Pops refutes the biblical concept of the Trinity

God's Truth

That is NOT what the Bible tells us. You are projecting your false teaching upon Paul's conversion.

No, we don’t "have " to. We obey out of the love which God has given to us. We are no longer bound under the law. We are children of the King.

Sure. That has nothing to do with our adoption as sons and daughters of God. Dead people don't obey.

You cannot understand. You are not a child of the King. The Gospel is foolishness to you. This is why we pray that God would make you alive in Christ before you die in your sins.

God doesn't adopt children who hate Him.

Those who hate Him are children of Satan.

God makes people His children who believe and obey Jesus.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God saves those who hate Him.

God's Truth

Paul wasn’t saved yet on that road to Damascus when he finally believed.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Paul was not saved as soon as he believed Jesus on that road to Damascus. This proves faith alone is not a true doctrine. Paul had to find out what he had to do; Jesus told him where to go, Paul obeyed and went. Paul did not eat or drink for three days, and he spent that time praying.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Can you imagine the prayers of Paul?! Paul no doubt was crying and asking God to forgive him for all his sins.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

The disciple Ananias put his hands on Paul and he received his sight. Then Paul got up and WAS WATER BAPTIZED after that. This all happened to the praying Paul who no doubt repented of his sins and asked for forgiveness.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

When Paul had his vision restored to him, he was told to get up, be baptized and wash his sins away, calling on the Lord.

When people were baptized with water that was symbolic of having their sins washed away, after they repented.

In addition, people came out of the water after repenting and being baptized, they called upon the name of the Lord.

We are told to believe, and repent, and to call upon the name of the Lord.

Romans 10:13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Acts 9:14 And now he is here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on Your name.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Acts 9:21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

So we can see that to be saved we have to hear the gospel, believe and obey by repenting and calling on his name.

MennoSota

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God saves those who hate Him.

Yes He does.
All humans are in rebellion against God.
All humans are slaves to sin. In bondage to Satan. You are in bondage to Satan.
God saves sinners, of which Paul says he was the very worst.
How much more evil can there be than a terrorist who is killing Christians? Yet, God chose to save a terrorist who hated Him and His people.
Acts of the Apostles 9:1-9
[1]Meanwhile, Saul was uttering threats with every breath and was eager to kill the Lord’s followers. So he went to the high priest.
[2]He requested letters addressed to the synagogues in Damascus, asking for their cooperation in the arrest of any followers of the Way he found there. He wanted to bring them—both men and women—back to Jerusalem in chains.
[3]As he was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him.
[4]He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”
[5]“Who are you, lord?” Saul asked.And the voice replied, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting!
[6]Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
[7]The men with Saul stood speechless, for they heard the sound of someone’s voice but saw no one!
[8]Saul picked himself up off the ground, but when he opened his eyes he was blind. So his companions led him by the hand to Damascus.
[9]He remained there blind for three days and did not eat or drink.

With every attempt you are shown to be wrong. God will either crush your fighting or leave you to die in your sins. May God crush your fighting.

God's Truth

Yes He does.
All humans are in rebellion against God.
All humans are slaves to sin. In bondage to Satan. You are in bondage to Satan.
God saves sinners, of which Paul says he was the very worst.
God saves REPENTANT SINNERS.
With every attempt you are shown to be wrong. God will either crush your fighting or leave you to die in your sins. May God crush your fighting.

I have a powerful testimony and your evil wishes against me are a testimony against you.

MennoSota

God saves REPENTANT SINNERS.

I have a powerful testimony and your evil wishes against me are a testimony against you.

God saves sinner and brings them to repentance.
The fact that you do not see the blessing I am asking for you is quite telling. The saints on TOL will readily see that I am asking God to do an amazing act of grace on your behalf. But, you think I have evil wishes for you. You are entirely wrong in your thinking. The best thing God ever did to me was to utterly crush my self and place me in Christ Jesus. It is the only way you can be saved, GT.

God's Truth

The fact that you do not see the blessing I am asking for you is quite telling. The saints on TOL will readily see that I am asking God to do an amazing act of grace on your behalf. But, you think I have evil wishes for you. You are entirely wrong in your thinking. The best thing God ever did to me was to utterly crush my self and place me in Christ Jesus. It is the only way you can be saved, GT.

You should be more careful who you condemn. As I told you before, I have a powerful testimony. Your beliefs are false and I prove it with scripture.

God's Truth

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God saves people who don't believe in Him and who hate Him.

Why believe in Calvinism when it is not scriptural?

Give one scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

You will not ever find it because it is not true.

MennoSota

You should be more careful who you condemn. As I told you before, I have a powerful testimony. Your beliefs are false and I prove it with scripture.
Your testimony here is that you are still dead in your trespasses and sins.
You have twisted scripture and done everything you can to reduce the Sovereignty of God over the affairs of man.
The power of your testimony is a figment of your own imagination. Go tell your fellow JW's that they are also dead in their trespasses and sins.

God's Truth

No, people who obey by repenting of their sins and believe that Jesus forgives are not dead in their sins.
You don't see how you just went against Jesus Christ and his shed blood on the cross and believing and obeying him.
You have twisted scripture and done everything you can to reduce the Sovereignty of God over the affairs of man.
We have to obey the Sovereign God.
The power of your testimony is a figment of your own imagination. Go tell your fellow JW's that they are also dead in their trespasses and sins.

You condemned yourself when you condemned me; the way you judge you will be judged.

MennoSota

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God saves people who don't believe in Him and who hate Him.
Luke 5:30-32
[30]But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?”
[31]Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.
[32]I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.”

God's Truth

Luke 5:30-32
[30]But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?”
[31]Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.
[32]I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.”

How many times does it have to be explained to you? The people Jesus were eating and drinking with were repentant sinners.

marhig

Salvation doesn't come before repentance. The first word Jesus spoke was repent. God brings us to repentance through the gospel, by hearing the word of God. Then we have a choice believe or not. If we believe then we are to do, and obey the teachings of Jesus and truly follow him. Then in God's time, if its the will of God, we will be blessed with the Holy Spirit who will save us from this world of sin and death and set us free, so that we don't care for the ways of the world anymore and we put God first in our lives. And the Spirit helps us to overcome our flesh daily helping us to turn from the works of the flesh by teaching and guiding us from within and we are to then turn from sin and deny ourselves and listen to our conscience as we are being saved from this untoward world by the grace of God through faith. We are to then to bare our cross daily, remain in God's goodness and live by his will and endure to the end to be eternally saved.

If God has truly crushed yourself, then you will be enduring the above and partaking in the sufferings of Christ and living by the will of God, not living to please yourself but putting God first in your life daily, and obeying him. We are to die to self for Christ to live through us, we are to turn from sin, turn from the world and have faith in the living God and live by his will. These are those who truly follow Jesus and they are those who belong to God.

Love isn't just words, it's easy to talk the talk, but true love is love in action. Talking the talk is nothing unless we walk the walk. When Jesus came it says in the Bible that he began to do and teach, there was no just teaching, he was a doer of the word also. And those who truly follow him are doers of the word and not hearers only. If we are not doers of the word, and if we are not willing to deny ourselves and take up our cross for Christs sake, not willing to lay down our lives to become a living sacrifice, then we are not worthy of him.

It's by the grace of God that we hear the gospel, and we then have a choice, believe it or not, we must then first repent and then obey the gospel of God, and follow Jesus through faith and put our trust in God.

There is no salvation without true repentance.

marhig

Those dead in their trespasses and sins are those who live by the works of the flesh and love the world before God. Putting themselves first not living by the will of God. Children of disobedience. These are those who deny Jesus professing to know God yet they are workers of iniquity. False witnesses living wrong before God and teaching others to do the same.

MennoSota

Salvation doesn't come before repentance. The first word Jesus spoke was repent. God brings us to repentance through the gospel, by hearing the word of God. Then we have a choice believe or not. If we believe then we are to do, and obey the teachings of Jesus and truly follow him. Then in God's time, if its the will of God, we will be blessed with the Holy Spirit who will save us from this world of sin and death and set us free, so that we don't care for the ways of the world anymore and we put God first in our lives. And the Spirit helps us to overcome our flesh daily helping us to turn from the works of the flesh by teaching and guiding us from within and we are to then turn from sin and deny ourselves and listen to our conscience as we are being saved from this untoward world by the grace of God through faith. We are to then to bare our cross daily, remain in God's goodness and live by his will and endure to the end to be eternally saved.

If God has truly crushed yourself, then you will be enduring the above and partaking in the sufferings of Christ and living by the will of God, not living to please yourself but putting God first in your life daily, and obeying him. We are to die to self for Christ to live through us, we are to turn from sin, turn from the world and have faith in the living God and live by his will. These are those who truly follow Jesus and they are those who belong to God.

Love isn't just words, it's easy to talk the talk, but true love is love in action. Talking the talk is nothing unless we walk the walk. When Jesus came it says in the Bible that he began to do and teach, there was no just teaching, he was a doer of the word also. And those who truly follow him are doers of the word and not hearers only. If we are not doers of the word, and if we are not willing to deny ourselves and take up our cross for Christs sake, not willing to lay down our lives to become a living sacrifice, then we are not worthy of him.

It's by the grace of God that we hear the gospel, and we then have a choice, believe it or not, we must then first repent and then obey the gospel of God, and follow Jesus through faith and put our trust in God.

There is no salvation without true repentance.

Yes, true salvation (adoption into Christ) causes repentance. There is no salvation (adoption) that does not cause repentance.
Humans don't choose their adoption. God chooses whom He will adopt. God brings His adopted children to repentance. This process of God's choice followed by the child repenting is expressed in scripture. Salvation is of God, not by men's choosing.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, true salvation (adoption into Christ) causes repentance. There is no salvation (adoption) that does not cause repentance.
Humans don't choose their adoption. God chooses whom He will adopt. God brings His adopted children to repentance. This process of God's choice followed by the child repenting is expressed in scripture. Salvation is of God, not by men's choosing.
It looks like we have another believer in the "God" of predetermined damnation.

Your "God" is not the God of the Bible that says WHOSOEVER believes on Him will not be ashamed.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Clearly God has NOT predetermined that some were created for damnation without hope.

MennoSota

It looks like we have another believer in the "God" of predetermined damnation.

Your "God" is not the God of the Bible that says WHOSOEVER believes on Him will not be ashamed.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Clearly God has NOT predetermined that some were created for damnation without hope.
LOL, I dare you to read all of 2 Peter. I also dare you to read the context of 2 Peter 3. What you will find is the Sovereign God who chooses to adopt sinners by His will and justly damns lawbreakers.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LOL, I dare you to read all of 2 Peter. I also dare you to read the context of 2 Peter 3. What you will find is the Sovereign God who chooses to adopt sinners by His will and justly damns lawbreakers.
Menno, does the Bible ever say it is impossible for a sinner to humble himself before God?

Right Divider

Body part
Please feel free to DEFINE what you think that context is. The verse is crystal clear about God NOT wanting ANYONE to perish, which CLEARLY means that He did NOT create anyone with the explicit intend of their eternal damnation.

God wants everyone to be saved, but will NOT force anyone to be saved.

1 Timothy 2:3-5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

God has always limited His own sovereignty to allow mankind to make decisions that might be right or wrong.