Where are the TruthSmackers in Fighting the Enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Is that what Christianity is about? Is that the Good News? That we are all disgusting piles of filth, and that only Jesus can mask that from God?
Pretty much.

Granite

Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Isn't that what "Truthsmacking" is?

Litte Debbie goes to school, goes up to Jenny, and says, "You're a skank! Well, y'are! Y'ARE! You need to repent before you go to hell!!!" Then she walks up to Steve and says, "You are a fornicator! You make me vomit! You need to repent before you go to hell!!!" Then she walks up to Rachel and says, "You're a Jew! You need to stop rejecting Jesus, before you go to hell!!!" Then she sees a Muslim girl crying. Her mother has died. Debbie says, "well, your mom is being tortured in hell for rejecting Jesus Christ, and worshipping a false God. Mohammed isn't going to help her now, I tell you what! But it's not too late for you!"

Then she goes home and thinks she's done the work of God.

The truth is, all little Debbie can do is bring fear and shame. Is that what Christianity is about? Is that the Good News? That we are all disgusting piles of filth, and that only Jesus can mask that from God?

The world is full of people that will call you a loser, a waste of space, that you have no reason to live, a pile of filth, simply because it's fun to be cruel, and sometimes, the wolves just put on sheeps clothing and continue to be cruel.

Justin was calling people on something, and they were offended, just like the Pharisees were offended at what Jesus said, Didn't Jesus know that they were the heads of the temple???? They were the teachers and studiers of the law!!! They were better than the other people!!!!

Fear and Shame. "Good News"?

Good stuff, bean, like usual.:thumb:

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
beanieboy said:
As for me, I would say that you pray that I don't convert, because if I do, what I call you on now I will call you on 10 times more.
Yea... were all shakin' in our boots over you. :rolleyes: :flamer:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DEVO said:
Yea... were all shakin' in our boots over you. :rolleyes: :flamer:

Ain't no smack like the DEVO smack!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Smacking appears to be merely an excuse to indulge one's own sense of superiority at the expense of someone who you presuppose will not convert.
Just to set the record straight "smacking" is the ability to create a artful, clever, brief, possibly humorous response that delivers truth and rebuts falsehood all while entertaining the reader.

I think I will make a seperate thread with this explanation.

Balder

The responses to Justin's comments are interesting. I understood Justin to be criticizing people here for being hateful and self-righteous, and for worshipping a hateful "god of their own making," rather than criticizing Jesus himself. If you read closely, he is saying that he believes that Jesus is better than the "god" that comes across in the rhetoric, attitude, ideation, and overall demeanor of many people here.

Of course, he doesn't know the real Jesus. Probably like me, he grew up in a Christian home in which he heard stories and sermons about Jesus that gave him the impression that Jesus was kind, loving, gentle, non-violent, and so on, and he didn't get to know the real Jesus of the Bible. Like me, he probably grew up with popular, prevalent images of Jesus that inspired love and respect, perhaps, but which were ultimately wrong. Because the real Jesus would have stoned that adulterous woman himself if it weren't for the Roman law over his head and the technicality of the missing male adulterer. The real Jesus would have no problem at all with executing every homosexual, adulterer, and disobedient child that ever disgraced this earth, and in fact would stand fully behind any future Christian government that set out to do so. The real Jesus is totally fine with genocide, if it will help the spread of his father's kingdom on earth, as it did in the old days. And of course, the real Jesus in fact will come again in violence and bloody judgment, wiping out huge numbers of people, and tossing huge piles of "human trash" into the fire when the time (at last!) is ripe.

Peace,
Balder

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:

Hey hey hey!!!

There's no reason for foul language here!!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Just to set the record straight "smacking" is the ability to create a artful, clever, brief, possibly humorous response that delivers truth and rebuts falsehood all while entertaining the reader.
Too bad more of the posters here can't quite get the knack... :nono:

Justin (Wiccan)

Lovejoy said:
He is so obviously goading Christians with his complete lack of reverence, that I had absolutely no interest in giving him the satisfaction.

Lovejoy, you could not be incorrect. I am not goading Christians, but those who falsely claim the name.

Justin

Justin (Wiccan)

Freak said:
Where are the Christians who will defend the Lord Jesus?

Does Jesus need to be defended? Did I say anything against Jesus Christ ... or did I deride the actions of hypocrites?

Even the title of the thread shows the depths of your error. "Where are the TruthSmackers in Fighting the Enemy?" Fighting the "enemy?" First and foremost, if you consider me an evil man, you are not even to resist me--and if I am your enemy, you are to bless me and pray for me.

Jay, I think you've either been reading the wrong Bible, or perhaps you could benefit from some remedial reading courses.

Justin

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Loks like Justin isn't as versed in the Bible as was previously thought.

Of course, if that's what he really thinks is the way Christianity is supposed to be, then why did he leave it?

Justin (Wiccan)

Lighthouse said:
Loks like Justin isn't as versed in the Bible as was previously thought.

So point me out any errors in my statements.

Of course, if that's what he really thinks is the way Christianity is supposed to be, then why did he leave it?

For the same reason that Elijah did not speak to the earthquake, the fire, or the great wind.

Justin

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The errors are not in your statements, but rather your perceptions. And the fact that you use one section, while ignoring another. The most blessing one can do for you is to point you to your need for Christ. Of course, if you don't care, then the smart thing is to let you remain in ignorance.

Justin (Wiccan)

Lighthouse said:
The errors are not in your statements, but rather your perceptions.

Such errors can be illustrated by way of examples, Have you any?

And the fact that you use one section, while ignoring another.

That's a contextual error. Again, as I said, if I'm making any, point them out.

The most blessing one can do for you is to point you to your need for Christ. Of course, if you don't care, then the smart thing is to let you remain in ignorance.

Lighthouse, let me point out an "error in perception" on your part. If you think that "if you don't care," is anywhere close to an accurate statement, then you are in abject ignorance of the most basic facts of who I am.

Justin

Freak

Justin (Wiccan) said:
First and foremost, if you consider me an evil man, you are not even to resist me--and if I am your enemy, you are to bless me and pray for me.

Justin
I do bless you--by sharing you the truth--that you will die in your sins if you reject Jesus. Witchcraft will keep you from knowing God. And I do pray for you.

Next.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:bang:
Did I say that you didn't care?! No! Get a clue! Grow a brain! The word "if" is a clause, moron! Why does anyone put up with you?

Justin (Wiccan)

Freak said:
I do bless you--by sharing you the truth--that you will die in your sins if you reject Jesus. Witchcraft will keep you from knowing God. And I do pray for you.

And pride will keep you from knowing God. The pride that lies to you and tells you "I can condemn another because I have been forgiven and they have not." The pride that whispers in your ear and says "I am someone important, because God callled me to a special ministry."

The pride that causes you to say "God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican." See, Jay, that's what calling gays "faggots" is all about--pride.

As for me, Jay, I'm not concerned if you hate me. I'm not concerned if you think you are better than me. The one and only thing I am concerned about is that if you are going to talk the talk of "Jesus is Lord," that you will also walk the walk, and make Him the Lord of your life ... including of your pride.

I'm not even concerned about what you think about Wiccans. To place it in your terms, I have only one Judge. And you are not He.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.