User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by wickwoman
    O.K., that's from the Qur'an, you know. Now you can see how annoying it is when someone quotes from a book and doesn't express their own opinions. However, in this instance I agree with the Qur'an. Timeless wisdom comes in all kinds of packages, not just from the Bible.
    Did you know that Qur'an's false god Allah is impersonal? We do not read of him loving humanity in a personal way. Is this a god you really want to turn to (or his writings?).

Jesus however offers a personal relationship to all who come to Him.
    Jesus Loves You

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Freak:

How often do you read the Qur'an? How much of the Qur'an have you read?

Back to the subject at hand:

I know a woman who used to use the "N" word until her daughter married a black man. Now she has black grandchildren and she doesn't use that word any more.

She realized that, through no fault of their own or anyone's for that matter, they were born black. It was totally out of their control. So how could being black be wrong? Of course, it's not.

It's the same for gay people. Until you love a gay person, it's easy for you to say it's their fault, or to call them faggots or to say God will send them to Hell. But when you have a truly personal and loving relationship with someone, you cannot condemn them.

When you raise your Bibles and point your "holier than thou" finger, you're no better than the white hooded men who burn crosses on black people's lawns. They think the Bible says black people are inferior. Does that make their hatred any less wrong?
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a pointless fight, wickwoman. The problem is they have a fundamentally different view of the world than you, one that would be shattered irrepably if they accepted your niece. And it is very scary to go through life without a set view.

And wickwoman tends toward the mystic end of things, so she knows God loves because she feels it, not cause any book says it. At least that is the way I interpret her.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Freak:

How often do you read the Qur'an? How much of the Qur'an have you read?

Back to the subject at hand:

I know a woman who used to use the "N" word until her daughter married a black man. Now she has black grandchildren and she doesn't use that word any more.

She realized that, through no fault of their own or anyone's for that matter, they were born black. It was totally out of their control. So how could being black be wrong? Of course, it's not.

It's the same for gay people. Until you love a gay person, it's easy for you to say it's their fault, or to call them faggots or to say God will send them to Hell. But when you have a truly personal and loving relationship with someone, you cannot condemn them.

When you raise your Bibles and point your "holier than thou" finger, you're no better than the white hooded men who burn crosses on black people's lawns. They think the Bible says black people are inferior. Does that make their hatred any less wrong?
    I have read portions of the Koran. Tedious reading. I have lived in Islamic nations. Have you? Have you ever been under Sharia Law? I have. I speak from personal experience and knowledge.
    Jesus Loves You

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wickwoman--

I have a few friends who have turned to lesbianism/homosexuality for one reason or another. I love them but do not accept their evil behaviour. Homosexuality destroys lives.
    Jesus Loves You

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something wicked this way comes....

An inside look at Wickedwoman’s original post from page one:?

My nephew was a pedophile from the day he was born. I don’t know what caused it. Maybe he got a little too much of this hormone or too little of that. All I know is that every picture I see of him from the day he started to play with others, he liked to play with children a little more than adults. I can’t put my finger on it now, I just know he was different. That doesn’t make him a sinner.

When he was 4 years old he used to dress up in his dad’s work clothes and work boots (always trying to look older). For Halloween he was always an army man or a Star Trek captain, (someone older than the other kids). All of his friends were little’(er) boys. He chose them because he liked little’(er) boys better. When he saw that younger boys liked kids their own age better, he was devastated. His best friend, Patrick told him one day teenagers were “icky.” It changed his attitude about life forever.

Sometimes I wonder if it was something I did or said (like that time in the bathroom) or something his mom or dad did or didn’t do. When it comes right down to it, it doesn’t matter (how could it since there are no eternal consequences and we are just evolved animals anyway). Whether it was environment or genetics, nevertheless, he had no control over what happened to him and in him. It just was. Either way, no loving god (that I would create) would send him to Hell for it. Of this I am sure (I hope).

So tell me that god thinks he’s an “abomination.” But this time, tell me while using my brain. Don’t quote from some book or authoritative source. Give me a reason as to why God is going to send him to Hell, from my beliefs and thoughts, for being a pedophile? I challenge you to give me one good reason (from my point of view). He is not harming anyone, he is not even harming himself. He always gets the little boys to play with him by giving them presents and by being nice. They never complain. What harms my pedophile nephew the most is when he tries to fit in and be normal.

He’s much happier now that he is freely a pedophile, with no guilty feelings. He and his young friends are not sexually involved right now (the child’s parents haven’t dropped him off to be baby sat yet). He wants to show the parents how nice he is. When I see him holding that young boy and enjoying being together so much, I think “how could this be wrong?”
    When you make up your beliefs it is much easier to hold them sacred. When something comes and knocks on the door of your house, then it’s different. god is that way too. Do you think he/she/it looks at you and says “you know, if you just weren’t so critical of pedophiles, I would let you come to Heaven.” Or “if you didn’t get so angry in traffic, I would love you.” Or “if you didn’t spend so much time gossiping with your friends you would be alright in my book.”

No, the God I’ve made up isn’t like that. People who believe this person or that person is going to Hell don’t really know those pedophiles they condemn. The make them objects and categorize them in the “bad” category. They don’t feel personally attached to the “bad” ones because if they did, they wouldn’t be able to keep them on the “bad” list. That’s why the God I made up doesn’t have a “bad” list. He/she/it does know each of us personally and he/she/it could never send anyone to Hell (I wouldn’t let he/she/it!).

Now I’m talking to all of you who believe there is a Hell (there isn’t of course….I hope) and that there are people who will go there someday (not me of course….I hope): “As long as you keep your ears shut, your house of cards will not fall. As long as you refuse to let what I call (in my infinite and unathoritive wisdom) a logical thought enter your head, you will continue to swallow whatever the preacher tells you is right. You don’t have to think (I certainly never do), you’ve got the Bible, the preacher, the Sunday school teacher. Is that what you really believe? But if one little doubt enters your head (like maybe it’s okay to be a pedophile), your whole system of beliefs will begin to fall. It’s time you started thinking for yourself, (after all, we are all gods, or at least I am). Give it a try (I command you).”
    Last edited by Lion; February 26th, 2003 at 06:24 PM.
    In service of the
    Lion and the Lamb

Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Something wicked this way comes....

Originally posted by Lion
    An inside look at Wickedwoman’s original post from page one:?

My nephew was a pedophile from....
    Wow.. talk about putting it into perspective.
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should love everyone because they are made in the image of God. With this image comes a responsibility, though: we must "seek holiness" (ie. He who is Holy). Therefore, when we truly love someone and we see them heading towards an infinitely dark cliff, we warn them.

Some people think that God puts up barriers: I agree. God puts up barriers around cliffs so that we don't fall into them. It's our choice whether we climb over them or not. Those who don't care about God will climb over the fence in defiance, sometimes just to prove that they can do anything they want. Christians will not climb over the fence, not because they are legalists following rules, but because they trust that God knows best and follow his guidance.

If you see someone heading towards a cliff, and getting ready to climb over a fence, try to stop them. I'm very saddened by what I see today in the way of excuses and rationalisations for sin. I think there will be many on judgment day who will say:

"But God, you made me this way"

To which God might respond:

"I didn't make you that way, I only allowed you to be born that way. What's more, I allowed everyone to be born with defects and with their "image" dirtied. Now, why did you make excuses and avoid me instead of letting me clean you off?"

Saying that homosexuality is "natural" (ie. "I was born that way") is like saying that death is "natural". Just because it happens without a person intending it to happen, and just because God allows something to happen, that doesn't make it good or proper. God promises us so much more if we stop focusing on what is "natural" and start focusing on what he can supernaturally do, through his uncreated grace.

I love your niece too (and I know God does to). That's why I hope and pray she seeks the Lord on His supernatural terms, not on hers, which are natural and fallen.
    Last edited by Paradősis; February 26th, 2003 at 07:09 PM.
    Myspace

"A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants." - Schopenhauer

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Something wicked this way comes....

Originally posted by Lion
    He is not harming anyone, he is not even harming himself. He always gets the little boys to play with him by giving them presents and by being nice. They never complain. What harms my pedophile nephew the most is when he tries to fit in and be normal.
    Dear Leo:

Are you making an argument for pedophilia? It seems you believe that nobody is harmed by pedophiles. Either that or you've gotten your sins mixed up.

I haven't seen a reasonable challenge to the idea that being gay harms no one.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: Something wicked this way comes....

Are you making an argument for pedophilia? It seems you believe that nobody is harmed by pedophiles. Either that or you've gotten your sins mixed up.
    Well at least you have finally admitted that homosexuality is a sin!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

Do you two honestly equate the sexual proclivities of consenting adult homosexuals with the preditorial behavior of a pedophile?
    If so, that's scary.
    -Shiloh
    Notice. Appreciate. Acknowledge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's let's put Leo's opinion into perspective.

"Leo was a judgmental hatemonger since the day he was born, he isn't hurting anyone . . ."

Wait, that doesn't work here. That does hurt someone. Oh well. I'm just not as handy with words as Leo.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's let's put Leo's opinion into perspective.

"Leo was a judgmental hatemonger since the day he was born, he isn't hurting anyone . . ."

Wait, that doesn't work here. Being judgmental and full of hate does hurt someone. Oh well. I'm just not as handy with words as Leo.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: Re: Something wicked this way comes....

Originally posted by Sozo

Well at least you have finally admitted that homosexuality is a sin!
    Since I don't believe in sin you can call anything you want a sin and it doesn't frighten me. When something doesn't exist, it doesn't exist and "sin" is not a real thing that exists. It is something dreamed up in the mind of man to perpetuate the falacy that man is separate from God.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Paradosis:

If I had a child, how would this wash:

"I had a child and he wasn't perfect. I purposely abused alcohol while I was pregnant because I wanted my child to have the experience of overcoming the physical defects he would suffer as a result of my alcohol abuse. When he overcomes this defect I purposely caused him to have, then I will love my child and allow my child to live with me at our beautiful home I've built for us. If my child doesn't overcome the difficulties of the birth defect I've forced on him, I've created a torture chamber for my child to live out eternity. I'm such a wonderful and loving parent!! It's my child's choice to overcome his difficulties and live at our beautiful mansion with me or to be tortured for all eternity! Freewill is my middle name!
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information