ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

God's Truth

That is the question that the unsaved always ask. It is the same thing that people accused Paul of saying.

Rom 6:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (6:2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

No, it is not as you say. I am saved and am asking something simple to John W.

You are not even using the scripture correctly.

We are to die to the sins of the world.

We cannot sin and say we haven't.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are sins. For you to say what sins is just bizarre.

You have to repent and die to the sins of the world and live by pleasing Jesus.

The saved are not dead in Christ, as you said. I gave you scriptures; believe them.

Nope:

What sin/sins?
The Lord Jesus Christ died for mine-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-every last one of them,and they are in hell, never to be brought up again,as He forgave them all, and my old man was crucified at Calvary, as he was judged in my place. Believers are considered judged in Christ, "dead", "in Him,"

Romans 8:3 KJV For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Colossians 2:13 KJV And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Read it, believe it-"all."

Justice served. When the Lord Jesus Christ died, I was reckoned to have died with him-dead; when he was buried, I was reckoned to have been buried with him; when he rose, I was reckoned to have risen with him.

Again-justice served- a dead man cannot be retried.

john w

Hall of Fame
So you are forgiven and can keep sinning?

Irrelevant. The reason for the dbr-we cannot stop sinning, to the requirement of a holy LORD God-100% compliance, which you cannot, will not accept, because you have not been convicted, will not admit that you come short,shut your self righteous trap/mouth, and plead "guilty" as charged. It is called "lost."

Romans 3 KJV
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

john w

Hall of Fame
There are sins. For you to say what sins is just bizarre.

You have to repent and die to the sins of the world and live by pleasing Jesus.

The saved are not dead in Christ, as you said. I gave you scriptures; believe them.

Colossians 2:13 KJV And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Grind away, wolfie......

God's Truth

Grind away, wolfie......

You said some ignorant things.

You said you were dead in Christ.

Oh but maybe you finally said something true. lol

john w

Hall of Fame
You said some ignorant things.

You said you were dead in Christ.

Oh but maybe you finally said something true. lol

Another "Lol, eh Cousin it? Weighty.

Grind away those big wolf teeth, wolfie......

God's Truth

Another "Lol, eh Cousin it? Weighty.

Grind away those big wolf teeth, wolfie......

Forgiven to those who ASK for forgiveness.

God's Truth

Irrelevant. The reason for the dbr-we cannot stop sinning,

No, it is not why Jesus died and rose again.

Do you really believe that?

So you think that the way to beat Satan is to say we are all saved no matter if we sin or not?

You think the good news is, "Hey Everyone, good news, we don't have to obey God anymore"?

to the requirement of a holy LORD God-100% compliance, which you cannot, will not accept, because you have not been convicted, will not admit that you come short,shut your self righteous trap/mouth, and plead "guilty" as charged. It is called "lost."

Part of obey is repenting of your sins and WORKING OUT YOUR SALVATION and training yourself.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

God's Truth

Yes, I do. When He was judged/condemned, at Calvary, I, being "in Christ," was also judged with Him.

Justice served. Dead men cannot be retried-that is double jeopardy- injustice.

And your teeth continue to grind......

We are not DEAD in him.

You are though, I believe you on that one.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, it is not why Jesus died and rose again.

Do you really believe that?

So you think that the way to beat Satan is to say we are all saved no matter if we sin or not?

You think the good news is, "Hey Everyone, good news, we don't have to obey God anymore"?

Part of obey is repenting of your sins and WORKING OUT YOUR SALVATION and training yourself.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Irrelevant. The reason for the dbr-we cannot stop sinning-the reason for the dbr, as the only solution to the sin/sins issue-which you reject. We know. It's called lost.

Get saved, troll.