Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
werewolffan98 said:
is calling someone a faggot a christ-like thing to do? No because that would be the same as calling someone a Dago,spick,gook,wop,kike,or the n word so i think that no one should be called a fag.
Please tell me to which ethnic grouping a "faggot" would belong.

Agape4Robin

Maybe we should all be asking a different question. :think: Like, beanieboy, do you know that homosexual conduct is a sin? I would think that the answer would be yes because you have heard it said over and over that it is, but do you know that it is?

werewolffan98

BANNED
Banned
Of course i read somewhere that during the Spanish inquisition that the church burned jews,homosexuals,and protestants at the stake by divine order of the catholic church.

Redfin

Frank Ernest said:

Well, the etymology of the word is Old French, so let's pin it on them!

Somehow, it seems appropriate! :chuckle:

beanieboy

Frank Ernest said:

If some one is Italian, there are a Dago, right?
It's just a way to refer to the person as less human.
Why can't you call an Italian an Italian? Because Dago makes you feel superior.

It's pretty simple.

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
If some one is Italian, there are a Dago, right?
It's just a way to refer to the person as less human.
Why can't you call an Italian an Italian? Because Dago makes you feel superior.

It's pretty simple.
Beanie, do you know that homosexuality is a sin?

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
Maybe we should all be asking a different question. :think: Like, beanieboy, do you know that homosexual conduct is a sin? I would think that the answer would be yes because you have heard it said over and over that it is, but do you know that it is?

This is making the thread about me.
You can start a new thread to ask people what they think, but I and everyone else have stated their beliefs about it.

I have said that theologians are torn on the subject (it's isn't black and white).
Some people refuse to even believe that fact.

But the thread is about how christians should behave, even to those who they believe are commiting a sin.

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
This is making the thread about me.
You can start a new thread to ask people what they think, but I and everyone else have stated their beliefs about it.

I have said that theologians are torn on the subject (it's isn't black and white).
Some people refuse to even believe that fact.

But the thread is about how christians should behave, even to those who they believe are commiting a sin.
I understand that, but I am asking you a question.

Do you know it is a sin?

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
I understand that, but I am asking you a question.

Do you know it is a sin?

Do I personally think that it is a sin?
No.

Do I think that it is a sin according to the bible?
Knowing that the word "homosexual" wasn't coined until the 18th century, I have to question that.
Knowing the history of the Greeks, having studied Greek, I would question it again.

I don't think of what we think of as "homosexual" is the same thing as they thought when Leviticus or Romans or whatever was written.

Believe me, as a christian, this was a hard issue to deal with, and I researched it a lot.
I actually moved away from christianity because of the initial callousness people had towards those with AIDS, claiming it was God's punishment, or of telling gay people they couldn't attend their services, but everyone else (people who got drunk, people who had premarital sex - basically ANYONE but homosexuals) could attend.

And I realized that Modern Christianity is so far removed from what Jesus taught, that I asked for God to guide me, and he pointed me towards Buddhism.

beanieboy

btw - now that the poll is up to 37:22, does that make any of the christians who voted Yes, think that maybe, just maybe, I should think about this, and take it in prayer to God?

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
Do I personally think that it is a sin?
No.

Do I think that it is a sin according to the bible?
Knowing that the word "homosexual" wasn't coined until the 18th century, I have to question that.
Knowing the history of the Greeks, having studied Greek, I would question it again.

I don't think of what we think of as "homosexual" is the same thing as they thought when Leviticus or Romans or whatever was written.

Believe me, as a christian, this was a hard issue to deal with, and I researched it a lot.
I actually moved away from christianity because of the initial callousness people had towards those with AIDS, claiming it was God's punishment, or of telling gay people they couldn't attend their services, but everyone else (people who got drunk, people who had premarital sex - basically ANYONE but homosexuals) could attend.

And I realized that Modern Christianity is so far removed from what Jesus taught, that I asked for God to guide me, and he pointed me towards Buddhism.
Let me see if I have this right.
You don't think that being "gay" is a sin. Is that because you are?
You don't believe the bible says what it says because you don't agree with it?

I don't agree with those so called christians ostracising AIDS stricken homosexuals. And to call it a punishment from God is hypocrisy. You obviously witnessed the wrong attitudes of some self righteous christians.....pity, but they don't represent all of us.

God pointed you to Buddhism? I don't think so. The 1st commandment says that there are no other gods but Him, christians may change their minds and be contradictory, but not God. Not then, not now, not ever!

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
Let me see if I have this right.
You don't think that being "gay" is a sin. Is that because you are?
You don't believe the bible says what it says because you don't agree with it?

I don't agree with those so called christians ostracising AIDS stricken homosexuals. And to call it a punishment from God is hypocrisy. You obviously witnessed the wrong attitudes of some self righteous christians.....pity, but they don't represent all of us.

God pointed you to Buddhism? I don't think so. The 1st commandment says that there are no other gods but Him, christians may change their minds and be contradictory, but not God. Not then, not now, not ever!

Buddhism doesn't worship Buddha.
Read about it. The majority of it is similar to what Christ taught.

Do I think that being gay isn't a sin because I am? No. Sometimes I smoke. That's bad for my body. I know that. I just do sometimes any way. Sometimes I get angry and use bad language out of anger. Do I think it isn't a sin because I do it? No. I know that it is wrong, and it is bad to let my emotions get the better of me.

But I can't find any negative consequence on being homosexual. None.

Do I believe the bible says it's wrong? From what I've researched, some of it was talking about male protitutes used in temple worship. (Those who want to believe that it is black and white won't admit that, even though it has been researched.)

Do you believe homosexuality as we understand it today is the same way that it was understood then?

Have you ever spent time on a site like www.whosoever.org and read what the other side has to say?

It's more complicated than people are willing to admit.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Do you believe homosexuality as we understand it today is the same way that it was understood then?
There is nothing new under the Sun.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
btw - now that the poll is up to 37:22, does that make any of the christians who voted Yes, think that maybe, just maybe, I should think about this, and take it in prayer to God?
No.

If you take out all the non-Christians, the scale would tip the other way. And I think On Fire wanted only Christians to vote on the poll, but that's blown.

God_Is_Truth

Lighthouse said:
No.

If you take out all the non-Christians, the scale would tip the other way. And I think On Fire wanted only Christians to vote on the poll, but that's blown.

which of the "no's" aren't christians?

Ecumenicist

Crow said:
I doubt that many people pray to God and tell Him how righteous they are. If they have come to Christ, they recognize that they are not righteous of their own works, and that they need Him as savior for that very fact.

You need to share this with Nin. She believes that she has no need to ask God
for forgiveness, not ever. If that's not the case, then what's left to pray for? Thanking
God that we're not like those other sinners, that's all...

The dietary laws applied to the dispensation of the Law. As did the hygenic laws. Paul clearly points out that in the dispensation of Grace that sexual immorality is not permissible. That's heterosexual and homosexual immorality. Paul tells us to flee from sexual immorality, don't even eat with a brother who practices it. Hand him over to Satan.

No arguments here. Sexual immorality, hetero or homo, is promiscuous in nature.

Hey Crow, I agree 100% with your post! Halelujia!

Edited: Except for the dispensation stuff. I don't believe God's relationship with humanity
has changed, I don't believe that God has changed. I believe Jesus CHrist came to
help us understand better how God meant for us to understand GOd's Laws and
Scripture. Christ Himself said He came to fulfill the law, not overthrow it. That means
putting it in the right perspective.

Dave

Last edited:

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
To which you admit asking repentance when you don't bear these fruits.

Yes. Well, forgiveness, actually. Repentence is a much bigger subject.

Mostly because you don't understand law and grace. Most evil is fine by you while you charge God with committing sin.

I don't charge God, I acknowledge God's power and trust that God knows best, in all
things.

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
Dave,
Really now, you would have to be a homosexual or rapist before you could judge these as wrong? Why not just listen to what God has to say to begin with on the subject of sin? He tells us not to do certain things so we won't destroy our lives with them. Yet, you seem to be advocating doing these things before you can tell others God says not to.

No, I can recognize hurt, God gave me that gift. Rape is a terrible, violent act.

You've never heard the "walk a mile in my shoes?" proverb? ITs completely foreign to you?