KJ-ONLYite claims: Enyart does not believe The Bible is inerrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter A V

B.E.doesn't have a Bible

B.E.doesn't have a Bible

Justin (Wiccan) said:
The Textus Receptus (basis of the KJV New Testament) is a 15th century compilation that relies heavily on the Vulgate, a source that you repeatedly cite as erroneous.
Justin
That is not true.The AV translators used the Hebrew ben Chayyim Masoretic text,and the Texus Receptus of Stephanus,Erasmus,Beza and Colinaeus.GREEK!Read the title page.
Hebrew and Greek.
It is not just a 15 century compilation,but it has the backing of all history.

Justin (Wiccan)

Peter A V said:
That is not true.The AV translators used the Hebrew ben Chayyim Masoretic text,and the Texus Receptus of Stephanus,Erasmus,Beza and Colinaeus.GREEK!Read the title page.
Hebrew and Greek.
It is not just a 15 century compilation,but it has the backing of all history.

Wakey-wakey, Peter! I was speaking of the New Testament specifically, so the Masoretic Text is completely beside the question. Secondly, as I said, the Textus Receptus is a 15th century compilation. Re-read Post 36, drop a quarter in the clue-dispenser, and call me back if any of the words are too long for you.

Justin

Peter A V

B.E.has no Bible

B.E.has no Bible

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Yep, the truth is out ... and the truth is that KJV-Onlyists will gladly sieve out the inconvenient gnats of facts while swallowing the camels of their own delusions. :rolleyes:
Justin
Well,maybe you like to defend the heretical 1% Alexandrian manuscripts,that history rejected,but now in these apostate days,is revived by the Necromancers Westcott and Hort.Nice company you keep.
The KJV agrees with the 99% majority and you call that gnatism?Excuse me,but when one rejects the overwhelming evidence and goes with the hereitcal material that can't even agree with each other any two verses in a row.That is swollowing a camel.
Let us stop this now,and agree to disagree,before your facts are proved wanton.

I just believe the the LORD,I simply believe what he said in his word about his words.The only Holy Bible that fits this Godly,Biblical criteria is none other than the 1611.All the others,are fakes,and wannabees.They side with the Alexandrian heretical material.NASB,ESV,NKJV,etc.They have proven errors throughout.But the KJV is perfect,just as God would have his word to be.Pure,preserved,purified,Inspired,infallible,imuttable,impeccable.
Timothy had the inspired scriptures in his hands,and they were NOT the "originals" now,were they?Never is scriptures mentioned as the "originals".

Justin (Wiccan)

Peter A V said:
Let us stop this now,and agree to disagree,before your facts are proved wanton.

No, Peter, I do not agree to disagree, because what you are teaching is not truth. If you wish to stop discussing the issue, I certainly will not hound you on it, but the fact remains: an honest man who is in error, once that error has been demonstrated, remains either honest or in error.

If you choose to continue the discussion after this point, realize that I will continue to demonstrate your errors.

Justin

Mr. 5020

So far Peter has spewed a bunch of nonsense, and has had at least one post edited by a site administrator.

:loser:

Peter A V

B.E.has no Bible

B.E.has no Bible

Justin (Wiccan) said:
As I am a non-Christian,
If this is true,why should I believe anything you say?Whats up with that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. 5020

Peter A V said:
If this is true,why should I believe anything you say?Whats up with that?
You don't believe anything non-Christians say? If Justin walks up to you and says, "Two plus two equals four," will you scream, "BLASPHEMY?!?!"

Peter A V

B.E.has no Bible

B.E.has no Bible

brandplucked said:
Hi godrulz, I find it to be of interest that the Christian who really believes God has given us an inspired, complete and inerrant Bible is considered by you to be divisive and heretical, but the person like yourself who does not believe in an inspired Bible is now considered to be orthodox and in the fold.
This is [sad to say],the quote of the century.
Peter Fuhrman

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Something telle me that Turbo's edit of Peter's post was for the mistake in quote code.

drbrumley

You know, I hate the NIV as much as anyone spewing KJV Only. I use two translations. The KJV and the NKJV.

Now can you KJV only folks please answer post 31. Thanks.

Peter A V

B.E.has no Bible

B.E.has no Bible

Justin (Wiccan) said:
What is all this parroting of others that are not Bible believers,just Bible critics?Whats up with that?
Erasmus did it in haste,did he?
All people know that Erasmus is the kingpin in the Texus Receptus,so if they can discredit him,they think they can get the low down on the rest.The only problem is that there is no proof for that statement.Just because someone perpetrated it doesn't make it so.Accusations abound evrywhere.

Justin (Wiccan)

Peter A V said:
What is all this parroting of others that are not Bible believers,just Bible critics?Whats up with that?
Erasmus did it in haste,did he?
All people know that Erasmus is the kingpin in the Texus Receptus,so if they can discredit him,they think they can get the low down on the rest.The only problem is that there is no proof for that statement.Just because someone perpetrated it doesn't make it so.Accusations abound evrywhere.

And all you can respond with is excuses?

Contemptable.

Justin

Peter A V

Erasmus;He was surrounded with Bible manuscripts from his childhood in the 1460's,until the publication of his Greek Text in 1516.This is over 40 YEARS!!!Plus he worked on the text itself for a dozen years.
Durant says "the preparation had taken years."
Froude agrees.."Through all these strugling YEARS he had been patiently labouring at his New Testament..."

Yet KJV critics love to pretend that Erasmus hurriedly put his Greek Testament together.
Douglas Kutilek,the pamphleteer,tells his hapless readers,"The work on the Greek text was hastily and carelessly done...in great haste" plus his footnote document does not exist.

His Greek collection was of such magnitude,that it was coveteously siezed,and was finally returned,for he complained that his "life's work was stolen"

When Erasmus was in Italy he would have seen,not only the ancient pure Old Itala manuscripts,but the Italian Bibles of his day,as well.These Italian Bibles did not match the corrupt Latin Vulgate of Jerome,according to Samuel Berger,who has done the difinitive work on the history of the Italian translations
That his conclusion was that the Ital;ian translators depended on previous French and Provincial versions,...non-Vulgate versions...most likely the Wadenses readings..

Erasmus made his own Latin translation,not the copy of the corrupted Vulgate of Jerome's.

Peter A V

B.E.has no Bible

B.E.has no Bible

drbrumley said:
I use two translations. The KJV and the NKJV.
I do too,plus many more,including Greek.But there is only ONE that I believe.The one that is even better than the "originals"

Peter A V

B.E.has no Bible

B.E.has no Bible

Mr. 5020 said:
You are really bad at using the quote tags.
:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confoud the things which are mighty.I Cor 1

:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John,and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men,they marvelled;and they took knowledge of them,that they had been with Jesus.
I'm glad to be a fool for Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.