User Tag List

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Hank

Coming from an intellectual giant like yourself that really hurt. LOL
    As most pseudo intellectuals mistakenly believe, intelligence and knowledge are not the same.

You may have a great deal of knowledge, but so what , anybody can read books. You have already proven yourself to be void of intelligence.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious, Wickwoman, why did you stray from your Christian upbringing?
    Jesus Loves You

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sozo
    You guys are completely seduced by science fiction. We are not animals. Classifications are devised by man to do away with God's sufficiency. It is quite laughable that man actually thinks that he can replace God, through redefining His creation.
    Well, the notion that man is an animal far predates the earliest science fiction.

Why don't you explain just why we aren't animals? Even if we're made in the image of God, how does that make us not animals? Also, don't forget to address the fact that we possess all the biophysical characteristics of animals.

The "image of God," whatever that ultimately means, may well serve to separate us from the other animal species, in the sense that it advances us to a higher form, but it does not remove us from being what we are -- animals. Do we not bleed? Do we not require ingested nourishment to survive, food and water? Do we not reproduce and propogate our species? Do we not possess a cellular structure like all other animals, consisting of a nucleus, protoplasm and a cell membrane?

And why do you believe that taxonomy and classification is an attempt to replace God, especially considering that many in the science fields believe in God? And again, where does the Bible say we are not animals?

Why are you so insulted that people consider humans to be animals? If anything, I would say it is the rest of the animals who should feel insulted. It isn't them that made a real mess of this home planet of ours. It's us, God's ultimate creation, that is the true embarassment to creation.
    Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As most pseudo intellectuals mistakenly believe, intelligence and knowledge are not the same.

You may have a great deal of knowledge, but so what , anybody can read books. You have already proven yourself to be void of intelligence.
    Ooh......pseudo intellectual. Now you are intimidating me with those big words. Yesterday I didn’t even know what one was and today I is one. LOL

My wife agreed with you. You are a real hoot and a lot of fun Sozo. At first I didn’t but now I’m beginning to like you because you make both of us laugh.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hank, Eireann and Wickwoman:

You have to learn that a towering intellectual giant like sozo has entirely dispensed with the need to provide any kind of evidence for his sweeping assertions because he's so clever. For if he speaks it then lo! It is so!

By throwing around terms like "idiot" and "pseudo-intellectual" he effortlessly establishes his dominance in the intellectual hierarchy. Sozo's world view doesn't need evidence. It just is. He's kind of a solipsist that way.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by Freak
    I'm curious, Wickwoman, why did you stray from your Christian upbringing?
    Freak:

De ja vus. I believe you asked me this months ago. Anyway, for the #1 reason look at the posts of people like Sozo who call themselves Christian. #2 reason I know God, he/she's not like that. #3 I grew beyond it we all will eventually. It is for people who don't like to think for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, Jesus is my hero. I've always found him a very amazing person. If I could be just a little like him before I die, I will have evolved enough for this lifetime.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Flipper
    He's kind of a solipsist that way.
    No, God is the only reality. Unlike you, and your friends, I know Him. God doesn't have any opinions, and mine are to express what God has revealed to all men who are "smart" enough to deny their own understanding.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hell waits with longing arms for dear wickedwoman....

wickedwoman-you said
    Are you making an argument for pedophilia? It seems you believe that nobody is harmed by pedophiles. Either that or you've gotten your sins mixed up.

I haven't seen a reasonable challenge to the idea that being gay harms no one.
    Really, well the wicked are blind, so I guess that would make sense. Let’s see, how many homos die every year from aids? Well, that isn’t really hurting anyone is it? How many children die from aids? Oh, well they don’t really count. How many wives get aids from their (supposedly) bi-sexual spouses? No problem, not according to you, anyway. Not to mention the highest rate of murder, drug addiction and violent crime among any group in America, is homo on homo crime. Male homo’s die at an average age of 43, if they don’t get aids. If they do, a few years drop off of that. But, no, it doesn’t hurt anyone, there’s no evidence to show that. Only all of society and themselves. But wickedwoman thinks that’s just fine.
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hank, Eireann and Wickwoman:

You have to learn that a towering intellectual giant like sozo has entirely dispensed with the need to provide any kind of evidence for his sweeping assertions because he's so clever. For if he speaks it then lo! It is so!

By throwing around terms like "idiot" and "pseudo-intellectual" he effortlessly establishes his dominance in the intellectual hierarchy. Sozo's world view doesn't need evidence. It just is. He's kind of a solipsist that way.
    There you go Flipper throwing around those big words like Sozo. This used to be fun here at TOL. Now I have to keep a dictionary by my computer to keep up with you and Sozo. Maybe my wife is correct when she tells me I am from the shallow end of the gene pool. LOL

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, God is the only reality. Unlike you, and your friends, I know Him. God doesn't have any opinions, and mine are to express what God has revealed to all men who are "smart" enough to deny their own understanding.
    Smart enough to deny my own understanding? So I should affirm my misunderstanding? Well how can you argue with that?

Man I simply pointed out that mankind was classified as an animal in our biological classification system. I hate to think what Zozo would be saying about me if I had said something a little less obvious.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are the devil and you are bad....(I love that song)

Not only is she blind, but a liar as well
    Don't get me wrong, Jesus is my hero. I've always found him a very amazing person. If I could be just a little like him before I die, I will have evolved enough for this lifetime.
    You mean to tell me you have as a hero the person you hate most in all the world? Or do you really think Jesus was heroic when He said these things?
    John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    Boy what an ego, and you like Him?
    John 3:18-21 “He who believes in Jesus is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. “And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men and wickedwoman) loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. “For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. “But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
    You mean this Guy? This is the Guy you think is a hero?
    Luke 19:27 ‘But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’ ”
    He sounds a little judgmental, don’t you think?
    Lev 20:13 ‘If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
    Oh, no, you can’t mean Him, not Him.
    Mat 15 4-9“For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ “But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— ‘then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. “Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”
    No, way you can’t mean Him?
    Mat 16:15-17 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
    Wow, He’s the Christ? The Son of the living God? So, let me see now. He’s your hero, right? That must mean you believe Him when He says He is the son of the living God? Is that what you believe, oh wickedwoman?
    Mark 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
    Better run wickedwoman, because your hero is coming, and He’s coming for you!
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aak! Sorry, people waiting for a response from me... I missed your posts. I'll get to it later today.
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

He who knows one religion knows none. - Max Muller

That's the kind of liberal thinking that leads to being eaten! - Principal Snyder, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest! - Kang as Bob Dole, The Simpsons

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall God ever expressing his opinions as fact on psychiatry and psychology, or a number of other topics that you've held forth on.
    Last edited by Flipper; March 2nd, 2003 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall God ever expressing his opinions as fact on psychiatry and psychology, or a number of other topics that you've held forth on.
    Right Flipper, the God who is creator of the universe and all that is in it, is unacquainted with the problems that plague the heart & mind such as fear, depression, hope, mental stability, & anxiety. So I guess the over 1000 verses that deal with those issues are just mindless chaff.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by wickwoman

Freak:

De ja vus. I believe you asked me this months ago. Anyway, for the #1 reason look at the posts of people like Sozo who call themselves Christian. #2 reason I know God, he/she's not like that. #3 I grew beyond it we all will eventually. It is for people who don't like to think for themselves.

When did you start calling God he/she?
    Jesus Loves You

Thread Information