Trump - Is He The Best President Ever?

• No, but he's the best in my lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
He's still negotiating. Do think all his business deals were done in day?

Rarely. But I still hold him to the standard that he established: a president is a weak president if he cannot prevent a government shutdown. He failed to prevent one.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Rarely. But I still hold him to the standard that he established: a president is a weak president if he cannot prevent a government shutdown. He failed to prevent one.
Good job. You can take a quote from someone's past and judge their entire performance on a shutdown. When anybody with a brain knows that Presidents don't create bills or laws or vote to pass them. Congress is weak and so was Obama. Congress shuts governments down, not Presidents.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Good job. You can take a quote from someone's past and judge their entire performance on a shutdown. When anybody with a brain knows that Presidents don't create bills or laws or vote to pass them. Congress is weak and so was Obama. Congress shuts governments down, not Presidents.

Why wouldn't I use something he said in his past about this very issue to evaluate his performance on this issue? Yes, congress introduces the bills and votes on them but that is not the issue here. The issue is leadership. The congressional leadership failed to reach a compromise. As the president, it is his job to step in and help them reach a compromise and keep the government open. That is their constitutional obligation: to find the government. What happens when a president fails to do this? According to Trumps own words, it proves the president is weak.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why wouldn't I use something he said in his past about this very issue to evaluate his performance on this issue? Yes, congress introduces the bills and votes on them but that is not the issue here. The issue is leadership. The congressional leadership failed to reach a compromise. As the president, it is his job to step in and help them reach a compromise and keep the government open. That is their constitutional obligation: to find the government. What happens when a president fails to do this? According to Trumps own words, it proves the president is weak.
So you think he's weak. See if you can beat him in 3 years. I'm glad you realize that everything Trumps says is the truth. :thumb:

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
So you think he's weak. See if you can beat him in 3 years. I'm glad you realize that everything Trumps says is the truth. :thumb:

Trump said that a president who can't prevent a government shutdown is a weak president. If what he says is true, then he is a weak president.

Trump said that women let him grope and kiss them just because he is The Donal. If what he says is true, he is a sexual predator.

He is the leader of this country. You can be darn sure that I plan on holding him to a high standard.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trump said that a president who can't prevent a government shutdown is a weak president. If what he says is true, then he is a weak president.

Trump said that women let him grope and kiss them just because he is The Donal. If what he says is true, he is a sexual predator.

He is the leader of this country. You can be darn sure that I plan on holding him to a high standard.
How did you feel about Bill?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I see what you mean. So believe your President when he tells you that he made it possible to finally defeat ISIS, that he removed thousands of regulations that stifled companies, that he led the way for our nation's wealth to double, that he did not collude with Russia, that the demonrats are obstructionists, that the investigation is a witch hunt, that he was wiretapped by Obama, that he will build the Wall and all of the many other positive things he says he is accomplishing.

Or would you rather pick and choose what Trump says is true, meaning all the bad things are true but not the good things.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Horsey_Tribune_5.jpg

How did you feel about Bill?

Given how the conservatives have attacked "Bill" for decades," to now argue that "The Donald's" one redeeming quality is that he's no worse, speaks volumes as to how many "gullible, paranoid nitwits" exist in America!

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I see what you mean. So believe your President when he tells you that he made it possible to finally defeat ISIS, that he removed thousands of regulations that stifled companies, that he led the way for our nation's wealth to double, that he did not collude with Russia, that the demonrats are obstructionists, that the investigation is a witch hunt, that he was wiretapped by Obama, that he will build the Wall and all of the many other positive things he says he is accomplishing.

Or would you rather pick and choose what Trump says is true, meaning all the bad things are true but not the good things.

The other shoe has not yet fallen on the new tax law. The GAO is predicting that in about 5 years I will be paying more in taxes than I am now while the super rich will pay considerably less. Based on his actions since being elected, I do not believe that he has the best interests of the majority of American people in mind.

Regarding his rhetoric during his campaign, why shouldn't we hold him to that standard? He said these things.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The other shoe has not yet fallen on the new tax law. The GAO is predicting that in about 5 years I will be paying more in taxes than I am now while the super rich will pay considerably less. Based on his actions since being elected, I do not believe that he has the best interests of the majority of American people in mind.

Regarding his rhetoric during his campaign, why shouldn't we hold him to that standard? He said these things.
He didn't say a shutdown means a weak President during the campaign, it was when the Obamma shutdown happened. I think he said things before he actually had the job and now sees that the dems do nothing but obstruct.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Is Trump the best President ever?

President Trump may be the "best ever," but nobody has yet to discover just what he's good for!

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
trump-quote-republicans-are-dumb.jpg

Thus far, Trump is my number one favorite President in my lifetime. When I was born, Truman was President. A close second favorite would have to be Reagan followed by JFK.

Reagan is my favorite for my lifetime.
Trump will have to be #2 for now.
But it's early for Trump.

Yep, Trump Winning is contagious. One said they haven't gotten together like that for 4 years or so. They really respect Trump.

"The Donald" had "Grosnick Marowbe," "Tambora," "patrick jane" and the rest of the "delorables" pegged 30 years ago!