User Tag List

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony (02),

Thank-you for your post. Nice to hear a small wise voice in the midst of damning cries.

How are you, BTW?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Wonder Woman

Hi WW!,

Thanks!

I'm doing pretty good! How are you? Good, I hope.

It's really great to hear from ya...

God Bless,

Tony (o2)
    Founder of "Iconoclasts Anonymous" Recovery Groups

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homosexuality and bisexuality occur in many animal species. If you'd like, I can throw sources at you until your head explodes. It's certainly not an unheard of phenomena... just not a very popular one amongst the homophobic.
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

He who knows one religion knows none. - Max Muller

That's the kind of liberal thinking that leads to being eaten! - Principal Snyder, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest! - Kang as Bob Dole, The Simpsons

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by calvinistkid

Yes, but aren't the "male" parts interacting with the "female" parts? Wouldn't that still be hererosexual activity, even though both are on the same plant? Is there an example of two male plant parts interacting or two female plant parts interacting for some reason? I admit that I only have a highschool-level knowledge of biology, but I have never heard of anything like that happening.
    If two male plants interacted with each other there would be no new plants produced. Since plants interact purely from a level of propagation of the species, the element of desire is not an issue. Plants do not have sex for pleasure, however, human beings do.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by firechyld
    Homosexuality and bisexuality occur in many animal species. If you'd like, I can throw sources at you until your head explodes. It's certainly not an unheard of phenomena... just not a very popular one amongst the homophobic.
    Please do. I would love to learn more about it.

Re human beings: I am familiar with studies of children born with the sexual organs of one sex on the outside and the organs of the other on the inside. I believe the term is intersexed. Do you know about this also?
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by firechyld
    I saw this piece once on Discovery Channel about a species of frog in, I believe, South America. All members of the species are male, but during mating season, some of them will spontaneously change sexes in order to produce young. However, they still combine sexually during the off-season. They just don't produce offspring at that time.
    Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enter here only because seeing animal behavior used to support human behavior drives me nuts.

Disturbing Behaviors of the Orangutan

Anne Nacey Maggioncalda and Robert M. Sapolsky
    Scientific American, June 2002 Pp. 60-5.

". . ..[T]he study of primates has demonstrated time and again that the behavior of these animals is far from Disney-esque. Just consider the strategic infanticide of lanur monkeys or the organized aggression--some call it genocide--between groups of chimpanzee males.

". . .. More important, the orangutan's physiology, life history and social structure are completely unlike those of any other primate. Orangutans have evolved a unique set of adaptations [in the case of this article, rape] to survive in their environment and hence it would be the height of absurdity to draw simpleminded parallels between their behavior and those of humans.
    "I am the [wo]man who with utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before."

G.K. Chesterton

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Elena Marie
    I enter here only because seeing animal behavior used to support human behavior drives me nuts.
    Nevertheless, it's a very relevent argument. Many a time have opponents of homosexuality offered that homosexuality is unnatural and occurs only as a perversion in humans and nowhere else in nature. Observations of animal behavior prove that argument bunk, so the opponents of homosexuality are unable to use the "it's unnatural" argument. It may not lead to propogation, but that has no bearing on whether or not the act is natural, or the inclination.
    Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elena Marie quoted:

Just consider the strategic infanticide of lanur monkeys or the organized aggression--some call it genocide--between groups of chimpanzee males.
    33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.
    34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain
    - Deuteronomy 2

It's certainly a bit more flowery in its prose, as befits the literary primate.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Eireann
    Many a time have opponents of homosexuality offered that homosexuality is unnatural and occurs only as a perversion in humans and nowhere else in nature. Observations of animal behavior prove that argument bunk, so the opponents of homosexuality are unable to use the "it's unnatural" argument. It may not lead to propogation, but that has no bearing on whether or not the act is natural, or the inclination.
    I repent!!

Although I have argued otherwise, I am inclined to agree that homosexuality is natural...

... and so is murder, lying, stealing, adultery, envy, coveting, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these.

"Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest."

That is why it is essential that we are born-again...

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

To protect us from our "natures" we must enforce strict laws to keep us from natural, but inappropriate behavior. This is why God desires all men to be saved and receive a new nature...

"...in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. "

In Romans Chapter 1, Paul clearly spells out the fact that the natural function of man is with woman, and likewise the natural function for woman is to be with man. But, God has given all over to depraved minds, and to death, so that all men apart from God are on the same level. Likewise, all who are in Christ are also the same.
    Last edited by Sozo; February 28th, 2003 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post wickwoman and firechyld

Hi wickwoman,

I am curious why my post did not elicit a response from you.

Hi firechyld,

just not a very popular one amongst the homophobic.
    Just my "sense," but this statement causes me to think your understanding of the subject was formed very much by voices that are political. The idea that homophobia is some all-inclusive reason why all persons who have a contrasting take on homosexuality have that "take," is highly naive and thoughtless.

I do not believe I am afraid of homosexuals or of homosexuality.

o2
    Founder of "Iconoclasts Anonymous" Recovery Groups

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Elena Marie
    I believe a Christian was the first to bring this up. That being said, humans are animals. And I remember my psychology text being filled with animal studies that were related to human activity.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Hank

That being said, humans are animals. And I remember my psychology text being filled with animal studies that were related to human activity.
    And there you have it... more proof that the psychological profession is the perpetrator of anti-Christ rhetoric, whose primary purpose is to brainwash the weak-minded, and keep us looking to ourselves for truth.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sozo

And there you have it... more proof that the psychological profession is the perpetrator of anti-Christ rhetoric, whose primary purpose is to brainwash the weak-minded, and keep us looking to ourselves for truth.
    Now that was profond.

Iíll bet you donít believe the earth rotates around the sun either. LOL

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: Because she is gay?

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

Why shouldn't the evil love the evil?
    I find it hard to believe someone with such a beautiful avatar can be so cold-hearted towards a group of people. Were you abused as a child? Were your parents not affectionate towards you? Do you have homosexual thoughts and feel you must yell louder than anyone to make sure no one has any inkling of those thoughts?

Iím not trying to be sarcastic Poly, Iím just immensely curious as to what makes you have so much hatred.

Thread Information