFFu_XkAA-fVK.jpg

Arthur Brain

Meanwhile, it's Wag the Dog time again.

Trump tweets an all-caps :sibbie: to Iran, and threatens to take away the security clearance of top intelligence officials.

Anything to get the news cycle going anywhere else besides trumPutin and Mueller.

Don't click spoiler if you're don't want a cuss word.

Do click if you don't mind a cussword and need a dose of gallows humor. :plain:

Spoiler
[
DiyFFu_XkAA-fVK.jpg

:chuckle:

It's funny cos it's true...

Which makes it kinda serious...

:plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump: “Tariffs are the greatest.” Also farmers need $12 billion in aid because of tariffs.

The administration plans an aid package to shore up the agriculture industry.

The administration reportedly plans to give farmers $12 billion in emergency aid to cope with the fallout from the tariff regime, Politico first reported Tuesday. Farmers have been among those hit hardest under Trump’s protectionist trade agenda, as foreign countries levy tens of billions of dollars in retaliatory tariffs largely on the American agricultural industry. China, Mexico, and Canada have responded to the Trump administration’s taxes on imported steel, aluminum, and electronics with taxes on American soybeans, dairy, pork, apples, and potatoes, as well as other US products.

The impact of tariffs on US agriculture is no joke. Prices for agricultural products like soybeans have dropped to a 10-year low since Trump imposed sweeping tariffs on trade and aluminum earlier this year. And farmers across different markets have grown increasingly nervous about how their businesses will fare if the trade war continues.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Apparently Michael Cohen got tired of waiting for his pardon ... :D

Lordy, I hope there's popcorn...

Cohen’s Lawyer: ‘Michael Has Turned, There’s More to Come’

"Michael Cohen has made a turn. This is on the record—Michael and I talked about it," Davis reportedly said. "I’m not saying there are more tapes as telling as [this] one, ... but there are more tapes. ... There is more to come." The lawyer went on to say that leaking the tape to CNN was Cohen sending a message to Trump that: "I am no longer the previous Michael Cohen that you knew — taking a bullet for Donald Trump, saying anything to defend him, being a good soldier. ... That is over."

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lordy, I hope there's popcorn...

Cohen’s Lawyer: ‘Michael Has Turned, There’s More to Come’

"Michael Cohen has made a turn. This is on the record—Michael and I talked about it," Davis reportedly said. "I’m not saying there are more tapes as telling as [this] one, ... but there are more tapes. ... There is more to come." The lawyer went on to say that leaking the tape to CNN was Cohen sending a message to Trump that: "I am no longer the previous Michael Cohen that you knew — taking a bullet for Donald Trump, saying anything to defend him, being a good soldier. ... That is over."

:cloud9:

lifeisgood

Michael Cohen, good example of a lousy lawyer.

When speaking with a lawyer, I will remember to have in notarized writing, before we start discussions, that my lawyer is not surreptitiously recording my conversation so that he/she can blackmail me later. I believe that Michael Cohen did that so that he could blackmail Donald Trump somehow, some day.

Shame on Michael Cohen, a stain on the legal profession. I would expect he will be disbarred.

Interesting to me that he chose Lany Davis as his lawyer.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Conservative Naval professor explains the futility of trying to reach Trump voters

... Nichols told the woman she was not a reasonable person, and he said their views on Trump were simply not compatible with reality.

“Well, he’s not as bad as Obamanation,” the woman replied, referring to the former president. “That’s what he was, an abomination.”

Nichols rolled his eyes as the woman walked away, and the other woman explained she had voted for President Barack Obama but could not support Hillary Clinton — who she accused of various alleged crimes.

“These two people will never, ever change their minds,” Nichols said. They are not accessible to reason. They demand agreement and respect, even when they don’t give it and are themselves unreasonable. This is the cohort that neither the GOP post-Trump nor Dems will ever reach.”

He said the women were unwilling to accept Nichols’ opposing viewpoint and instead only wanted to bash Obama and Clinton, and he said they would never change their minds.

“These types of Trumpers are just lost,” he said. “They’re not going to climb down, change their minds, listen to new information. Trump really could shoot them on Fifth Avenue. There’s no point in discussion, because they don’t *discuss*, they *preach*.”

“No rational or fact-based politics will reach these folks,” Nichols added. “I hate to say that, because I believe in the power of reason and facts. But they’re gone."

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I agree ... it's a waste of time. The only thing we can do is continue to spread the *facts* and ... vote.

At least vote. It's pretty much a lost cause otherwise.

I was at a conservative site this morning reading the comments after a post on Trump's VFW speech, the one where he channeled George Orwell. Ignoring that idea altogether, the tone of every post was along these lines:

The 45th President astounds me. I wish the crowd would have been more rabidly supportive. This tells me there were many there who will reflect on their time with him and become better supporters.
I’m hopeful for a tremendous 2018 election.
I’m doubtless about a 2020 LANDSLIDE for our Lion. I’m licking my chops.
This man hangs it all out. For America

He wished the crowd had been more "rabidly supportive" of "our Lion..."

Yeah. They're gone.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Federal Judge Allows Emoluments Case Against Trump To Proceed

A federal judge on Wednesday rejected President Trump’s latest effort to stop a lawsuit that alleges Trump is violating the Constitution by continuing to do business with foreign governments.

The ruling, from U.S. District Judge Peter J. Messitte in Greenbelt, Md., will allow the plaintiffs in the case — the attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia — to proceed with their case, which says Trump has violated the Constitution’s little-used emoluments clause. . . .

If the ruling stands, it could bring unprecedented scrutiny to Trump’s businesses — which have sought to keep their transactions with foreign states private, even as their owner sits in the Oval Office.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump’s conservative allies in the House introduce resolution to impeach Rod Rosenstein

President Trump’s conservative allies in the House of Representatives have moved to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, claiming that he committed “high crimes and misdemeanors” for failing to turn over requested documents and otherwise obstructing oversight by Congress. . . .

The Justice Department, on the other hand, has maintained that it’s complying with the subpoenas and has already turned over hundreds of thousands of documents. . . .

But this is still an extraordinary move by House Republicans, who are attempting to impeach a top Justice Department official in an administration controlled by their own party.

Democrats have said that the House lawmakers are trying to discredit Rosenstein, and by extension, special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, which the deputy attorney general oversees. Impeachment seems unlikely — it’s only happened to one Cabinet member in US history.​

Arthur Brain

Insanity in the White House.

[FONT=&][/FONT][FONT=&]The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]4:38 AM - 5 Aug 2018
[/FONT]

He's an overgrown kid...

:freak: