Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

But to me there is but One GOD, so any other god doesn't compute.

Same goes for the prophets and Messengers; they are of One GOD.

so which prophets please?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jesus is the last Prophet.

Jesus is God and the last Prophet.

He is a jealous God and you should think about it.

popsthebuilder

They can't be from the same Jesus of the Holy Bible.
Though Christ is the first and last; that in no way pertains to the truth that can be verified to be of Christ. If it is not of Christ, or is against Christ, then that is a whole different story.

God's Truth

Though Christ is the first and last; that in no way pertains to the truth that can be verified to be of Christ. If it is not of Christ, or is against Christ, then that is a whole different story.

If you have the Holy Spirit then you don't need other books and other prophets.

No matter what you fool yourself to believe about these other religions and prophets...they are not from God and you are not faithful.

popsthebuilder

If you have the Holy Spirit then you don't need other books and other prophets.

No matter what you fool yourself to believe about these other religions and prophets...they are not from God and you are not faithful.
The first part of your statement would include the bible.

The second part is seemingly uncalled for.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Uni - versity..........

Uni - versity..........

Aw, more truth for me, you say, you are so passive aggressive.

Truth represents universal reality. That includes one and all.

Truth also needs no defense or apology, only recognition. It is non aggressive, self-evident.

Since all souls are the offspring of the one 'God', it should come as no great surprise that human religious traditions and cultures would reflect aspects and facets of that universal ONE.

All exists within the context of one original Creator and Creation, allowing co-creators and co-creations within the one infinity.

God's Truth

Truth also needs no defense or apology, only recognition. It is non aggressive, self-evident.

Since all souls are the offspring of the one 'God', it should come as no great surprise that human religious traditions and cultures would reflect aspects and facets of that universal ONE.

All exists within the context of one original Creator and Creation, allowing co-creators and co-creations within the one infinity.

You don't believe me but, there is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God Himself who can be given to you and teach you and transform you, but there is a condition to it. You have to take instruction and follow it exactly. Pops and you end up without the One Holy Spirit and receive another spirit or spirits because you leaned here and there, and added and subtracted.

God's Truth

You make for yourself a god of your own imagination.

False doctrines come from the imagination of men.

Where do these imaginations from men come from?

They come from Satan, the prince of the air.

Thoughts of the imagination are like the air.

Sin comes when these thoughts are lingered upon in the mind and then put in the heart and desired upon...when they are believed and obeyed.

God's Truth

And of course you had to bring to life that which pleases you, the desires of your heart needed to come to fruition through you saying God cannot preserve his words for us. You have to demean the Almighty God's capacity to make your own gods and beliefs come to life.

popsthebuilder

And of course you had to bring to life that which pleases you, the desires of your heart needed to come to fruition through you saying God cannot preserve his words for us. You have to demean the Almighty God's capacity to make your own gods and beliefs come to life.
"you saying God cannot preserve his words for us."

What are you referencing here?

popsthebuilder

You can't remember what freelight said about the Bible? You give freelight a lot of 'thanks' to show your acceptance of what freelight said.
Just because I agree with much of what one says, that doesn't mean I have to believe all they say.

And it surely doesn't mean that I think GOD almighty is incapable of anything whatsoever.

God's Truth

Just because I agree with much of what one says, that doesn't mean I have to believe all they say.

And it surely doesn't mean that I think GOD almighty is incapable of anything whatsoever.

Freelight said that the Bible was embellished and changed by men with ulterior motives.

I told Freelight that the Almighty God can preserve His word for us and keep it exactly as He wants it.

You asked what I meant.

I hope that clears that up.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Source.........

One Source.........

Many false assumptions, but i'll correct a few above -

1) I dont limit God to any one book, neither do I believe the belief or doctrine of 'biblical inerrancy' in its extreme or dogmatic fashion is helpful or necessary. Religious writings may be more or less inspired, and subject to human distortion, adaption and redacting. This goes for anything coming thru imperfect channels, in any faith-tradition. I do accept that we have been given enough thru various sacred writings to inspire and enlighten, AND that these will correspond and resonate to the spirit and conscience of God in the soul, confirming their truths in their study.

2) I dont demean God, but allow him to actually be 'God' (the Infinite One, The All), by recognizing his omnipresence and his actual Being in all space and time, pervading the whole the cosmos as Creator (source-energy, infinite intelligence, spirit). I allow God to be God in all that is known and unknown, so this view fully accepts infinity in all its glory and beauty.

I'll be adding a post soon on the Vedas, from one of our most ancient traditions, Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism), which has one of the most vast and composite collections of sacred writings :)