ECT There is no difference

Right Divider

Body part
Another vague distortion soundbyte.

When the LORD showed up to Israel he separated out believing Israel from unbelieving Israel. This believing Israel was reckoned as the true circumcision and the Israel of God.

For unbelieving Israel, their circumcision was reckoned as uncircumcision. This is what Paul is talking about.
It's so simple that even a child can understand it.

Interplanner

It's so simple that even a child can understand it.

I did say above that so far that was good. The problem here is when he does not see that the Gentiles who believe are in that same remnant, Rom 9:24.

I don't recall ever neglecting to believe that there was a remnant in Israel that Christ was unified with--the ones who believe. I have usually been saying not all of Israel is Israel, Rom 9:6.

Interplanner

read it in context, it is mentioned and explained 2 verses later about everything promised to David. You are the one with the blocked understanding. The grammar is a collective term, a basket with many things in it. Your system is wrong so you have to fight the Bible.

A further reason why this is a collective singular: the force of the sermon. He's telling Israel that it is not going up in flames, not if it pursues the mission of Messiah with its message/gospel. That is why the friction exists in the Q&A at the end. But in STP's mind, there is no context, there is only 2 programs to bounce between. He thinks the 'fufilled' promise is mark-for-mark, letter-for-letter a statement someplace about a resurrection. Not.

Interplanner

The same term remnant is in Acts 15:17 which comes into belief when the raised fallen tent of David is up, which is Christ.

Danoh

Always getting a dig in...

Never mind that you yourself spend most your time on here "always getting a dig in..." as to those you yourself hold a different view from...

See, it is these exact kinds of inconsistencies of yours that you fail to see even as you commit them, that long ago ended you at all those "Acts 9 / Acts 28 mix" based errors of yours that you now hold to.

Mine was not a dig.

That is just you; reading a thing "means what it says" INTO it.

I was merely pointing out the obvious once more.

Just like you believe you are doing.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

SaulToPaul 2

Too bad everything you think is based on such unspecific material. How do you know the 'son of man be come' is not the enthronement of Acts 2 or have you decided that Acts 2 is not an enthronement?

Because Matthew tells us what the coming of the Son of Man is. See Matthew 25.
It can be none other than the LORD's second coming to this earth. This is very simple. You do not like it, therefore, you must find a way to pervert it.

SaulToPaul 2

read it in context, it is mentioned and explained 2 verses later about everything promised to David. You are the one with the blocked understanding. The grammar is a collective term, a basket with many things in it. Your system is wrong so you have to fight the Bible.

Acts 13 is a singular promise and you cannot warp it no matter how badly you want to change what it says. Why do you kick against the pricks?

SaulToPaul 2

A further reason why this is a collective singular: the force of the sermon. He's telling Israel that it is not going up in flames, not if it pursues the mission of Messiah with its message/gospel. That is why the friction exists in the Q&A at the end. But in STP's mind, there is no context, there is only 2 programs to bounce between. He thinks the 'fufilled' promise is mark-for-mark, letter-for-letter a statement someplace about a resurrection. Not.

Show us how the singular promise changes into more? Give details.

Interplanner

Horrible lie.

Show me one place where there is a yearning for a kingdom in israel, where the NT is 'such a failure and a bore' without that kingdom, where hebrews is just in tears and misery because there is no kingdom on the horizon.

You are all prooftexts of another mentality--the one that said the Bible does not make sense until Chafer or Scofield came along and made sense of it, to help achieve a modern Zionist state.

Right Divider

Body part
I did say above that so far that was good. The problem here is when he does not see that the Gentiles who believe are in that same remnant, Rom 9:24.
Once again, "grammar scholar and real writer", remnant means REMAINDER. The remnant of ISRAEL is the remainder of ISRAEL. That there will believing Israel and believing Gentiles in the coming kingdom was never a mystery.

I don't recall ever neglecting to believe that there was a remnant in Israel that Christ was unified with--the ones who believe. I have usually been saying not all of Israel is Israel, Rom 9:6.
Unbelieving ISRAEL is the Israel that is NOT Israel. It's so simple that a child can understand it. Why can't you?

Right Divider

Body part
The same term remnant is in Acts 15:17 which comes into belief when the raised fallen tent of David is up, which is Christ.
CONTEXT!!

Acts 15:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:17) That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

The "residue of MEN".

Rom 9:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:27) Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

CONTEXT!!

"concerning Israel" and "of the children of Israel"

Also read CAREFULLY the passage that Acts 15:17 is REFERRING to:

Amos 9:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:11) ¶ In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (9:12) That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

"Possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen"? How will THEY possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen?

And, of course, you completely IGNORE this verse in the SAME passage:

Amos 9:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Someone that purports to be so smart as you claim to be should be able to under CONTEXT.